Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: any fans or all artists

Agree? Yes No

Question any fans or all artists

now that i have been trying to make my own music and lurking on some of the sites around reading topics and so forth i think it looks like there are mainly artists around and not really any fans or at least very few. With all the new tools and such and everyone can make something and post it online it seems that there is just people that make the music and little or no fans in the traditional sense and in many places online the artists just take shots at each other and there is little true fan presense. dunno maybe it just seems that way.

Agree? Yes No

You just described this board to a T, lol...

Agree? Yes No

little fans because maybe when new synthpop artist puts out a record, they don't perform live to promote it.. I'm thinking that this is because a lot of the musos are full time workers.. Is this accurate?

l.o.l at Intervox(still waiting for my shirt mannnn, I want it in BLack XL)..
    \"the sun is always hiding behind the clouds, stay connected\"

Agree? Yes No

I'm about 96% fan, 4% artist. My music efforts have a loooooong way to go before they'll be of comparable quality to some of you. Until then, I'm primarily a fan.

Mpresev has it right in my case... I have a full-time job, so even if my performing chops were up to par, it would be difficult to set up gigs to promote any release. A doff of the proverbial hat to those of you who do so.
    Edgar / RE:Active
    http://www.dxtcmusic.com

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by intervox
    You just described this board to a T, lol...
    yea? almost every board that i had visited and spent some time in seems to be that way. places like side-line and electromancer or vampire freaks which seems to have more real people than other sites by shear numbers or others where its just too many artists or people pimping their site or label or whatever and then putting each other down for too much pimping or just for any reason. i guess that if the artists are the fans there and it just seems weird. its like artists are promoting themselves to other artists. and as a side note i just read on electromancer that they are shutting down their website. anyone use that site to host their music? i suppose my question could be if there is any sort of a realistic fan base to electronic music or is it just hundreds of artists and their friends. i am sure there is no short answer to that question and is further complecated by types of music.

Agree? