"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they pass by." - Douglas Adams

It's been an insanely busy few months here at Null Device Media Industries.

First off, thanks to everyone who came to see us at Black Sun II and ADD Fest 2k6. We had a blast at both fests, and it was great to meet people who up until now we'd only known of through the rumours on the internets.

And...okay, yeah, Excursions is way behind schedule. But we have our reasons. There's just a ton of stuff going on for this album - spanish guitars, backup singers, percussionists, string ensembles...merely scheduling this stuff is crazy difficult. It's shaping up to be a doozy of an album, thought - one that will either propel us to international megastardom or alienate everyone we've ever met. From the angular nordic break-pop of "You're Not That Charming" to the bhangra-hop of "Triangular" and many things in between, we're not being shy about trying new things.

Our fearless guitar hero, Dan Clark, just got back from two monster tours as part of Stromkern, on the road with Front Line Assembly. So the guy all you europeans saw playing the guitar behind his head? Yeah, he's one of ours. He also just bought a house. I don't know when this guy sleeps.

We've got two shows coming up, both in Madison as we've all used up our vacation time for travel. October 25th at the High Noon Saloon as part of the Halloween celebration kickoff, and then on october 27th at Cafe Montmartre, where we'll be doing a special acoustic set.

I'm trying to keep the ND blog up-to-date, and so far, it's working. http://blog.nulldeivce.com, also mirrored on our MySpace page.

Uh, yeah, MySpace. I'm trying to keep that up-to-date as well. I'll probably be posting a new track there soon. Our videos are all uploaded too (even though we haven't made a new video since 2003). Now, if only Myspace's UI didn't suck so badly...and the site didn't crash when you clicked on a link...and it responded in a timely manner...and it didn't break a number of html rules...and...

Also, big plugs to our cohorts - Stochastic Theory's new album "Opposite Extremes" drops on october 10th, and I've had the privilege to listen to it in advance. It's pretty awesome. Also, The Gothsicles "NESferatu" is out, and it's a masterpiece of 8-bit comedy-EBM (it's co-produced by Dan, and I did guest vocals on the track "Hey, I've Got That Font"). Also, Madison's own powernoise/crazy-stypid band "Caustic" is playing 5 opening slots for KMFDM. How cool is that?