Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Find of the Month

Agree? Yes No

Default Find of the Month

THis can be a lightly soiled pair of panties you found in a parking lot... or... this could be finding out you girlfriend is into buttsex... but preferably this should be music related of the indsutrial sort.

So for my June Find of the Month:

Runner Up: Picking up the import of Epsilon Minus for 18 CAD ($12 US) An import for cheaper than regular cds in the states?!?! God bless the Toronto Industrial Kollective (the vendors who sold it to me) and God bless the great exchange rate of US$ to CAD.

Grand Prize: Dubok's new double disc Technicolor. By far the most surprising disc I've picked up in a long long time. Very mellow electronic/industrial dance. Very think flowing pads... great drum programming... extremely fresh vocal sound... very tight... very well done from the first song to the last.

Ive heard of Dubok from all the opening slots they did with Flesh FIeld in Ohio over the years... but I've never heard enough praise of them to ever bother checking them out. But holy いい... this new album (from what I understand) leaves Immersed (their last) in the Dust. So to sum it all up... if you like Immersed... Technicolor will blow you away... If you havent heard of Dubok... just pick up Technicolor anyway. Its available from Tinman... and distributed thru Metropolis.

::three thumbs up::

heh... Im so disgusting sometimes. :-D

Agree? Yes No

Yeah, I'm looking forward to listening to their sophomore release...Immersed was alright, and from the samples I've heard, Technicolor should be a treat. I'll eventually get it--but there so many new releases these days, so It'll probably be a while.

::four thumbs up:: (I'm a freak )

Agree? Yes No

Ok how about this one ...

The debut release from Joy Electrical ...

I'm not kidding. Ronnie Martin has changed the name of his act ... supposedly indicative of a new era for "JE" (not to mention the end of the short-lived "Legacy" series) ... well I had a listen to a couple of tracks off the upcoming double CD "The Art and Craft of Popular Music" and they sound really good. I've also noted that it seems Ronnie has taken a bit more of a secular approach lyrically with the music this time ... it really seems to harken back to the WATMM era (as well as stuff off the Old Wives Tales EP).

http://www.mp3.com/joye ... and listen to the Giorgio Moroder track, it's really quite stunning. A return to the roots for Ronnie Martin (also a return to his old label Tooth and Nail)

Agree? Yes No

Industrial or not, my single best find of the month so far was discovering a promo of Seven Red Seven's Shelter with a different track listing and artwork for only $2.99...God bless Modesto California and it's little Wharehouse music used cd section
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

test

Agree? Yes No

My find for the month is Nightfall by Beborn Beton. This is an amazing album!

Agree? Yes No

Synthpopalooza...I learned a while back to always investigate your recommendations. You are right again..the new JE material is quite good.
    Complicating. Circulating.
    Operating. Generating.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by GuyverX
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to listening to their sophomore release...Immersed was alright, and from the samples I've heard, Technicolor should be a treat. I'll eventually get it--but there so many new releases these days, so It'll probably be a while.

::four thumbs up:: (I'm a freak )
    Dood... I cant stop listening to it!!! I burned a copy for the car and for my boombox when I go to sleep.

There is no escaping it!!!! Its so いいing good!!!

Agree? Yes No

I found.a great CD: Letzte Instanz "Kalter Glanz" in the used bin for $7. I guess they are classified as metal, but they have a very darkwave feel and incorporate lots of neo-classical, folk and electronic elements. Mostly off topic for this forum. Someone mentioned them on a german-language forum, and since Audiogalaxy died I had no choice but to take the risk... was very glad I did.

Last month I made a similar "discovery" of the band Girls Under Glass... unfortunately I cannot find most of their early/back catalogue. Time for an Infrarot order, I guess. Is there no end to the number of excellent "undiscovered" German bands?

Agree? Yes No

Can't say enough about the new Z Prochek CD, 'In My Mind'. 'Sacrifice myself' is a killer!!

You gotta' check this out!

http://www.synapse-records.com

Agree? Yes No

I think I'll have to vote for the new disc from Megadump "Futura" as my disc o' the month for july. not as ass-kicking as their last CD "Alles, Was Du Willst...", but plenty of high-energy EBM-like stuff. kind of like Cubanate without the guitars.
    Grey Area -- the other arron...

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by 7red7
    Industrial or not, my single best find of the month so far was discovering a promo of Seven Red Seven's Shelter with a different track listing
    Very cool... same tracks in a different order, or other tracks?

Got your package yet!?

Agree? Yes No

Thumbs up

Heh, sweet, I just ordered the new Dubok when I preordered the new Imperative Reaction over at metro. How are the remixes on the second disc? They're just frosting on the cake for me, but it'd be nice if they kicked ass too. The new Imperative Reaction WILL own the rest of the electro pack for july, these samples rock the casba: http://www.imperativereaction.com/listen.asp aggro and angsty anough for the rivets and melodic enough for the synthpoppers. Feel the love.

Agree? Yes No

My personal find of the month, even though they've been out...was picking up the two Virtual Server singles at SGTW for 5 canadian each. I love the Virtual Server stuff. Wide Awake is just a great track. To make things better, the project actually has a decent website.

R0x0r!
    Kris \'Destral\' Wilke
    kris@destral.net
    www.destral.net

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by marco_spn

Very cool... same tracks in a different order, or other tracks?

Got your package yet!?
    Same tracks, but no remixes of Everybody Lies and I'm Still Thinking Of You...It also has the track called After The Fall on it...The artwork on the fron and back is the same except darker, and the inside artwork picture is different...

And no package yet, but maybe tomorrow...Everything probably gor set back due to the holday here...No worries yet though
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Elitistwanker
    Heh, sweet, I just ordered the new Dubok when I preordered the new Imperative Reaction over at metro. How are the remixes on the second disc? They're just frosting on the cake for me, but it'd be nice if they kicked ass too. The new Imperative Reaction WILL own the rest of the electro pack for july, these samples rock the casba: http://www.imperativereaction.com/listen.asp aggro and angsty anough for the rivets and melodic enough for the synthpoppers. Feel the love.
    I only listened to the remixes once... in all honesty... I dont think they did the originals justice... but that's ok... cuz they are so いいing good anyway(the oringals that is).

On a side note PTI is opening for Imperative Reaction in Dayton OH Oct 4th I better see some o you here!!!!! :oints randomly::

Agree? Yes No

Hey Phil, if I could get to Ohio, I'd be there for sure man...But the money is um lagging at this time

Agree? Yes No

book me a flight to LA... and we will throw down for ya

Thread Information