Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Behind the decks once again

Lead ElectroGardener Bornslippy's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

they closed that place at 11:45, I was just getting started.. l.o.l.
    When I heard Hyper's song "winter day" I got the goose bumps... I remember Robert singing that at that same place, same stage...

Steph I'm playing Poe right now..It was a pleasure to finally meet you(your very sweet). I like Haunted, right now it's playing "terrible thought"... Thank you soooo very much Steph.. and If I see ya next week I'll burn some Neil Diamond for you j.k..

It was a pretty cool night.. Nice to see both Seraphim and Andi spin.. Now what they need is to pass out some flyers(really, and post on L.A weekly) and I think that club will be ok.
    Jeeezzz it's Friday night and I'm home at 12:30. l.o.l....

Dan and Mike finally nice meeting both of you. Both are cool die hard synthpop and Cause and Effect fans.. So very cool indeed.
    \"don\'t tell me, don\'t tell me, Depeche Mode right, yeahhh I like his stuff. Keep it up.

Simon Lebon of Duran Duran

test

Agree? Yes No

Mark, play track 15, House of Leaves, with headphones on. Then, tell me what you think.

I love Haunted! I love Hello, but I had to work at it. Haunted is an amazing album. The songs were recorded in the order that she wrote them. It took her 5 years to release it. It's a masterpiece! Do you remember her brother, Mark Z. Danielewski? He was the one who did Hey Pretty Drive By 2001 Mix--track 18. Some of the ideas on Haunted are also ideas in his book. It's pretty cool to see how interrelated they are.

She has 2 new songs on the new Conjure One cd that is coming out, in Sept. or Oct. They keep pushing the date back. Ugh!

I have heard that she is very close to finishing another album. I think it only needs mastering or something.
    I want that Neil Diamond cd NOW!!! I can't wait until next Saturday!!!!!

Oh, Chris, bring the bubbles next week.

Agree? Yes No

I'll throw in some Barry Manilow and some Kenny G as well....
    \"don\'t tell me, don\'t tell me, Depeche Mode right, yeahhh I like his stuff. Keep it up.

test

Agree? Yes No

No, no dice! If ya throw in some extras, throw in some Wayne Newton. He rocks!!!

Agree? Yes No

House of Leaves is strange.. It sounds like I'm in a David Lynch movie.. or it feels like I'm looking at an Andy Warhol art. Very surreal sounding.. They were probably on something when they made that sequence.. I do like this record.. Infact, later I'm going to record it on to tape this way I can play it in my car.. I'm sure it's cool to drive to..

Today I'm off to San Diego to visit my aunt.. Hmmm havent been there since 95. Right now it's playing Wild.. I likes...

test

Agree? Yes No

Check out House of Leaves, the book her brother Mark wrote. That's a trip! Excellent book!

I want to send you an mp3. Where should I send it?

Agree? Yes No

I'll check the book "house of leaves" as I'm looking to get a book to read anyway.. I'll definetely check it...

send mp3 to my addy

marka@careerquest.com

test

Agree? Yes No

Ok. I will upload the track and send it. I just have to decide which one to send. There are sooooooooooooo many good ones. LOL.

Have fun in San Diego. I was there for a dM show last summer. I can't believe it's already been a year.

Agree? Yes No

Time goes by so quickly when your having fun...

anyways I've played "spanish doll" what an awesome track.. I've played it like 4 times already.. It's my fav track..

test

Agree? Yes No

Yeah, that's a nice song. I love If You Were Here. It's beautiful and soooo sad. Haunted is awesome!

When are you going to listen to Hello? Track 2 is my favorite: Trigger Happy Jack.

Lead ElectroGardener KissTheStar's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

Well sounds like you all had a blast last night! I will have to make sure that I can make Seraphim's set next month ... I will bring Meg as well. Was overall turn out light last night? 1145 pm door closing is staggering to me .... however the turnout for the Ganymede/Monolithic show was pretty light as well but they didn't close the doors for that one. What was the deal?

Glad to hear your set was a success Chris! Congrats!

~Craig

test

Agree? Yes No

Well, there were about 7 people there. We had the largest contigent at 4. What can I say? We're Seraphim groupies.

