Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: board's dead...

Agree? Yes No

Default board's dead...

i guess the saying is right, "you can never go home again..."

Agree? Yes No

Del: You play with your balls a lot.
    Neal: I do NOT play with my balls.
    Del: Larry Bird doesn't do as much ball-handling in one night as you do in an hour!
    Neal: Are you trying to start a fight?
    Del: No. I'm simply stating a fact. That's all. You fidget with your nuts a lot.
    Neal: You know what'd make me happy?
    Del: Another couple of balls, and an extra set of fingers?
    \"I\'m just an ordinary man
    With extraordinary hands
    I don\'t want to hear your answers
    I don\'t have the big plan\"

Agree? Yes No

yea... least these bands on the board are still click their own music. one new topic a day, but we get that much listening streams?

hmm...

P.S. the red car was never really red.
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

Agree? Yes No

yea, sounds kinda odd, maybe they're pointing some dns at it, i had www.dominoeffect.com pointing to it, but changed that last week...

Agree? Yes No

you should make sure they have to login to stream and log their ips. you know how these charts are... the most of people in these bands are also very good webmasters. they know how to do things.
    why did you point the chart to your domain?
    www.myspace.com/pswk

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

- Charles Baudelaire

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

Agree? Yes No

i'm not sure who runs this site, i'm just glad it's not me, lol. Last I knew it was Sergi from Gebrache-Musik, my guess it still his. I had the domain point to my "artist page", but then decieded to point it at my harpermusic.net site instead. I was actually gonna delete my page but can't find it in the options, ugh...

Agree? Yes No

well... i think most people know by now charts on the net is a total B.S. if people aren't willing to pay a $ per song, it isn't a good method. that is why itune electronica chart is a better way to find out what the hell is going in the music scene. look at myspace chart, few unsigned bands get 5,000 plays a day. if this was a real life, they would have been grabbed in few days. in the begining of mp3.com days, it wasn't clear how things were working, but i think most people know how these charts work. also, major labels abuse it more. they have more ip address to work with.
    www.myspace.com/pswk

- Pablo Picasso

- Charles Baudelaire

Agree? Yes No

It really doesn't matter Noone posts because there are other boards people prefer to hang out at. Bands put their music here in hopes to get fans, not to rig a chart, well maybe some bands, if I get a single fan out of it then it was worth the effort. As for working the charts, it doesn't take much to get on them, trust me, 1 play can get you moving.
    Brand New Idol
    Listen to our music - Click Here
    http://www.brandnewidol.com
    http://www.mp3.com/brandnewidol (R.I.P.)
    http://www.nysynthpop.com

Agree? Yes No

who cares...
    i blocked the entire url for the chart from the firewall. it is just depressing to watch when you visit this site. it is also embarassing when strangers who don't understand synthpop will assume all kinds of wrong assmptions of what synthpop supposed to sound like. If bands like Devision and Depeche Mode (I am not a fan of both), what is the point? Who heard of these bands on the chart?

I just block.
    http://www.electrogarden.com/music/*
    www.myspace.com/pswk

- Pablo Picasso

- Charles Baudelaire

Agree? Yes No

I think the board is dead due to the shear fact that we all have ran out of things to say and to fight over.. When you think about it, before EGN went down "General" was full of BSing and fighting. Anyone remember the "Picture picture" thread? [i think that's what it was called]... Damn thing went to 40something pages just because of a fight!

Not only have we run out of things to say, but i believe most of us are pre-occupied with life and other things to really actively come on here, sit down, and come up with *something*.
    When a artist paints, they dip their brush in their soul, and with that they can paint life with all its vivid colors and aspects.

Agree? Yes No

yea, it already has 199 views already...
    people love to complain when things are about them. it is internet. welcome to the ME generation.

be honest with you, i think charts scare away people. it shouldn't be on the front page, you don't want to come off as mp3.com. it will attract less listeners, but more bands. that is just my opinion if i was running this site.
    www.myspace.com/pswk

- Pablo Picasso

- Charles Baudelaire

Agree? Yes No

i agree and what does the chart actually say? it says 10 people like a band, wow, yay...get rid of it...

