Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: A fan of The Postal Service...

Icon5 A fan of The Postal Service...

I am a huge fan of The Postal Service and I was introduced to techno music from them. But I can't find anyone who has the same style as them. They are trip-hoppy and indie. Another band I found that is sorta close is .:NRE but he's not too techno.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=17462710

I tried listening to DNTEL, yet I do like some songs. Some of them I just can't stand. But even DNTEL isnt too close to TPS.

Any sugestions?

Thanks.

And I have to mention that Frou Frou is another favorite techno artist of mine.

How about Shiny Toy Guns? Maybe you would like them.

Default ummm.

Thanks for the suggestion. They're pretty kewl! Thank you Trentreant, for actually responding and making new-comers feel welcome.

But um... does no one like the postal service or have not heard of anything like trip hop or glitch techno!? Is the forum dead? Come on a fellow techno listener wants advice to expand his techno music knowledge. HELP!

Come on.

i like some of the postal service just not sure that i would call it techno. its sort of more indie trippy i would say. as far as some other music try "cut copy" i think you may like that if you have not heard of them. there was a thread here about them somewheres.

as for the forum being dead. it is mostly dead.

Blog Entries

That thread is here
    http://www.electrogarden.com/forum/i...opy-t1454.html

Definitely good stuff to try out. You may also want to take a peek at "Blaqk Audio"

http://www.blaqkaudio.com/

Default Ha.

Def wasnt expecting anyone willing to admit that this forum was dead.

Great band, Cut Copy is pretty kewl. Only heard a few songs but looks like what I'm looking for. Thank you!

Blaq Audio is pretty kewl, I've been a huge fan of Davey Havok for awhile so I was trying to branch out, a lot of times he sings way lower than his range and does the 80's sound in Blaq Audio... which I am not a fan of. But its pretty kewl, Its just not as creative as The Postal Service.

Breathe Carolina is a pretty kewl band that I would connect to Blaq Audio. I'm gunna guess they only have a myspace, so check them out there if you want.

depnds on the style, there is a billion and one kinda electro bands out there, look up client or i am x (chris from sneaker pimps,so kl!) for pure techno type stuff dunno, i deal mainly in electro based bands, which is wot i would term TPS as....ladytron r pretty gd and also check out Clor, it has a electro/techno indie feel, listen more than once tho, its v odd at first! lol

wow, i haven't listened to these guys in a good min

Thread Information