Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Covenant = most diverse?

Agree? Yes No

I'm sorry, I just cant think of Covenant as diverse. I think Dreams of a Cryotank is one of the best industrial albums to come out of the late 90. Sequencer was a fantastic album. Both were very origonial and kind of woke up a stale scene.

After that, Covenant seemed to get stuck in a rut. They are doing the same thing that every futurepop group is doing anymore, and useing the same drum loops that everyone else is useing.

I still havent even heard "Beloved". Maybe I should give that a chance. I guess it will depend on who remixed it. Green Court did work wonders with Apops "Kathy's Song", a track I hated the first time I heard.

Agree? Yes No

i like that its alright joel very good song and i think they are very diverse,the new album is very cool and pretty mellow,the bullet single is very good also the funk indian mix that is one the 2 lp version of NL is really good and the ellian mix or something like that of bullet that is on the single is good

way off topic here
    \"A friend of mine is a friend of the Smothers Brothers\' mother\'s brother\'s other brother\"
    buddy lembeck

Agree? Yes No

Covenants Latest offerings are just as diverse the Single
    Call the Ships to Port taken from the New Album northern lights is quite dark but edgeing back to there gothic routes..a bit simalar to there classic Stalker. I agree theyre more diverse than most bands on the EBM scene. Songs like Figurehead and Deadstars dont even fit the same category and there new ballad Invisible and Silent sounds more like Synthpop...and has no ebm or industrial elements you would expect..... They Might just get my vote in 1998 i fgot my first live offering from this amazing band at the Camden Underworld in North London. It was like a Gothic Ibifa and the Singer was just amazing Vocaly.

I prefer Covenent t the Modern Apogtygma Berserke as the new APB stuff sounds more like the UK's bland Hard House scene. In 1997 John Foxx brought out Shifting City i think this determined the whole EBM's scene's sound in many away not sayiong Covenant arent Original.........especialy the track Therimin which brought Bladerunner's atmospheres into some Industrial Synth Fueled Floor Killer!

The Sad thing is only a handfull of EBM releases are released in the UK and we rely on the DJ's to play what they get sent but Luckily Covenant was pulled out of the Bag of Tricks...Covenat may get my Vote..as I luv the Music!!!

Mark,S.London UK (Where we are the last to here descent Music)
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Agree? Yes No

I just got the New Album, another great disc from one of the greatest today's electrobands.
    definitely you can't go wrong with this band, they know their thing, Hell yeah!
    i still think that " Europa '' is one of the best Electroalbums I have ever heard, even " United States of minds " is also Great stuff. I love COVENANT, and I especialy love the way how this band always can keep such a brilliant musical balance, and the same opinion goes to ASSEMBLAGE 23, his last work is also Brilliant, but unfortunately i can't say the same about bands like VNV NATION and AP BERZERK , wich latest releases are not as good as their previous ones, but anyways let see what the future brings...

NORTHEN LIGHT is Great!!
    Max

Agree? Yes No

Thumbs up a more mature sound

Hi;

It seems that with every album, Covenant has progressively matured their sound and music. I first got introduced to them when I heard "Stalker" and then I bought "United States of Mind" which I totally loved! After investigating their older material, the trend was apparent. With every album, the band showed more skill and the production of the albums increased dramatically. They have truly spanned many genres, and their latest offering, "Northern LIght", is unlike any of their other album, IMO... The new stuff is very cinematic (Vangelis influences are all over the place) and every song flows into the next, as if telling a tale. I personally really like the album. Sure, it may not be as danceable and club friendly as the rest (a couple of songs are), but I think it is a great direction for the band.