Agree? Yes No

It only shows delusions from one side, which is listeners, not from the band. It only causes more harm.
    www.myspace.com/pswk

- Pablo Picasso

- Charles Baudelaire

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by intervox
    i agree and what does the chart actually say? it says 10 people like a band, wow, yay...get rid of it...
    Maybe those 10 votes puts a smile on the artists face. With all the crap that we deal with on a daily basis in this world, that little smile is priceless. Sure, it's not going to make them a star but at least, for an instant, they were happy.

Agree? Yes No

Like I said before, this chart is a quickest way to find out how unprofessional and small music for this crowd is. GET RID of it. If not, do not show numbers, charts, level, positions, it is embarassing. If it takes 20 listeners in one day to get to #1, it is embarassing!!! This requires less effort than a H.S. band competition.
    www.myspace.com/pswk

- Pablo Picasso

- Charles Baudelaire

Agree? Yes No

the board is dead cause the music is kinda dead too. We all have beaten to death every other topic a few hundred times already....how many times can we start a topic about Depeche Mode and how they are with or without Alan Wilder???

I am sure if I start it....things will start up again :P

anyways....section 44 gets much more traffic lately.
    Shervin

Agree? Yes No

what the ...hell?
    the music will blind you

Agree? Yes No

Artists on this scene would not have to deal with Crap if they were willing to face reality. Your not going to sell more than a 1000+ unless your Covenant. Your not going to get any credibility outside of these boards and your not going to have a young following.

If you want to sell a 1000+ start looking at why other genres are succesffull and normally becuase they sell sex/shock and have a powerfull sound/ heavy bass rift and clever programming and multiple hooks...

The People ruining this subgenre are those who say each band is marvelous and ar**lick 24/7. Some are so f**king dreadfull its unreal . The bad stuff gives the good stuff a bad name so no one bothers to find it and genrally assume the whole sub genres sh*T.. Labels are just as guilty for releasing such crap.

People here spend more time advertisng their equipment ( you cna have all the top equipment and still sound shit, originality cna not be bought in a keyboard store) list than themselves.. If they spent a bit more on image and had some image savvy..people would not laugh at them. Modern Synthpop is the only Product in the world with no Brand Idenity apart from labels which brings apon itself by allowing Nerds to hype their music up..
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by synth-master
    the board is dead cause the music is kinda dead too. We all have beaten to death every other topic a few hundred times already....how many times can we start a topic about Depeche Mode and how they are with or without Alan Wilder???

I am sure if I start it....things will start up again :P

anyways....section 44 gets much more traffic lately.
    yea, but I boycott that board due to personal reasons, lol...

Agree? Yes No

who cares about that board. the back pattings among musicians have moved there. thank god. if a person is a musician, you got two choices. either improve or quit. please "lie to me" isn't a good choice. back pattings are a good way to move into a delusion of wasting tons of valuable time from your life. these days, you have to be really good to even push 2500 units which won't even cover few months of rent. of course, there are middle age people who like to back pat each other of what if we made it... they already bought their homes, nice cars, and burning few thousand dollars for duplications mean nothing to them. i don't know. i always say the music is one of the easiest thing to start , but hardest to master. many bands got a long way to go to master their skils. most cds i bought here in the past proved my point. i think too many people have too much disaposal income to constantly release cds no one wants. You have to get everything right to just to sell 1000 units. everybody knows number some bands claimed in the past are pretty much a bullshit, because some of the famous and popular bands we admire's sales information is a public information, so we know a garage band isn't really kicking that person's ass. i agree with kb's statement about boy band attitude doesn't sell for 30 year old man. if you aren't 13, please lose that image. today's kids start having sex at 13, but they really don't want to sleep with 30 year old rock or pop stars, so wake up. go sell your skills that means your work has to be top notch (your 120%) and the most innovative concept of skills have to come out of your recording to impress today's kids. if you are still using, "i walked down the street and i noticed her" songs, they better be freaking good or lots of money has to be poured to your marketing. it is just better and easier to say, you have to sound lot better than now. that's why you have to polish your skills all the time, before rushing out to the public with your cheap made shoes.
    www.myspace.com/pswk

- Pablo Picasso

- Charles Baudelaire

Thread Information