Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: board's dead...

Agree? Yes No

i love you for this!

ps- where are the undead boards?

Originally posted by pop
    Here is a problem with current so called, goth/ebm/industrial/futurepop scene....
    They sound way too formulated and can't think outside the box. Why so many people have moved to the Indie Electronica is even these bands don't sound amazing, they always think outside the box. Thinking outside the box feels nice. I will give a movie example... Indie Electronica feels like Hero who doesn't always get the girl. He might die at the end. The plot isn't generic. I might get a suprise ending.

too many futurepop bands....
    1) use the arp... especially access virus.
    2) male singer who sings in one note
    3) no emotions
    4) no groove at all... please don't forget the early 90s. still applies today. it was a groove era. think techno, house, britpop, and madchester.
    5) copy/paste midi feel. if you heard one band, most likely you are going to know the rest.

synthpop
    1) DM and Erasure as the Bible for inspiration. Why not other great Synthpop bands of the past?
    2) can't think outside the box for image, lyrics, and sounds.
    3) learn to use the damn drum machine. their idols DM use it very well... how come drum has no feel.
    4) it feels like a sissy robot music. play with velocity, feel, and dynamics. STOP COPY PASTE 8 bars into everything!!! Good robot music is something like Daft Punk.

EBM
    1) NO MORE BLADE RUNNER SAMPLES
    2) You don't always have to use the damn distortion. Clean can feel sexy.
    3) You don't always have to so damn dark.

Industrial
    1) Don't use the name, Industrial if you don't know what it means
    the name got tainted by EBM and Futurepop bands. Ant-Zen is industrial, not these other labels.

However, the pioneers of these types of music are still staying strong. They invented these types of music, so they can take it anyway they want and others keep on copying them without mixing it up with other things. That is why it never changes. People don't take risks.
    \"Insincerity is merely a method by which we can multiply our personalities.\"

Agree? Yes No

Efreak...hey there tiger...yeah, i'm an absent EGNer...

just been really busy with my livejournal and the book i'm working on...i get neglectful...

great to see ya though...
    ...the revolution will be synthesized...

Agree? Yes No

One of the reasons that the boards are dead is that the lay-out is less organized. Previously we had seperate forums for Depeche Mode, Mesh, New Order, pet Shop Boys, etc. Now its generalized into one chaotic mess.

Agree? Yes No

The general overall opinion was that people liked the condensed format better. I could go either way, but since the well-known bands have forums of their own on their websites I can see how it would be considered repetitive to have band forums here. It also prevents the "why doesn't [insert band name] have a forum here" stuff.

I like it here, but think the boards are dead because the people who used to be regulars here a couple years ago have gone on to other things in their lives in the time that this site was offline, and there hasn't been much in the scene to discuss lately to bring in new people.
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

If you brought *more* people on, this board would grow. You just need some sort of advertising to get people back. I was a member but I never got a come back e-mail. My friend did but not me and I posted way more than her by 200%!

So not everyone knows this board is here.

Tara

Agree? Yes No

I'm still here, but it is sad when you miss a few days and still find "0 new threads and 0 new comments". Now at least everyone else will have "1 new comments"

I also haunt the Side-Line forums, but I am curious where everyone has gone...
    A04 of SoundMine, self-proclaimed electromilitant

Agree? Yes No

Haven't been here for a while, and you know why?

I worked as hell in the election campain here in Sweden. And you know what? We won. We have a new government. And soon, a new prime minister! MY MAN.

Wohooooo!

Agree? Yes No

Is this what I'm coming back to? Awesome. ;-)
    ------------------------------
    www.myspace.com/noirtech
    ------------------------------

Agree? Yes No

I equate the board being a little quiet these days to people just not being around anymore...Not just here on the forums of course, but in real life...Kathy is right, people have probably moved on with their lives and onto other things...I can safely say that in the past two years alone have been some of the strangest I've experienced and brought many changes to my life...

Hopefully the word will continue to get out that the EGN is back and some of us old farts are still here shooting the breeze and welcoming anyone who wants to join us
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

true that......I dont know how much longer I be hanging out these forums before I too move on with my life......after all, times change and people do too. They get married, have kids, career's etc.....and worst of all get old
    Shervin

Agree? Yes No

Let us die young or let us live forever.

Agree? Yes No

I had no idea the board was even back from the dead. Never really did quite latch on at any of the other sites so I kept up with my indiehipsterelitistsnob friends and kind of did the synthpop thing on my own. Heck I even found a lad on the Sloth boards from the same city. PM'd him and never heard a word back. Dunno, seemed weird.

Hell, I didn't even realize that Modessey finally got around to releasing an album so I guess I didn't do to well on my own afterall.

Regards,
    jc

Agree? Yes No

this site looks soooo freakin appealing though.. It shouldn't be dead long .
    \"the sun is always hiding behind the clouds, stay connected\"

Agree? Yes No

IMHO, EGN died when they decided to shut this place down. People moved on to other boards, lost interest in the music, changed...

If this place is to get back to the place it was a few years ago, they would really have to start pretty much from scratch because the "old school" posters aren't going to come back on a regular basis anymore. Having the whole condensed format where all electronic music is lumped into one didn't help either...but it probably wasn't such a big deal because people weren't posting anyway.

It's kind of sad to come back once a month and see a handful of threads active.

Agree? Yes No

It is sad to see this boards like this...I still check in a few times a week, but there's never anything new to talk about...Well okay at least there isn't for me really...I wish some of my favorite bands would hurry up and release something so I can spout off about it
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Weird. All these other members are where now?
    I think I need to go read some older threads to catch up or something. LOL

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Trentreant
    Weird. All these other members are where now?
    I think I need to go read some older threads to catch up or something. LOL
    shhhhhhh.
    someone might hear you
    go and read up there is some funked up crap on here in some threads lol

Agree? Yes No

Wow, been a long time since I've popped in here. I can't believe all of you are still kicking around here! Some familiar faces. Anyway, not that anyone gives a poop but I've been busy with this: http://www.samplebase.com

This is the project that I've been working on for the past 3 1/2 years of my life! Agh, you gotta love start-up's. No time for making Monolithic music anymore. I'm dying to finish the tracks that I started though. *sigh* Some day, right?

Speaking of "old farts" hehe, I have 5 kids now! Yes, I'm trying to populate the earth faster than the muslim's OK?

Great to see everyone, it's all a bit surreal...I miss the "synthcon" crew. Good times, good times...right Erick?
    Midihead/Monolithic
    midihead.com

Agree? Yes No

nice site Mike! I'll start downloading right now!

Agree? Yes No

Well, I think part of the reason I have been away, is that there has been a lot of personal turmoil in my life. In between trying to get my album released, my wife and I have had to endure family problems, shifting house twice ... not to mention the studio having been in pieces, and currently in a flea infested basement that I dare not go near ...

But things are looking up. The Synthetik FM album is now on Itunes thanks to Ninthwave Records, and Synthpopalooza Radio is coming back! And I even discovered a cool new band called Northern Kind from Sheffield, UK. I am feeling the buzz again ...

Thread Information