Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Moenia = Depeche Mode ?

Agree? Yes No

You sure do!

MaxMode no hard feelings alright?
    I see angels in the sky,
    feel the demons in my heart...
    The sound of rave in my brain,
    making me insane...!
    RAVE or DIE!!!!!!!!

Agree? Yes No

Well according to a MOENIA article i read on ERES magazine a few months ago
    their last album " Le Modulor '' was totally recorded in the same studio tha DM recorded " Exiter " in England. They started recording just one week after DM left the studio, and Madonna had also been there just a couple of monts before, isn't that something??????

I'm telling you... MOENIA already belongs to the big Leagues...

I met MOENIA like two years ago when they were promoting their second album " Adicion " in South Beach F.L. They had their press conference at the loews Hotel, my former Employer.
    They were very nice and i remember asking about their similarity to DM, specially the singer's voice to Gahan's.
    this's a very talented Synthpop band and already has a lot fans all over Latin and North America, so watch out !!!!!

ELECTROM of course not baby, I really like you

Regards
    Max

Agree? Yes No

Hey Electro M take it easy, you have to be open minded if you want to live in this world, I'm 100% agree with Max Mode as a matter of fact my original language is SPANISH oh what a great language, and let me tell you anybody can learn English is so easy but my friend try to speak in Spanish, aahhh is probably one of the most difficult language ever.
    If you hate Spanish, Italian, French I respect that but we are thousand of people so I'm sorry.
    I'm from Costa Rica and I really love any kind of music in any language and I strongly recommend Moenia, take your time and listen to it.
    Peace in the world!!!
    "Imagine there's no countries I wonder if you can...and the world will live as one" John Lennon
    "Ayudame siempre a ver la otra cara de la moneda, no me dejes inculpar a los demas por no pensar igual que yo" Mahatma Gandhi
    If you want to know what I wrote go to http://www.freetranslation.com/
    Regards!!
    RAEP

Agree? Yes No

I can tell you one thing, I don't even like my own language, it's so complicated to learn and talk. It would be awful to translate any song on Croatian (Hrvatski).

I sure will listen to Moenia, so can you tell me something more about it, like how many albums did they release, which album is best...?

P.S.-Volim vas sve!!!! (Love you all!!!!)
    I see angels in the sky,
    making me insane...!
    RAVE or DIE!!!!!!!!

Agree? Yes No

I'd start with Adicion...It's their most dolid album IMO...If you like what you hear, try their newest album Le Modular...Also keep in mind they have had two different front men in their line-up...Try checking out their debut cd also...Hell try em' all and see which you like best They're all good in their own way, but as I said, Adicion is their strongest...

Happy Listening!!!!!!!!!!! ElectroM
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Thanks 7red7
    As soon as hear some albums I'll let you know my opinion!
    I see angels in the sky,
    making me insane...!
    RAVE or DIE!!!!!!!!

Agree? Yes No

I'm coming into this thread a little late in the game, but whatever. I'm interested in listening to Moenia. I've never heard of them either. Of course I live in Japan, and we don't have the greatest selection of synth artists here. Japanese didn't enter the little "real language" debate but I haven't heard a decent synth band here in Japan since I arrived 9 years ago so I guess it doesn't matter. (Soft Ballet was cool before they broke up.)

In reference to killer Mexican artists, I recently discovered EBM artist Hocico (http://www.hocico.net/) and they blew me away.

Language is moot. Artists should sing in the language that best expresses what they want to say. The feeling will be conveyed. And that's my opinion.
    A04 of SoundMine, self-proclaimed electromilitant

Agree? Yes No

Excellent ElectroM, I sure you won't be dissapointed, I also recommend Adicion+.
    Good Luck and let us know
    RAEP

Agree? Yes No

I would like to know so please do find out, thanks Niņos Del Brasil.

Muito Ben

Paul

Agree? Yes No

Ok, what are you guys talking about?? Moenia, Doing a cover of DM??? I have fallow MOENIA since 1991 "El Disco Perdido" the first CD from moenia before teh got famous. Moenia has never Cover a DM song. Thsy do admit DM was a major influence for them. But they have not done any covers of DM songs.

the only similarity would be the sound, but then again look at other bands that have the same DM sound ( C&E and Iris to name a few)

Sorry if I sound a bit lost with the subject, but from whjat I've read, MOENIA covering a DM song???...

by the way here are some links to some of their music videos online. Enjoy:

En Que Momento?:
    http://www.distritofilms.com/videoclips.html

Llegaste A Mi:
    http://www.235films.com/moenia3.html

Regreso A Casa:
    http://www.235films.com/moenia2.html

Manto Estelar:
    http://www.235films.com/moenia1.html

Tell me what you think of the videos.

