Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Is Volume still an issue?

Unregistered

Agree? Yes No

Default Is Volume still an issue?

Volume

Nothing is wrong with raising the volume to draw attention. I do it all the time. It's called yelling. Unfortunately it works, to get attention that is. Everyone is talking about volume when they should be talking about why change is necessary. Anyone who has a computer can get software to write music with. And the market is saturated whit this, Myspace and personal Web pages leading the way. Everyone wants to be heard. One of the problems with this is that because someone thinks he has a drum rhythm going he now has a song that is just a good if not better than yours. Sometimes it is a better song, most of the time it is not. Regardless of which song is better that's your competition. When there are more bands than fans there is less money to make forcing bans to accept that this is just a hobbies mentality and you're just writing for fun and all music should be free. Bands are told that they make money on touring, well this is just not true unless you are Depeche Mode or Metallica. The turnout for many great bands is lessening. This is a sign that change is in the air. Change is a force that feeds off of invention. Who knows where this will lead but the guy who does will probably be the first to make money off of music again.

Blog Entries

Agree? Yes No

volume is an issue for me
    my speakers suck
    i want to hear music louder
    it sounds better louder
    right?
    uh....... yea thats jon voight

Agree? Yes No

its beautiful when pure talent is appreciated by its 'volume' of fans. i don't think there's anything wrong with that...

but when 'volume' describes a lemming-like attraction to what's "trendy" its sad.

at the end of the day it isn't about the number of fans you have, or how many CDs you sell...its about how good your music is and whether it represents your vision. if other people appreciate it, all the better...and if you have the power to broaden your audience..so be it!

i hope change is coming, because i'm sick and tired of the way things are right now.

Thread Information