Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what cds have you bought this year

Agree? Yes No

Question what cds have you bought this year

i had not bought too many recently and usually get stuff from itunes. do people still buy cds

mesh - we collide
    lavantgarde - inside out

Agree? Yes No

this year like since 06?

Ceschi-They Hate Fransico False (its like if paul mccartney made a hip hop lp...ok fine i didnt buy this one it was given to me free, but i would have bought it)

Nathan Nice-Aint Nathan Nice (nice lazy hip hop)

Ivan Ives-Deux Ex Machina (self-loathing sociopathic hip hop that sounds like it would be on the radio in a town full of white kids)

Ape 9-Smile Now, cry Later (excellent krunk hip hop/german hip hop collab stuff)

T.A.P-The Anything People (dark moody synthed-out hip hop)

Project Pitchfork- Kascade (pretty good, but not the best of their work imo)

...there is more but i cant recall at the moment.
    the music will blind you

Agree? Yes No

too many to list, that's for damn sure

Agree? Yes No

Covenant -- Skyshaper (limited edition)
    De/Vision -- Subkutan
    !distain -- REMIXed
    In Strict Confidence -- Exil Paradise (three disc version)
    Panzer Ag -- Your World Is Burning
    Rotersand -- Dare To Live - Perspectives on Welcome to Goodbye (though not really a studio album)
    Richard Butler -- Richard Butler
    Erasure -- Union Street
    Morrissey -- Ringleader of the Tormentors

My next purchase will be the new album by the Pet Shop Boys. I'm looking forward to the new albums to be released this year by And One and Camouflage and hopefully by Backlash, Beborn Beton, and Haujobb.

Agree? Yes No

Waaaaaay too many here. Lets see what I can pull off the top of my head:

Synth:

Michigan, Mesh, Apoptygma Berzerk

Non-synth: The Rakes (by far my favourite CD of the year!!!), The Hourly Radio (my other favourite!!!), Editors, Faktion, Miranda Lambert, Echo & The Bunnymen, The Church, We Are Scientists, Naked Eyes, lovespiralsdownwards, Slowdive, The Ark, Carrie Underwood (yeah, shut up), Ciara (shut up), The Departure, The Delays (my second favourite of the year!!!), XRayOk, 30 Seconds to Mars, Radio4, Placebo.... and many many others......

<3kng

Still waiting on Code64 and I need to get the !distain remix CD......

Agree? Yes No

Way too many to list, but my taste of music only matches to few people here and I don't feel typing in 3 pages. There are so many wonderful stuff out there if a person investigate and don't follow what popular magazines say. The life is too short to listen to boring ass music.
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

Agree? Yes No

Not nearly so much as I've wanted to, because of budgetary constraints.

Of the few I have picked up, my fave so far is Provision's The Consequence. Others include The Dignity Of Labour and a small treasure trove from joel_sgx's "inventory clearance" sale earlier this year.

I still prefer getting CDs and making my own high-bitrate files rather than iTunes and other download sites.

Krystalwrists: There's nothing intrinsically wrong with liking a "mainstream" artist, so I can understand your choices of Carrie Underwood and Ciara. Now if you had said Kelis, I would've put up an argument. :P
    Edgar / RE:Active
    http://www.dxtcmusic.com

Agree? Yes No

i can tell a story about a cd that i bought that i shouldn't have.

i was kinda drunk and i went into the store and i saw a cd that i thought said FIGURINE and i got kinda excited because i like Figurine and i didn't hear about a new album coming out. well i get home and pass out and wake up the next morning and look at the cd and it says FIGURINES and it's some bullshit band that sucks ass. i had already opened it so i couldn't return it.

sucked

Agree? Yes No

id never buy or admit to buying some of the stuff in the last few threads ..
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by dxtc

Of the few I have picked up, my fave so far is Provision's The Consequence.
    I was wondering what is your relationship with the band? Are you their relative, family, or friend?
    www.myspace.com/pswk

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

- Charles Baudelaire

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by pop

I was wondering what is your relationship with the band? Are you their relative, family, or friend?

lover?
    this is the new s**t

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by pop

Originally posted by Kirlian Blue

lover?
    Ha ha HAAAAA....

Nah. I'm really a fan more than anything else, although I would consider it an honor to be known as their friend. I saw the band during their Visualize tour, and was really impressed by their stage show and their friendly offstage demeanor. I've kept in touch with Breye and the other members via emails and forum postings ever since.

I don't claim to be the #1 Provision fan; I must defer that title to 7red7. However, I regularly post to both the Section 44 Records' Provision forum and their Yahoo group, and I try to help get more exposure for them when I can.
    Edgar / RE:Active
    http://www.dxtcmusic.com

Agree? Yes No

That is very strange. I don't feel the logic, because it isn't logical. however, more power to you if you feel that way.
    www.myspace.com/pswk

- Pablo Picasso

- Charles Baudelaire

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by joel_sgx

i was kinda drunk and i went into the store and i saw a cd that i thought said FIGURINE and i got kinda excited because i like Figurine and i didn't hear about a new album coming out. well i get home and pass out and wake up the next morning and look at the cd and it says FIGURINES and it's some bullshit band that sucks ass. i had already opened it so i couldn't return it.

sucked
    Don't drink and shop... For music or DVDs anyway ;-)

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Efreak

Don't drink and shop... For music or DVDs anyway ;-)
    Yeah.... thats what he gets, though! Hah!

