Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Award for best....

Agree? Yes No

Default Award for best....

Award ceremonies good or bad? Over in england we have the Brit awards and in the good ole united states of (A) they have the grammys.
    Also there is the kerrang awards does anyone think that there should be an electro award for synth-based music? Or are they all just a steaming pile of back-slapping sycophants.

Blog Entries

Agree? Yes No

Default I'm thinking.

Do you mean a new award category like 'Best New Electronic Music Artist' or similar in one of the ceremonies that you mentioned?

I think that pop music is already so "Electronic" that it would not make much sense for them to distinguish it that way, and the pop audience does not really "get" the rest of the synth/electro stuff that many of us listen to and it is all underneath their radar to begin with. Now, if they had something like "Best New Unsigned Artist" in those major shows then that would be something to see...

Agree? Yes No

Default The award for best...

The real question is whether they are a legitimate forms of judging music to be the 'best' or are they just a showcase for the most hyped up and advertised artists,that are already established? Hopefully with things like my space and you tube the normal routes of marketing ie magazines tv radio for corporate artists should become more irrlevent and redundent,which can only be a good thing.

Blog Entries

Agree? Yes No

Default IMHO

I think that these award shows have little to do what is "best", and are affected mostly by how well their business models and investment by their labels' drove these artists to either more or less sales/success than others. And really not all of the artists are crappy, but so many are that it is rather disappointing.

So your second option is really more the case, imho.

Thread Information