Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Blaq Audio

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Blaq Audio

HAs anyone tried this band out.

www.blaqkaudio.com

I just went over to their site and listened to a few samples. SOunds like and one meets i am x or something maybe I am nuts. Anyone else have an opinion?

i have and like it
    not as good as mesh or anything like that but there is a nice sound to it but for me i had to listen several times to get used to the guys voice
    otherwise i dig it

Blog Entries

I checked them out a while ago, and overall my impressions are positive. I may even buy something from them if I spend some more time streaming their samples. I need time to get into the actual songs of any band but the quality seems very decent.

I loving it...I've been down with AFI since 1995, and it's really nice to finally see Davey branching out to his roots and doing a little bit of that synthy stuff
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 7red7 View Post
    I loving it...I've been down with AFI since 1995, and it's really nice to finally see Davey branching out to his roots and doing a little bit of that synthy stuff
    What is AFI? Maybe I am dumb for asking but can't seem to think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    What is AFI? Maybe I am dumb for asking but can't seem to think of it.

A Fire Inside...It's Davey and Jade's primary band...They used to be a hardcore punk outfit that The Offspring discovered and signed to their own Nitro Records back in 1994...They have been fairly hardcore in their sound up until their last two albums...They have mellowed their sound and glammed it up a lot more, but overall they have always put out decent records to me

The thing I really like about the concept of Blaqk Audio is that they have the opportunity and ability to open up a whole world of music for the average punk/emo kid out there...There are so many people out there getting exposed to synth and ebm styled music and really liking it because they enjoy the BA stuff and want to see what else is out there...
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Quote Originally Posted by 7red7 View Post
    The thing I really like about the concept of Blaqk Audio is that they have the opportunity and ability to open up a whole world of music for the average punk/emo kid out there...There are so many people out there getting exposed to synth and ebm styled music and really liking it because they enjoy the BA stuff and want to see what else is out there...
    You know, I've said the same thing and had the same hopes a few times over the past nineteen years. I remember when Nine Inch Nails started breaking a few years after the initial release of Pretty Hate Machine and thought, "...they have the opportunity and ability to open up a whole world of music for the average..." and they did; as did Ministry. The underground "synth" (I'm using that as an umbrella term here) scene slowly came to the surface and taught the music industry some new tricks.

I didn't care for Blaqk Audio at first, admittedly because I didn't want to for some reason that seems really lame and stupid now. I didn't want to like what the Goth/Emo Mall crawlers were listening to or something like that (hey at least I can admit it). I quite like them now, but again I think there are better bands out there that do the sound they're doing better and I hope they open the door for those other artists. These artists (in my opinion) are Imperative Reaction, System Syn and ummm, crap, I can't think of the other now; but you get the idea. Oh yeah...Apoptygma Berzerk. All those bands could be marketed along side Blaqk Audio and do quite well.

Um so yeah in short. I like Blaqk Audio and I'd like to see a Blaqk Audio/Imperative Reaction tour.

Blog Entries

I have to chime in and agree. Great songs, here is an example.

...I sure hope this is the real deal.

Yeah, I felt the same way about Evanscence -- was hoping it would open the way to bands like The Gathering, Tapping the Vein, Lacuna Coil, etc., all of whom I like better. Alas, people hear things differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk View Post
    Yeah, I felt the same way about Evanscence -- was hoping it would open the way to bands like The Gathering, Tapping the Vein, Lacuna Coil, etc., all of whom I like better. Alas, people hear things differently.
    No. They should hear things how I want them to hear them. I mean, it would make for a much more happy and pleasant me. Ha. I'm kidding or course...kind of.

Blog Entries

I have been listening to this more lately and it can definitely grow on you with more spins. Some tracks that I was not all that into at the first listen or so have gotten better too

Thread Information