Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Moenia = Depeche Mode ?

Agree? Yes No

[QUOTE]Originally posted by haloinreverse
    [b]Here goes something more about Moenia similarities.If you listen carefully to Moenia's "Llegaste a Mi" , you will find a rip off of New Order guitar...it-s a classic New Order riff in that song, specially at the end.Take a listen , and you will agree with me.
    QUOTE]

Doesn't every band in any language use other artist stuf??/ lol, How do you think RAP got started. lol

Agree? Yes No

Okay in defense of Moenia (because I like to play devil's advocate)...I'll say this...First and foremost, everyone rips off everybody...Depeche Mode included from their beginnings to their first American breakthrough in America with Music For The Masses...Thats right kiddies, there were groups doing it far better than Dm in the early days, and Cetu Javu had that MFTM sound in 1986...

So Moenia is no different...They borrow what they like and make their own...It's an old trait in music, hear something new, take what you like, gain fame from it...Yadda, yadda, yadda...

As for OBK...I'm very familiar with them, and unlike Moenia, they have a huge label backing from the beginning, are still on the same label, and have a larger audience to appeal to...Moenia struggled, while OBK had the opportunity to thrive right away...

Besides, both state DM as their biggest influence...I mean what do you think OBK stands for??? "Oberkorn"...

Sorry for those who have to see me rant like this, I just don't approve of people slamming groups like Moenia...They're a great band, and have worked harder than a lot of bands that I can think of to get where they are today...

It's so funny also that people are still quoting ElectroM...She hasn't been on these boards in over a year!!!

Like Charles said...blah blah blah...If you like Moenia, great, if not, meh, it's all opinion anyway...

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

I know what OBK stands for, you're not bringing any new information on the band in your post.

The discussion was Moenia ripping off a DM song, and Moenia admitting it in an e-mail to someone on this thread. That's a bit different than simply being influenced by DM.

You're just trying to defend Moenia because you're a little fanboy for them. Nothing more, nothing less.

Agree? Yes No

"Actually"...You brought OBk into this before I did...Uh-huh, it's true *points to the post I remarked on* And I still have no clue what OBk being Spanish having relevance here either...Uh, Moenia are a Spanish group too, albeit with different variations due to the difference in continents...

And again like I said, everyone rips off everyone, it's music, always has been, always will be...How do you think VNV nation exist??? Heres a clue...Their predecessors...

Okay sorry for hijacking the thread...Now back to the DM discussion...

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

LOL....I mentioned how your groundbreaking information on what OBK stands for was nothing new, and you start commenting about me being the one who brought OBK into the thread......Judging by your off-base responses, it seems as if you're heavily influenced by drug use. Either that or you were dropped on your head one too many times when you were a child.

Your comment about bands ripping off other bands is a moot point. The fact of the matter is, Moenia practically copied a particular DM song, but put it in Spanish. It would be OK if it were simply a remake and credited to DM (Or specifically, Martin Gore) but it wasn't credited to them.

Agree? Yes No

I understand this...I just can't get how someone would still (in this day and age) be suprised it happens...Thats what I'm getting at...Bands copy each other, it's the in-thing to do...

Oh and thats "mute"

DAN

Agree? Yes No

It's not surprising, but it is insulting that some bands will do this. If you're going to do such, you should give credit where credit's due.

It's one thing to be influenced by a band, it's another to copy a song without giving credit to the band you're supposedly paying tribute to.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by VNV Demon
    It's not surprising, but it is insulting that some bands will do this. If you're going to do such, you should give credit where credit's due.

It's one thing to be influenced by a band, it's another to copy a song without giving credit to the band you're supposedly paying tribute to.
    I do agree, some credit should have been given...Although in Spanish, it is the same song just about...I mean hell for all we know, Moenia's members don't know the first thing about royalties and that they are commonly paid...

Agree? Yes No

VNM Demon, listen like I have said before, Most people are not familiar with OBK. Who cares what OBK stands for. Like others have said, "If you like Moenia, great if not..oh well".

Other bands use other peoples work. Come on, RAP artist rarely gives credit to the original artist.

I agree with 7Red7, credit should have been given...BUT you don't hear anyone complaining about it. You didn't hear Martin or any DM member complaining. Is not a big deal.

Let me ask you this...Did you enjoy the song? I sure did. Is a great song.

Ok, enough of OBK and the song... Lets get back to MOENIA= DEPECHE MODE???

have fun and enjoy the music.
    If You Don\'t know, Now You Know.
    www.myspace.com/d3lions

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by d3lions
    VNM Demon, listen like I have said before, Most people are not familiar with OBK. Who cares what OBK stands for. Like others have said, "If you like Moenia, great if not..oh well".

