Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to make a compilation tape

Agree? Yes No

I just wanna hear good music, and if I put a cd together myself...then it sure must be good music

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by StphLadd
    Who says you can't???

It's an inside thing, Steph..... you're a moron, Dan
    \"Do I listen to Synthpop because I\'m heartbroken, or am I heartbroken because I listen to Synthpop?\"

test

Agree? Yes No

Now, that's twice I have fallen for your inside jokes. Ugh!!!!

Agree? Yes No

Not really =/
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

I guess I approach my mix cd's like my (rare) DJ sets ... I look for examples of music just outside the genre - if that makes any sense.

For example, I have a CD here of my DJ set at Club Paranioa in Tokyo, and it was to a darkwave/industrial/ebm audience - and while the general thrust of it is of the Skinny Puppy/Front 242 stream, there's some hard techno ("Panic Control" by Psychosonic) and nasty dark breaks ("It Evolves On It's Own" by Lunatic Calm) snuch in there.

A good mix tape or set should change your perceptions and expectations, I think. In this case, the result most definitely worked....
    ZEDRECS
    it starts here
    http://www.zedrecs.com

Agree? Yes No

I found this site the other day, that I think should be mentioned in here: Art of the Mix.

I've been making quite a few CDs lately. The first thing is to think about the intended audience/purpose: Is it for yourself, someone you want to seduce, an old friend, what? Is it a driving disc, a reading disc, a house-painting disc? Then, decide if you're going to make a theme: Cover Songs is always popular, and my lovely wife and I are working on a Science Fiction theme.

Thread Information