Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: age of music fans?

Question age of music fans?

so for music like industrial and synthpop i get the feeling that just about everyone is like in their 30s and older. do the new kids or generation listen to this music which has laready passed its heyday? i guess i would have to start going out to clubs again to see the answer.

From I have seen it appears more likely that it is mostly the people that grew up in the 80's which also seems why the pool of interest is waning away.

Blog Entries

I guess so, I mean I am certainly in that category.

Blog Entries

it all started with the raves
    no more need for good music
    just romp and stomp with
    the flourescent light stix
    uh....... yea thats jon voight

The 80's were the glory days of synthpop of course. Those were my teenage/early 20's days. I think we that are still here are hardcore because there is no money, glory, stardom or anything like that to be motivated by. It's all for the love of the music! It's not trendy and we certainly don't do it to be "cool"!

I'm sure that some of the younger music fans will find their way to this music when they get sick of what they are being spoonfed by the masses.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERIC31 View Post
    The 80's were the glory days of synthpop of course. Those were my teenage/early 20's days. I think we that are still here are hardcore because there is no money, glory, stardom or anything like that to be motivated by. It's all for the love of the music! It's not trendy and we certainly don't do it to be "cool"!

I'm sure that some of the younger music fans will find their way to this music when they get sick of what they are being spoonfed by the masses.
    Maybe there will be this shift at some point, but I am afraid that this has been said before and had not happened yet. The dynamics of what the "masses" will consider their main staple for music is somewhat removed from what good music may actually be, unfortunately.

Right, High School Musical is the new standard I am afraid.
    - No passion so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseInPoint View Post
    Right, High School Musical is the new standard I am afraid.
    What a depressing, sad thought!

Yes it is that way - High School Musical, Hannah Montana and the Jones Brothers. Thats all my young cousins want to hear. I'm in my early 20's and I love industrial and synthpop music and most of my friends do to

Late teens and am quite into it. Btw, what happened to clip sampling? Most of the modern stuff I;ve heard seems to ignore it completely (with the exception of Carbon 12). Skinny Puppy have pretty much strayed away from clip sampling ever since their comeback album. Same goes for FLA.
    You cannot feel the warmth of deviance...Remove the cutting poison and embrace your sweet destiny...

HA, the standard is def not Hannah Montanna and Jonas brothers. Enless you are a middle school age. The main focus of music is at hardcore such as rock hardcore not hardcore techno. Metalcore, emocore, or post-hardcore... Atleast for people who listen to rock music. Rap & country music is def a standard but that kinda goes w/out saying.

I have to say the main reason why the 80's synth music turns me off is because of the vocals. Its just not the popular way to sing anymore, they always have a very monotone low range. I like everything else.

There is a huge trend towards techno music though, such as hardstyle techno. Even hardcore bands are incorporating techno in their music.

myspace.com/entershikari

They're really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCUuEfgqctk
    Here's a video regarding to the stomping comment as far as techno music goes. Two different styles. One is mainly just jumping on the beats, but the check out the shuffle at about 1:25.

But I would have to stress on the vocals, to me they sound draining, all the 80's bands that I have heard from this site have the same style of singing. I am quite sure someone is going to bash on how the bands today sing/scream... its just a different generation.

Jazz had its scat singing.

But Disney Channel only controls middle schoolers... or just girls in general. Disney is taking advantage of the fact that Moms and Dads give their children 20 bucks for the weekends, which they see as their most potential customers.

But I do have to say that Myley Cyrus's song See You Again, follows the formula for any dance song, that Rhinna (singer of the song umbrella) or Brittany Spears would follow. So thats saying that their songs are top quality, just not in creativity, which is why you are never going to hear anything new from those bands.

I do have to say that a main reason why the disney channel bands are so popular is because its marketing. They have the bands acting on the kids shows they have them on school binders, shirts, walmart!!! I can guarantee that producers make their music. They are just figure heads for people to envy over.

Btw, I just graduated from HS and just started college.

Where does everyone live, that might be a major factor also.

Florida, USA for me
    Last edited by green44; August 29th, 2008 at 06:10 PM.

Ha look at that. Jonas Brothers even have a hyper link on this site.

And its a formal writing with the author writing (sic) after someone used slang for because. Awesome.

That is an interesting perspective from someone who just graduated HS. Most of the input here has been from people that are much older. The Disney thing definitely does not seem to get any grip beyond HS ages for sure. College kids and older just go beyond on to something else.

I just get confused by all the genre talk. Guess it would help if I studied the names and listened to a lot more of what may be playing on people's IPods these days.

dont worry guys! there r more of us than u think, just hard to find ppl of a similar interest, specially due to the filthy that enters clubs now-a-days! but i love many forms of electronic based music, its brilliant and u can do so much with it! it just takes time for ppl to search and find stuff their like. the types of music ppl like hear r underground and probs always be, so it takes more effor tthan switching on a radio...shame

Thread Information