Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: NEW interview with EMPIRE STATE HUMAN up now

test

Agree? Yes No

Default NEW interview with EMPIRE STATE HUMAN up now

There is a new interview with EMPIRE STATE HUMAN up at www.electroage-music.com

It features in-depth answers, to questions on ESH past and future releases. For those of you interested, there will be another exclusive ESH interview up at www.purzynth.com soon, to help push the new EP 'Music Fof Humans'.

Regards,
    Aidan, Lar & Brian
    www.empirestatehuman.com

Agree? Yes No

Thanks for that, a good interview. I really love Pop Robot (got the limited edition, too) and am excited about your new stuff coming out. I've wondered: which of the three of you is the vocalist? Aidan? At first I was uncertain about the vocals but now they're one of my favorite things about ESH - I hope they're more in the forefront this time.

test

Agree? Yes No

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time out to comment on the interview :-)
    Yes, I am the vocalist. I do understand your point regarding your uncertainties about that, but like everything else in life, once you get to become familiar with something ......... :-)

We haven't brought up the vox's in the mixes on our new releases, as we tend to approach a vox, as just another instrument, leaving it sit into the mix. I personally feel some vox's on 'Pop Robot' may be in fact too loud in the mix. We also want to return to more instrumental tracks within our CD's too, as that's were we originally started out from. 'Alpha & Omega' features 3 instrumentals, one being a new electro dance mix of 'Chimes', which was composed for a Sony PlayStation advert, we were involved with here in Ireland. Our 'Urbanism' album will feature around 6 instrumentals, but as it's around 20 tracks in length. we don't feel that we are neglecting our 'song based' side in any way. 2 tracks on the new EP 'Music For Humans', are half instrumental (if you get my drift), these track are called 'Das Kapitol' & 'The Plutocrats'. Hope you like them, we will look forward to any comments you may have in the future.

Best Regards,
    Aidan
    www.empirestatehuman.com

Agree? Yes No

Instrumentals are good too - in fact, I think they help bring an album together, they change it from just a collection of pop songs into more of a 'show,' something entertaining you sit down with and listen to from start to finish intently.

I get confused with all the not-quite-out-yet releases... Music for Humans is coming out soonest, right? Then Alpha & Omega, then Urbanism? Or am I mixed up...?

On another note, it really makes me happy to be able to communicate like this between bands / fans so directly. Another reason to love electrogarden

test

Agree? Yes No

Hi,

Totally agree with you regarding instrumentals, they are another way of expressing musical ideas, using only the electronic sounds and sparks.
    Sorry to confuse you with many up & coming ESH releases, but yes 'Music For Humans' is first to be released on 23rd July with Mexico's Pur Zynth Label. Then soon (hopefully :-)) followed by the 'Alpha & Omega' album with Ninthwave Records, which is to be then followed with the next album 'Urbanism', with Ninthwave. As of now, we don't have releas dates for the 2 albums, but as soon as we do, we'll send in a thread. I won't further confuse you by saying that we've already written the 2003 album 'Futura' will I? It's such hard work being prolific ;-)

Keep in touch :-)

Aidan
    www.empirestatehuman.com

Thread Information