J.
    Addicted2Fiction ... http://www.addicted2fiction.com

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by stargazer
    ellen allen mix you mean? that chick thats a friend with miss kittin?

where are you finding all this stuff?

bullet is a covenant single?
    ellen allien is this the same girl? bullet is the newest single from the northern light album and it is very good, that mix is damn good too
    \"A friend of mine is a friend of the Smothers Brothers\' mother\'s brother\'s other brother\"
    buddy lembeck

Agree? Yes No

well if i have it that means it is released but i am not sure in what countries it has been released if you want i can post the ellen allien remix on the tx synthpop group so you can check it out
    buddy lembeck

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by MaxMode
    I I love COVENANT, and I especialy love the way how this band always can keep such a brilliant musical balance, and the same opinion goes to ASSEMBLAGE 23, his last work is also Brilliant, but unfortunately i can't say the same about bands like VNV NATION and AP BERZERK , wich latest releases are not as good as their previous ones, but anyways let see what the future brings...

NORTHEN LIGHT is Great!!
    MaxMode i do agree im not a fan of HARMONIZER by APOP B
    It sounds like the UK Hardhouse Scene not very Interesting!

I like VNV but VNV and APOP B have lost a lot of there Credit to the Scene . The Change was obvious with APOP'S welcome to Earth! (which was ok as a album i did like it) Covenant have maintained the Dark Coldness which has been with them since day1 ! From the Theramin EP-Call the ships to Port! Plus the new APB stuff is unplayable in the UK 's only Synthpop Club and isd not really being played at all just like the New VNV stuff not played much at all!
    this is the new s**t

Agree? Yes No

Got the album some days ago, and I wouldn´t say that I´m very impressed with what I´ve heard. Guess something´s is missing.
    The action isn´t there.
    I love the track call the ships to port though, and the second single should be pretty cool aswell.
    But the rest of the album needs a lot of time...hm...

Christina

Agree? Yes No

Avil I wouldnt say it is there best Album I think United States of Mind was my favourite...I think its more of a Concept Album and Covenant showing they can do a ballad as well with the Track Invisible and Silent it is diffrent two the previous Covenant Albums but still more in line with the scene than the Apoptygma B Album Harmonizer which sounds like UK 1998 Hard House which is not associated at all with the seen ... 9I like Alphaville as well Obviously the classic Big in Japan .......)
    this is the new s**t

Agree? Yes No

While I don't necessarily consider them the most "diverse" band out there in the electro scene (I second the notion of Project Pitchfork being that), they are certainly among the most interesting.

IMHO, Covenant has definitely matured and progressed with each subsequent album. After listening to "Northern Light" for the past few days I think it's safe to say it's their most reflective and thematic album to date. Very melancholic in flavour - I can definitely relate to a lot of the tracks on this new album - which is something new to me with Covenant's music. I never really connected personally to it, even though I absolutely adored it. "Rising Sun" and "Invisible & Silent" in particular I find myself closing my eyes to and just letting myself float off into...

But anyway, I feel that Covenant always manages to keep things fresh by experimenting with different styles and sounds on each album. Whether they're flirting with hypnotic beats, synthpop ballads or driving EBM anthems - I'm never bored.

As an aside, I am one of the few people on this board who actually enjoys APB's "Harmonizer" and believes that VNV's "Futureperfect" is their best effort to date. So anything I say should perhaps be taken with a grain of salt around these parts.

-matt

(listening to Project Pitchfork's "Sinus")

ElectroGardener Mike Gjennestad's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

i haven't picked up covenants newest release yet, but i must say that they certainly have a wide range of sounds. a large arsenal like that is good and just makes their musical pallete. how does the sound from their new release compare on their musical spectrum?

gjennmike
    SYNTHPOP!!! To infinity and beyond!!!!

Agree? Yes No

I think we should just be content that Covenant is one of the few well produced EBM / synthpop / electro / industrial whatever bands out there... Nice to see some credibility...
    eric.!td
    www.ptinc.net
    www.darklink.org
    www.blackoutzine.com

Agree? Yes No

I just find it ironic that most people's fav Covenant album is 'Europa', which is the one I like least of all. In fact, it's the one I didn't like enough to buy. (aside from the new one, which I just haven't gotten around to buying yet -- must let it grow on me a bit first before I shell out)

S
    \"Denver Optometrist Not Sure Why He Has Gay Cult Following\" (go see theonion.com)

Thread Information