Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mesh's album entered the greek charts!

Agree? Yes No

Well, I was just giving it my best guess...but I'm pretty sure it's the same type of music worldwide. Shakira and Celine Dion I know are in the top 20 in Greece.

Agree? Yes No

ok, this week's update:
    WWOM stays on the official greek chart for the third week, at number #31, which means another two places higher than last week.
    For people who wonder who are the other artists on the charts, yes,you're right, it's the same crap as everywhere.. Maybe the only album worth mentioning is the new A-HA, at number #9. (should i refer to mr. Moby at #1?)
    Finally,people from Mesh's record company here(SONY), are contened with the sales so far, and they're expecting that the album will get higher on July,after Mesh's concert on the Rockwave Festival in Athens.

Agree? Yes No

Only two spots in one week? That's not that good...but as you said, maybe the concert will increase CD sales.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by xymotics
    hi enrico,
    here in Greece it's easy to get this information.radio and tv shows the charts every week.if you want to check it out visit : http://www.babylon.gr/Charts/2002/Gr...05charts01.htm

keep on the good work!
    wow, Frank Sinatra... gee anybody want to bring the greek charts over to the US, they look infinitly better, although still bad

Hint Frank is preferable to Ja Rule... Master P crap, etc.

Surprised to see Mesh on the list, think it's the only synth group on there. Totally out of place.
    Let\'s make our beats so corney and cheezy that even George Bush can dance to it. ~Pop

Agree? Yes No

checking Mesh's official site last week,i saw their reference on the greek charts:
    "The album "Who Watches Over Me?" is currently number 31 in the official Greek Charts, up from 33 last week and 38 the first week. This is all part of our plans to spend more time in hot countries with large supplies of free Kebabs. Thanks to everyone there who is buying the CD - top 30 would be good though....;-)"

OK guys! your wish came true! this week , one place higher,at number #30 !!!!! who told them of free kebabs aqnyway??!!!!

Agree? Yes No

What does free kebab has to do with the charts? I´m confused now.

Agree? Yes No

Greece is the word!
    \"Man, you go through life, you try to be nice to people, you struggle against the urge to punch ‘em in the face, and for what?! For some pimply little puke to treat you like dirt. Well I’m better than dirt ... well most kinds of dirt. I mean, not that fancy, store-bought dirt. That stuff’s loaded with nutrients. I can’t compete with that.\"

Agree? Yes No

Free kebab if you are on the charts in Greece? heeeh?

Agree? Yes No

I'm hungry.

Agree? Yes No

YES! YES! Six weeks in a row on the top-40. Number #24 this week!!!!! it's going up! let's make it better..!!!!

Agree? Yes No

I wish there's something we could do to make it climb higher in the Grecce charts? That way it could infect other countries, it looks very promising though.

Agree? Yes No

I'll be happy when they reach #1 (where they should be).

Agree? Yes No

If it weren't for Fakinos George the most powerful dj of Athens that believed in their music and played their songs at the Horostasio Club downtown and that old radio station called Klik fm --unfortunately shut down as we speak--- I don't think that Mesh would become that famous in such short notice in Athens and in sequence all over Greece...... Unfortunately we Greeks won't be able to see them playing live, since Rock Wave festival has been postponed..... if not something even worse..... Lets hope to a sudden change of luck, and let's hope that Mesh will be able to give us what we need and crave for some time now... THEIR LIVE PERFORMANCE........ MESH RULE!!!
    ;o)

Agree? Yes No

electropony,
    their official site states that they will find a couple of days to play in Greece in autumn. maybe it's better to see them on their own at a friendlier place than an old airport...i agree that george has done good work with Mesh, but don't you think that there were at least 3-4 other clubs and djs that did the same?

Agree? Yes No

No I don't think that there were other djs that played their music so persistently..... and plus before their work was released in Greece... now isn't that brave and admirable? I mean he is a resident dj in one of the hottest clubs concering alternative music... and Mesh were completely unknown to 99% of the public... When I decided to buy their cd in this place forever the sales boy told me " Are you going to Horostasio?" " do you know Fakinos?"
    I am glad for the information you just gave me...... Warm Regards Jim.
    ;o)

Agree? Yes No

ok, they're finally coming to play this Wednesday!
    i'm just worried about the capacity of the new place, very worried indeed..
    And sorry, but i'll have to disagree with you, and i think i might know more of the club scene here..( i just think it's a bit out of topic)
    oops! was that an arrogant thing to say???
    cheers!

p.s: electropony, if you want to talk about it ,send me a private message. see'ya!

Agree? Yes No

Wow!
    I wish the rest of the world looked at music like Greece!
    e n d o r a : chicago-based synthpop
    info@endpop.com
    www.endpop.com

Agree? Yes No

All Mesh things started by Skiadas and not Fakinos.George thinks that he's something like a dj diva and it really gets on my nerves!!!!Xymotics you told me that you like a different drum,too.What exactly do you love from it?

Agree? Yes No

Just out of curiousity, why are people so surprised to see Mesh in these charts now, or think they're about to break into the mainstream? With Sony's name beside their new album, I think it's a safe bet that Mesh have a lot more going for them now than just relying on indie university DJ's to play their stuff anymore. Sony = money. Money = sales and guaranteed charting.

Agree? Yes No

Well, it's probably because major labels oftentimes will spend nothing on their more indie acts. They release their albums, maybe a couple of singles, and then after the band fades into obscurity, they drop them. Just because they're on a major doesn't mean any money will be spent on promotion and without promotion, there usually is minimal sales and no chart success.

Plus, there is obviously NO promotion going on here in the US. Nothing. In fact, Metropolis Records knew that most people would buy the import of WWOM, so they're probably not going to even bother releasing it here. All the hardcore fans have already bought it, so any additional sales will be minimal (thanks to that pesky lack of promotion) and they'd just take a loss on the whole deal.

So it seems odd that a band that is so obscure in these parts of the world is actually charting somewhere.
    \"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in.\"
    - Homer Simpson

Thread Information