Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
ELECTROGARDEN.COM | CHAT | Who: []

Thread: who here makes their own music ?

Agree? Yes No

Default who here makes their own music ?

i was just wondering who in this forum makes their own music ?
    and if you do, then what kit do you have ?
    do you use protools, cubase, nuendo, logic, whatever else ??

Agree? Yes No

damn there used to be so many here that would answer that post
    come on people!!!

Agree? Yes No

I'll bite. I still make my own music. :-)

Up until last year, I used MOTU Digital Performer on a Mac G5. Propellerhead's Reason to back it up a bit (mainly for drum tracks), and then a few synths: Novation KS4, Clavia Nord Lead, and a Korg Triton. Mainly the KS4. My fav synth of all time.

But I'm about to ditch it all for an all-software based studio running on a loaded MacBook. Gonna be quite a jump, but I have to do it for space and time reasons. See my other post... I'm still debating what software (beyond Digital Performer and Reason) to get to replace my old hardware synths in software form.

If you're trying to figure out which DAW to buy, in my experience it simply doesn't matter. Cubase and Pro Tools and Logic and DP... they all do the same stuff. It's just a matter of personal preference at the end of the day.

-m
    mark nicholas
    dirtyelectronic.com

Agree? Yes No

Yes. My friend plays guitar for a project of mine. All the electronic stuff is made in FL Studio, which is what I do along with the vox and bass. I'd like to look for a keyboardist eventually.
    You cannot feel the warmth of deviance...Remove the cutting poison and embrace your sweet destiny...

Agree? Yes No

I record demos and concepts of my songs for pre-production. I use my MOTU 828MKII and Desk Audio. Desk Audio is the no frills/no midi version of Digital Performer.
    r4-ds-karte.ch

Agree? Yes No

I make all my own music. I am a synth pop artist called Jon Baz. I only have collaborated with 1 producer for 1 track all of the rest is by me. Production, lyrics, vocals, everything. And I use Cubase. www.JonBaz.com
    Check out my music, would love you to let me know what you think. Cheers.

Thread Information