D3lions

Originally posted by 7red7
    [b]Has anyone else noticed this? Anyone seen any other DM songs that have been used this way? Not covered but redone in another language as the band's own song.

I am not bashing Moenia at all. I think it is great that they would do this (even though I don't see any credits to Martin Gore on the cd information) and there are many songs in spanish that I think would make great songs in english.
    Ok, I guess none of you have heard of "Complecita" which is a remake of "HERE IS THE HOUSE" from an Italian group called Bluvertigo. Check it out, Now thats actually a complete remake of the song, it sounds ok. Here is the link to a 30 sec. sound at amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=music

D3lions
    If You Don\'t know, Now You Know.
    www.myspace.com/d3lions

Agree? Yes No

I just finished a review of Moenia's excellent adicion, but right now synthpop.net is having tech. difficulties, so you probably can't see it. Check that.. I just checked and it appears that things have been restored over there. Ok, so I'll re-post that tonight...

{Edit}

Ok, it's up there now....
    Nearly 700 of my reviews of various synthpop-related releases hosted by:
    www.synthpop.net

Agree? Yes No

The video's are very well done!!
    I have a question!
    Is Moenia a big group in Mexico?
    because the production on the video's is really good and video's are expensive to make. I really like Moenia alot I had "Le Modular" and I lost it
    I guess I will have to buy it again!

What's the best Moenia album anyway?
    www.myspace.com/bravenewworldmusic

Agree? Yes No

Glad you like it. The best Album, and I'm sure everyone will agree, is "Addicion+", You can also get "MOENIA-Exitos" which also has 6 music videos. 3 of them are from their first Cd. which you will notice they have a different front man ( he know has his own group called: MORBO).

To answer your question: Yes they are big and still growing.

Hope this is of some help.
    www.myspace.com/d3lions

Agree? Yes No

Well damn this thread came out of nowhere again *LOL* Man I can't even think of what it was I was getting at in my post from last year...

Lars I definately agree, Adicion is Moenia's best album...Not many bands can undergo a change in their frontman and continue to remain and grow even bigger with success, but Moenia have managed to do so, and they're very popular in Mexico and South America

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Yeah this thread is kinda old already, anyway I agree with Dan "ADICCION" is their best album....................... blah, blah........

people from another planet living on earth today.....

Agree? Yes No

lol
    www.myspace.com/d3lions

Agree? Yes No

lol, who cares if ElectroM doesn't like certain languages? No one should take offense, jeez......

By the way, ElectroM, is it true that Croatians are descendants of Persians? I was reading about this recently. The claim was the Yugoslavians tried to suppress this information, especially during the communist regime, and a lot of artifacts which linked Croats to the Persians were destroyed. Another part of the claim was that the Slavs, back when the Croats first went into the area, forced the Croats to speak the Slavic language(s) rather than Persian....And since the communist regime is gone, the information about a link between Croatia & Persia has been brought out again. I was just wondering what a Croat's point of view on this would be.

As for Moenia themselves....

OBK and Sequencia are two Spanish-language synthpop groups who are a lot better than Moenia in my opinion.....OBK are from Spain, while Sequencia are a new unsigned group from Argentina.

I haven't listened to "Adicion", but I always found the only good Moenia album to be their self-titled CD. The rest of the material I heard from them was average at best. I'll try to check out "Adicion", though.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by VNV Demon

OBK and Sequencia are two Spanish-language synthpop groups who are a lot better than Moenia in my opinion.....OBK are from Spain, while Sequencia are a new unsigned group from Argentina.
    Hey!!! I'm pretty familiar with Spanish language but I haven't heard of Sequencia.

Links, song recommendations, etc.... would be greatly appreciated!!!

Krystal

Agree? Yes No

Well, It seems Moenia hit a DM forum again :P.Here goes something more about Moenia similarities.If you listen carefully to Moenia's "Llegaste a Mi" , you will find a rip off of New Order guitar...it-s a classic New Order riff in that song, specially at the end.Take a listen , and you will agree with me.
    Anyways, I like Moenia a bit.I got to them thanks to a mexican friend of mine.

HaloinReverse

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by KrystalWrists

Hey!!! I'm pretty familiar with Spanish language but I haven't heard of Sequencia.

Links, song recommendations, etc.... would be greatly appreciated!!!

Krystal

The main guy in Sequencia goes on soulseek. You can find the mp3's on there......Very good stuff, I'm surprised he's not signed yet. His nick on soulseek is apoptygma10

Thread Information