I hope to see you and Meg next time. It was sad not seeing you

Agree? Yes No

wow...amidst this thread there is another conversation on POE! We should start a Poe thread. Michelle and I are huge huge fans. Was a toss up on who were were gonna watch more Poe or DM when they toured together last year. heh. Michelle ended up seeing Poe twice that year. damn her. hehehe
    Anyways...Poe rules! And don't you all forget it.
    ------------------------------
    www.myspace.com/noirtech

test

Agree? Yes No

Ohhh yeah! p+E fans!!!!!! Do either of you belong to the Angry Psychos? I am an AP.

p+E fans rule!!!

Agree? Yes No

Hey StphLadd, no we are not. I was gonna join, but Michelle would rather just get info online. How is it? I might still join if it is way cool...and ticket benefits. heh.
    Oh yeah..was it you Michelle ran into on a DM mailing list? She said someone had asked her if she was my wife. Think she mentioned you.
    www.myspace.com/noirtech

Agree? Yes No

Well, I just a chance to get online and post, so I'd like to start off first by saying that last night was tons of fun!!! Steph it was my utmost pleasure meeting you, you are a very sweet friend to have

Mr. Slippyman!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude you rock, a ball of energy thats what you are!!! But a big time music lover as well, awesome meeting you too...

Chris (Mr. Seraphim) What can I say, it was another great time hanging out and talking to you man, I loved the entire setlist, with the exception of that faulty 2nd deck, but you made do really well...Hope all works out for the coming weekend next week...Bob's sounds gggrrrrruuuubbbbbiiinnnggggg!!! It's been too long since I've been there, and to hang out with you guys while grubbing the good struff makes it all even better

And finally to my best brother and musical partner in crime Mike (WaterDragon) get the hell back on theboards over here will ya, I know you read these things still you big forum junkie!!!
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Oh yeah I almost forgot, Craig...I hope you and Meg are at the next one...We had plenty of laughs, but it would have been great to see you guys again
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

test

Agree? Yes No

Dan, it was awesome finally meeting you!!! You are soo sweet. I listened to OBK briefly this morning. It was before I had my requisite 3 cups of coffee, so I don't really remember much but I do know that I loved the songs!!! Thank you!!

Erick, yep, I am the one Michelle talked to. I didn't know she was on Counterfeit. I just joined. I used to belong to BONG, but I got tired of reading whiny posts from the same old people. LOL.

As for the AP's, it's a mailing list as well. I have been able to download songs and videos from a database. It's been shut down because the owner graduated from college. We have occasional get togethers and when p+E tours, the APs hang out. I would recommend posting on her official board: p-o-e.com, or bbs.poe.st, the Official AP site run by APs. p-o-e.com does have special things. There was a contest to take picture of p+E on tour when she did her club tour. They have also had a contest where people who posted a certain amount of times received autographed p+E pictures. You can also download the two new songs from the Conjure One cd.

I will be emailing you more about p+E.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by StphLadd

Erick, yep, I am the one Michelle talked to. I didn't know she was on Counterfeit. I just joined. I used to belong to BONG, but I got tired of reading whiny posts from the same old people. LOL.

As for the AP's, it's a mailing list as well. I have been able to download songs and videos from a database. It's been shut down because the owner graduated from college. We have occasional get togethers and when p+E tours, the APs hang out. I would recommend posting on her official board: p-o-e.com, or bbs.poe.st, the Official AP site run by APs. p-o-e.com does have special things. There was a contest to take picture of p+E on tour when she did her club tour. They have also had a contest where people who posted a certain amount of times received autographed p+E pictures. You can also download the two new songs from the Conjure One cd.

I will be emailing you more about p+E.

Yeah...thought that was you when she mentioned it. :-) I sent her the info about the Poe board to her. I will see if I have time to go there. With so many boards and lists I visit already, there barely is time for other things. heh.
    I also think Michelle had the same complain about the BONG board. She said it was just a bunch of little kids complaining.

Thank you so much for all the great Poe info. Just got your email as well. Will be replying to you soon.
    thanks
    www.myspace.com/noirtech

test

Agree? Yes No

Cool. I will look for the email.

Thread Information