Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: V-Synth GT

Agree? Yes No

Default V-Synth GT

This looks really good. How much more synth options can one board get packed with. Intense.

http://www.rolandus.com/products/pro...x?ObjectId=847

Agree? Yes No

I love Roland products. The only issue I see with the V-Synth GT from the specs is that it isn't multitimbral. With all that power under the hood it seems kind of limiting to not make it multitimbral. On the other hand, people pay $3K+ for a Moog Voyager, and they're monophonic.

Agree? Yes No

Looks sweet. Like a space age version of a Jupiter 8 or something.

But not multitimberal at all? That sounds odd, typically that is so common that it is not even mentioned, either 8 or 16 part. Time to go read the specs closer.

Now, buying a monophonic only synth is true hard core.

Agree? Yes No

Since I surely can't afford a V-Synth...what do you think about the Juno-D?

Unregistered

Agree? Yes No

Red face MrMan

Quote Originally Posted by stubbie23 View Post
    I love Roland products. The only issue I see with the V-Synth GT from the specs is that it isn't multitimbral. With all that power under the hood it seems kind of limiting to not make it multitimbral. On the other hand, people pay $3K+ for a Moog Voyager, and they're monophonic.
    Hi, I recently could not hold myself back from purchasing a GT, just to put the record straight on the Mulititimbral issue, well it is erm.. sort of !! Although only on a single MIDI channel, the GT goes quite deep, and you can actually (within a patch) "zone" the keyboard into upto 16 zones and program a seperate sound for each zone. Howevere this is limited, as A you cannot layer these sounds and they will all be effected by the Tone FX applied to that tone or tomes within the patch. It also will only work on a single MIDI channel. I would hope that the GT has enough muscle for Roland to bring out a hardware/software upgrade in the future to allow full multiutimbral functionality with independant midi assignments.

Just a note, if you can - get one, there great !

Thread Information