Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depeche Mode

Blog Entries

Agree? Yes No

Default Depeche Mode

Lets try Depeche Mode.

Agree? Yes No

??? Let's try indeed. LOL

Agree? Yes No

Depeche Mode has been around for quite awhile, right? I remember hearing them back in the late 80-early 90's. It is the same band correct?

Blog Entries

Agree? Yes No

Sure is.

They still have a very loyal following, both original fans from the 80's and new ones from nowa'days.
    ...I sure hope this is the real deal.

Agree? Yes No

YAY! I have found a band that I have heard of!! I like Depeche Mode. Ok off to listen to more music.

Blog Entries

Agree? Yes No

Funny.

This band is one of the few that broke through to the mainstream. I must have 100+ vinyl discs from these guys. Back in the early 80's when some of the their tracks started making it onto the radio, I still remember wearing the DM buttons in HS and feeling cool cause no one knew who that was .

The fact that they are still around making new music now is pretty amazing. Very few bands survive that long.

Blog Entries

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Nautilus
    Funny.

This band is one of the few that broke through to the mainstream. I must have 100+ vinyl discs from these guys. Back in the early 80's when some of the their tracks started making it onto the radio, I still remember wearing the DM buttons in HS and feeling cool cause no one knew who that was .

The fact that they are still around making new music now is pretty amazing. Very few bands survive that long.
    HAHAHA All around the Pretty in Pink time I bet. I got some DM vinyls too, I pull them out sometimes and read the sleeves and look at the pictures.

What is your favorite DM song then?

~V

Blog Entries

Agree? Yes No

Geez. I guess that is true, LOL.

I could not pick a favorite song, but I really like to listen to stuff from Construction Time Again and Violator.

Agree? Yes No

Didn't really understand the topic...If you are asking for a favorite song it's too hard! My fiance proposed during their last concert to Enjoy The Silence so I guess that would have to be it although there are soooo many others with fond memories attached. Depeche Mode has always been my favorite band and always will be!

Agree? Yes No

Well I can certainly vouch for the creativity and production sheen that these guys bring to product. Some of those tracks are produced by pure genius. That certainly helped set the tone for their entire discog. IMO.

Blog Entries

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by happiestgirl3
    Didn't really understand the topic...If you are asking for a favorite song it's too hard! My fiance proposed during their last concert to Enjoy The Silence so I guess that would have to be it although there are soooo many others with fond memories attached. Depeche Mode has always been my favorite band and always will be!
    Hi heppiestgirl3, I started the thread, not on any topic really just anything that comes to mind

But to your comment.
    The memories are certainly there, I mean if you listen to so many albums over so many years it is bound to just become a part of your life.

~V

Agree? Yes No

I just read that Depeche Mode never had a #1 hit, even though they topped the top 40 quite often. Is this really true, I thought they had at least 1 hit?

Blog Entries

Agree? Yes No

A #1 hit? Like on Billboard or whatever, I do not think so. But one or more songs did get up there in the charts I believe. Of course they did fill the Rose Bowl in at least one concert so they definitely have the superstar status.
    ...I sure hope this is the real deal.

Agree? Yes No

Smile

Hi in england depeche mode are mostly totally forgotten by the mainstream although they have a massive goth following all across europe here they are totally unappriciated and still looked upon as weirdo's how do they go down in america are they liked?

Blog Entries

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by seer1
    Hi in england depeche mode are mostly totally forgotten by the mainstream although they have a massive goth following all across europe here they are totally unappriciated and still looked upon as weirdo's how do they go down in america are they liked?
    In US DM have never really been mainstream either, but they do have a huge following that cuts across many more focused groups such as Goths, etc. Just about anyone into electronic music is or has been into some of their stuff at least at some point in their musical journey

Agree? Yes No

Smile

That's cool in england it was a big shock to everyone when they played the rose bowl in pasadena. As no-one really understood why they was so liked in america, while in england most people had'nt even heard of them. Dave gahan can walk around london and no-one even knows who he is.

Blog Entries

Agree? Yes No

That's cool in england it was a big shock to everyone when they played the rose bowl in pasadena. As no-one really understood why they was so liked in america, while in england most people had'nt even heard of them. Dave gahan can walk around london and no-one even knows who he is.
    LOL You're joking, right? I mean maybe not everyone, but my understanding was that they were popular in their home turf first and foremost. Maybe I am mistaken...

Agree? Yes No

That's been my experience everyone loves them in europe and america where they can do endless tours they play ONE show a year in england if were lucky.

Blog Entries

Agree? Yes No

That's been my experience everyone loves them in europe and america where they can do endless tours they play ONE show a year in england if were lucky.
    How about radio play? Are there alot of stations where their stuff is played? In the US you can hear them here and there but definitely not on the mainstream stations.

Agree? Yes No

My local adult alternative station here in Knoxville, TN, WFIV 105.3, has played some DM off their "Playing the Angel" album. But it is very hard to find anyone who plays their current music here. You will hear the occasional track off Violator or the song "People are People" on our 80's station but that's about it.

Thread Information