Other bands use other peoples work. Come on, RAP artist rarely gives credit to the original artist.

I agree with 7Red7, credit should have been given...BUT you don't hear anyone complaining about it. You didn't hear Martin or any DM member complaining. Is not a big deal.

Let me ask you this...Did you enjoy the song? I sure did. Is a great song.

Ok, enough of OBK and the song... Lets get back to MOENIA= DEPECHE MODE???

have fun and enjoy the music.
    People being familiar with Moenia but not OBK is a tragedy.

As for who cares what OBK stands for, 7red7 was the one who brought that up......So you should ask him that question, not me.

Yes, you're right......Rap artists commonly use melodies and such that belong to other artists, without giving any credit......But that's one of the reasons rap is considered a joke by many.

And no, I didn't really like the song discussed in this thread. It's an average song, to be honest. Moenia has better songs than that.

Agree? Yes No

I stand corrected. Sincere apologies VNV. 7red7 brought that up.

"People being familiar with Moenia but not OBK is a tragedy."VNV
    We should spread the word about OBK. Put links to their site. Videos (if you can find any on the net). OBK has good music.

As for MOENIA having better songs... I agree.

RAP=bubble gum music.
    www.myspace.com/d3lions

Agree? Yes No

Talking

Obviously my point when talked about Moenia's rip off new order guitar riff was that IS a rip off not just an *influence*.
    Cetu Javu was influences by DM ...do you listen to any exact dm sample through out their discography..i think not.
    Same goes for OBK, maybe they just took a song name for their band name.but other than that, i wouldn't say they took a identical sample or sound.
    Anyways, I do like Moenia a bit, i just wanted to differentiate between *being influenced* and an *authentic rip-off*

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by VNV Demon

People being familiar with Moenia but not OBK is a tragedy.

As for who cares what OBK stands for, 7red7 was the one who brought that up......So you should ask him that question, not me.
    Being familiar with Moenia and not OBK a tragedy...You're opinion...

I brought OBK into the thread...Nope, can't take credit for that...I believe it was you who brought up some inane sentence like:

"As for Moenia themselves....

OBK and Sequencia are two Spanish-language synthpop groups who are a lot better than Moenia in my opinion.....OBK are from Spain, while Sequencia are a new unsigned group from Argentina."

And OBK being from Spain and you're bringing them into this has to do with????

Agree? Yes No

Good one 7red7 good one. lol.
    www.myspace.com/d3lions

Agree? Yes No

hahahaha is this a war going on in here OBK VS Moenia?? First of all OBK did rip off a DM song too it was Orbital which is an instrumental song,Dan you have this song listen to it carefully you'll find that it is a DM song "GET THE BALANCE RIGHT" also other spanish synth bands did the same thing back in the days Like Alaska y Dinarama & Santuario. I can send or put this samples somewhere.....but c'mon let's end this leave moenia & OBk alone what's important is that there's synthpop with spanish lyrics even if they sound like DM or Not.

CETU JAVU ARE WAY Than OBK,moenia,Sequencia All together............ hehehe bleh ;-p

people from another planet living on earth today.....

Agree? Yes No

hahaha this is so entertaining
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Niņos_Del_Brasi
    hahahaha is this a war going on in here OBK VS Moenia?? First of all OBK did rip off a DM song too it was Orbital which is an instrumental song,Dan you have this song listen to it carefully you'll find that it is a DM song "GET THE BALANCE RIGHT" also other spanish synth bands did the same thing back in the days Like Alaska y Dinarama & Santuario. I can send or put this samples somewhere.....but c'mon let's end this leave moenia & OBk alone what's important is that there's synthpop with spanish lyrics even if they sound like DM or Not.

CETU JAVU ARE WAY Than OBK,moenia,Sequencia All together............ hehehe bleh ;-p
    Oh no, Cetu Javu also, lol.... It looks like their is no end...lol. This is to funny. I did forget about Alaska and Santuario.

Agree? Yes No

lol what fun

people from another planet living on earth today.....

Agree? Yes No

Have you all been smoking or what? Cetu Javu is the best and whoever disagrees with me is wrong. God this network can be so hilarious, everyone is ignorant compared to me!
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

Talking

Originally posted by 7red7

Being familiar with Moenia and not OBK a tragedy...You're opinion...

I brought OBK into the thread...Nope, can't take credit for that...I believe it was you who brought up some inane sentence
    LOL, once again I have to question whether you were dropped on your head one too many times as a child. Either that, or you're playing dumb (Something which apparently comes naturally to you).

The question he asked was "who cares what OBK stands for" (Oberkorn), that's the topic you brought into the thread.

So, 7red7, you can go back to eating paint chips while listening to horrid Middle Eastern remakes of synthpop songs. No one's stopping you.

Thread Information