Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: mesh?

Agree? Yes No

Default mesh?

anybody into these guys? what's your favorite album? i like all of them although i am somewhat partial to in this place forever for some reason. anyway has anyone seen them live what is their show like

Agree? Yes No

Funny

Tonight I dreamt a meat Mesh and that they played me their latest unreleast hitsong "Heart to Heart" (there is no such song, this was a dream). Fortunately my alarm bell rang just as I was giving my input to the guys in the band and I woke up, remembered the chorus and made a quick recording on my cell. So I'm going to steal Mesh "new unreleased hit song"

Who Watches Over Me? may be their best album, maybe In This Place Forever

I've seen them live a couple of time and the guys are quite calm on stage but usually the sound is good and the audience sings along

Cheers Martin
    Swedish synthpop music at http://www.marinasiertis.net

Agree? Yes No

lol thats weird. i agree on the albums though. for me seems that some of the newest stuff is good but not quite as gripping as the first two. not sure why that is. to each his own there is plenty of mesh music for everyone to enjoy.

how about other bands that sound similar? are there any bands out there that sound like mesh? thx.

Agree? Yes No

I have just started to listen to this band and must say that they have some really great music

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by 3plus3
    I have just started to listen to this band and must say that they have some really great music

good to hear what songs did you listen to? not sure what all they have as samples online these days. i think their myspace page has mostly the new stuff from the current album that is out

Agree? Yes No

Over the barricade
    Cigarette

Are two that I found on Myspace. I tried to use Limewire to find some but couldn't find any on there.

Agree? Yes No

yea the myspace stuff is cool but you if you like it you should bounce on up for a cd and enjoy it in full. what is limewire?

Agree? Yes No

Michigan is a Swedish mesh rip off, not fantastic though

Blog Entries

Agree? Yes No

I would say that Michigan is a pretty good band, and not really a Mesh ripoff. Maybe Mesh meets Iris, IMHO.

In either case, for anyone into melodic electro pop that does not mind some guitars, I would recommend this band. I think there is a link to their myspace page in some other recent thread on here.
    ...I sure hope this is the real deal.

Agree? Yes No

I have not heard of this band. How long have they been around?

Agree? Yes No

Over the barricade
    Cigarette

Um..these are NOT mesh tracks! Mesh is fantastic though - do check out all of their albums. And the DVD is comign out soon of their last tour. Check out "We Collide" and "Who Watches Over me?"

The first mesh albums were more gritty and angry than future releases. Although they returned to that after The Point at Which It Falls Apart. That album is their most melodic and synthy. I think I actually like it the least. I may reserve the right to change my mind.. Their recent album "We Collide" is FANTASTIC though - go BUY it! (www.adifferentdrum.com or www.musicnonstop.co.uk)

If you guys want to check out some of my recent mesh pics that I took on the last tour, you can go to my myspace page: www.myspace.com/dingerz. I put quite a few up in my pics area.

Michigan are good, I wouldn't knock them yet. They are young and still have a lot to proove but I'd keep an eye on them. They are quality.

Mesh have been around since 1991. Their first record release was 1996. I got into them in 1997 when I was trading Depeche Mode boots online and my UK friends kept adding these mesh tracks after the DM boots.

Tara

Agree? Yes No

Hi.

nangel78. If you haven't heard Mesh you are really missing out. These guys are, in my opinion, among the abosolutley best ever recorded. I'd gladly give you a tip about which album I think is their best, but I can't. They are all masterpeaces to me. First song I ever heard was "You Didn't Want me" from the album -In This Place Forever- and I fell instantly in love with their music. They have a great talent for melodies and the small details, sounds, layers etc it's so beautiful. Mark do also have a heavenly voice. Really, really good vocalist and songwriter.

Find their officiall website at www.mesh.co.uk

I have never seen this band live, which I regret a lot. But someday will see them live and then I can die happy.

Be careful 'tho. There is an American (I think) guitarrpopband called Mesh too. They suck. Don't go get the wrong one.

Agree? Yes No

yea psychosis
    i could not say it better myself. i also really like mesh and for me it was the very first time that i heard their stuff that i was instantly into it.

Agree? Yes No

Actually michigan isn't bad, I have enjoyed a number of songs by them from their debute album. But they are not fantastic, as Mesh is.

You can listen to their tracks from their first album at

http://www.klicktrack.com/shop/relea...765&tn=1&cp=34

I'm listening to the track (full version) for free right now (not the best bitrate though and the tracks stop from time to time) you will get the idea anyhow.

Karma Shines is recommended. When I listen to them now, they sound more like di/vision

Agree? Yes No

I love Mesh, it's one of my favourite bands ever.

Songs to check out:

Confined
    Firefly
    I can't imagine how it hurts
    Friends like these
    Safe with me

And if you like Mesh, check out Iris aswell.

/Christina

Thread Information