Agree? Yes No

people on this forum need to get out more...and stop buying terrible electronic music..
    this is the new s**t

Agree? Yes No

i drink and shop all the time.

and kirlian needs to stop posting on these forums because he hates farmpop. we should change the url to this forum to www.farmpop.com/forums

and section 44 we can change to www.farmpopv2.com/forums

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Kirlian Blue
    people on this forum need to get out more...and stop buying terrible electronic music..
    I *heart* you. :-)

Agree? Yes No

Well, dang I didn't realize that someone turned the lights back on in this forum. Last I heard the place was shuttered and everyone scattered. Just blind luck that I found my way back. Even my old login seems to work just fine.

Maybe I just can't take a hint?

My buying is a bit down this year but the wish list grows increasingly long. My 2006 release purchases looks heavy on the indie:

Gary Numan
    TV On The Radio
    Thom Yorke
    Pete Yorn
    The Walkmen
    Pretty Girls Make Graves
    Sparks
    Viva Voce
    She Wants Revenge
    Built To Spill
    Sound Team
    Action Action (wow is this bad!)
    Hard Fi
    Snow Patrol
    The Grates
    CSS
    Calexico
    Paul Simon/Eno
    Electric Six (really disappointing)
    Kissing the Pink (hooray- worth the wait!)
    Morrissey
    The Black Angels
    Apoptygma Berzerk
    The Long Winters
    The Dears
    The Appleseed Cast
    The Album Leaf
    Now It's Overhead

-and- the two best albums I've heard this year:
    Wovenhand-Mosaic
    Electric President - s/t

Really need to grab Covenant and De/Vision for sure. Now that I can visit this site I'll see what else is sounding good.

Regards,
    jc

Agree? Yes No

this year? too much stuff list... here what was added in the last 4-5 months only... yeah, I still buy many stuff each month. ;P

::::CD::::

A-ha "Analogue" CD
    The Alpha Conspiracy "Cipher" CD
    Alphaville "Vienna 2002" 2CDR
    Apoptygma Berzerk "7" CD
    Apoptygma Berzerk "In This Together" CD5
    B!Machine "Infinity Plus" CD
    Backstreet Boys "Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely" CD5
    B!Machine "Alternates and Remixes" CD
    Brave New World "Groove Thing" CD BR PRESS
    Children Within "Sea Of Life" CD
    Decoy "Redux - heartwerk v2 LE" CD
    Depeche Mode "See You" CD5
    Depeche Mode "People Are People" CD5
    The Dignity of Labour "Tired Hands" CD
    The Dignity of Labour "Belief" CD
    The Dignity of Labour "The Dignity of Labour" L2CD
    !distain "Synthphony REMIXed" CD
    Double You "Dance Anymore" CD5
    Droom "The Voice Of Ghosts" CD
    Erasure "Nightbird" CD
    Green Court w/ De/vision "Take (My Breath Away)" CD5
    Green Court w/ De/vision "Take (My Breath Away) Remixes" CD5
    Information Society "Hits" CD
    Iris "Wrath" CD
    Lifelong Corporation "Lifelong And Prosper" CD3
    Kurt Maloo "The Captain Of Her Heart" CD5
    LOWE "Tenant" LIMITED EDITION 2CD
    LOWE "Simplicity" CD5
    Merge "Lost Heroes" CD
    Mesh "We Collide" LIMITED CD/DVD
    Mesh "Crash" CD5
    Mind Side Out "Synergy" CD
    The Mission "Breathe Me In" LCD5
    Neuroactive "N-GIN" CD
    Pet Shop Boys "Fundamental" CD
    Pseudocipher "Fragments Of Empathy" CD
    Simple Minds "Black & White 050505" CD
    Stevie B "This Time" CD
    Stevie B "You Are The One" MCD5
    Syrian "Kosmonauta / European Edition" CD
    U-N-I "Korruption" CD
    Univaque "Nothing Can Be Saved" CD5
    VNV Nation "Praise The Fallen" CD
    VNV Nation "Burning Empires" L2CD
    VNV Nation "Future Perfect" CD
    When In Rome "When In Rome II" CD
    When In Rome "The Promise 2006" CD5
    Various Artists "Cerla MegaMix" CDR

:::VD::::

A-ha "Live Frognerparken" DVD
    Information Society "You Are A Product - Live 1992" DVD
    Erasure "Greatest Hits Live" DVD
    Linkin Park "Conspiracy Theory" DVD
    The Mission "Waves Upon The Sand & Cruzade" DVD
    The Mission "Live in Brasil - Rio de Janeiro 1988 Canecão" DVD
    The Mission "Live in Brasil - São Paulo 2000" DVD
    Stevie B "Live In Concert" DVD
    U2 "Uma Jornada Inesquecível" DVD
    U2 "Live in São Paulo 2006" DVD
    Violators "Live at DDK 2005" DVD
    Various Artists "Anos 80 - Multishow Ao Vivo" DVD

Originally posted by joel_sgx
    happenned TWICE!!! but the band's name was the SAME!!!

first time was when I went to Miami and went to a small store and found a CD from Secret Society!!! I become very happy because I even know that exist a CD by them on that time and bought imediatly! I can't listen to any CDs until comeback to Brasil, and I bought 90 CDs during this travel!!!! All never were released here in Brasil, almost of them until now.

So this one was one of the first CDs that I listen when I arrived at home and what was that? was a 5 tracks instrumental fast techno hardcore... so I start to read the little info on the covers and was a band from Germany, not the Secret Society band from Miami...

Later I discover that exist a 3rd Secret Society, is a gay band from UK!!!

the other time was via internet, I knew that Angel-X (vocalist from Enigma) released a CD few years ago, so I start to searching over internet until one day I found! Bought! and was nothing like I want, was a heavy metal band, this isn't the Angel-X solo CD (which I never found until today)...

good that I sold both to friends that like that type of music.

I almost bought wrong stuff by Index too, have another band from Germany under the same name... but I like the Canadian band. :P

Thread Information