Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Their Best Album ??

Agree? Yes No

Question NEW ORDER Best Album ??

OK! ohohoho! I'm the first New Order poster hah!

a question?

what's their best Album?

My opinion? " Technique "

yours????
    Max

test

Agree? Yes No

I'm going to be different here and say Substance. I have Technique on tape not cd and haven't listened to it for awhile. I have Substance on cd and it has all my favorite songs on it. It's the perfect cd.

Agree? Yes No

"Low Life"

They have not made a CD since that equals it in it's greatness (even though Substance comes close) ... I mean the CD just ROCKS. Killer instrumental in "Elegia" ... I was listening to this in high school in 1986 while everyone else was nuts over Madonna or George Michael. I got a few strange stares too.

Agree? Yes No

I'll have to agree with "Low-life" and disagree with "Substance" because it was more of a compilation rather than an album.
    Check out me avatar

Agree? Yes No

yeah substance isn't an album really to me but as far as the best album goes...hmmm...i'd have to go with lowlife or technique i just can't decide. lowlife is just so charged with emotion you can't deny it's greatness one bit. on the other hand technique is so catchy and also contains some poweful emotion...it's a toss-up!

actually no...vanishing point, loveless, mr disco, all the way, dream attack...the list of songs that hit the heart is too long

TECHNIQUE.
    i design stuff...
    --> drxdtcm

Agree? Yes No

Well, despite Vanishing Point, Dream Attack, True Faith, Shellshock, and State of the Nation being some of my favorite New Order songs by far, I'm going to have to go against the general opinion and say that REPUBLIC is their best album. Overall, it's just awesome and very consistent. I also think that it's my favorite because when I first got it and listened to it a zillion times like 6 years ago, it was a good time in my life, and it reminds me of that time and some people in my life at that time that aren't in it anymore, etc etc. You get my point. But it's not just for that personal reason, I still think it's a solid album regardless. REPUBLIC is my pick.

Agree? Yes No

Republic wasn't bad. Although it sounds more like an Electronic album than a New Order one, not that that's bad mind you.

test

Agree? Yes No

Technique

Agree? Yes No

Default Re: NEW ORDER Best Album ??

Originally posted by MaxMode
    OK! ohohoho! I'm the first New Order poster hah!

a question?

what's their best Album?

My opinion? " Technique "

yours????
    Technique and Substance are great.
    Let\'s make our beats so corney and cheezy that even George Bush can dance to it. ~Pop

Agree? Yes No

Brotherhood.....
    It's more guitar oriented, but it's their best work!!!
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

Agree? Yes No

guys, what about "Power, Curropsion & Lies" ???

Agree? Yes No

I'm going to go with Republic. It's probably their most well rounded release to date. I do like Low-Life too...but Republic gets my vote.

Agree? Yes No

I'd have to go with Technique, probably the best all-rounder I think. I remember being at college when that first came out and I was listening to it every day for weeks!
    Retrofuture
    www.retrofuture.co.uk

Agree? Yes No

yeah I can't believe I only have the 2nd vote for Power, Corruption & Lies. so many all-time classics on there.. "Your Silent Face", "Age of Consent"... I also love "The Village" although you couldn't really call it a classic. and of course you can't leave out "Blue Monday" (which I still think is one of the greatest dance songs of all-time in any genre), and "5 8 6" which is almost a copy of "Blue Monday" in itself.
    Grey Area -- the other arron...

Agree? Yes No

Republic finds its way to being my favorite New Order release. Technique takes second place. I haven't listened to Low-Life yet which, apparently others seem to value a fair amount.

Agree? Yes No

Definately Technique
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Lead ElectroGardener Bornslippy's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

Power , corruption and lies and Low Life.
    \"don\'t tell me, don\'t tell me, Depeche Mode right, yeahhh I like his stuff. Keep it up.

Simon Lebon of Duran Duran

IAN CURTIS

Agree? Yes No

REPUBLIC....

Agree? Yes No

I agree, Republic, then either Low LIfe, Get Ready, or Technique.
    \"I\'ve got a bad feeling about this...\"

Agree? Yes No

"low life" by far!!

Thread Information