Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: So what's current?

Agree? Yes No

Default So what's current?

New forum?

Anyway, I guess there are the classics like Ministry, or Skinny Puppy and Throbbing Gristle, or even Nurse with Woulnd (sp?), I think, but who are some of the more well known contemporary bands in this genre?

Blog Entries

Agree? Yes No

Default Re: So what's current?

Originally posted by Trentreant
    New forum?

Anyway, I guess there are the classics like Ministry, or Skinny Puppy and Throbbing Gristle, or even Nurse with Woulnd (sp?), I think, but who are some of the more well known contemporary bands in this genre?
    I certainly would not be an expert on anything current, but I definitely remember Ministry and SP. That whole scene was great for clubs. I mean, back when there were Industrial club nights and things like that.

I suppose these still exist in some places, this stuff is just not mainstream in any way.

Agree? Yes No

I remember Ministry too. My sister listened to them growing up. I have no idea what is out now.

Blog Entries

Agree? Yes No

I looked around real quick, here are some links.

www.skinnypuppy.com
    www.myspace.com/skinnypuppy

www.ministrymusic.org

I think there is alot of stuff out there that is happening now, music is being made by these and other new bands.

Just got to pick and choose what works for ya'.

Agree? Yes No

There are alot of new Industrial Bands around. Well, newer than Skinny Puppy anyway. My favorites are Imperative Reaction and Informatik. They are industrial with a bit of synth as well. I think the best place to look is MySpace. Generally the bands list the other bands that they collaborate with or who inspired them or have them on their friends list so you can click the links and check them out. I have found so much great new stuff that way.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention Metropolis Records. They are the big label for the industrial bands out there that are more mainstream. Check out their site for bios, music samples and new releases. Um, and no, I don't work for them, lol.

Agree? Yes No

yo happiest,
    i have a friend that is really into the harder electro and industrial too. she also gets stuff at metropolis and likes some of the stuff here www.dsbp.cx
    check it.

Thread Information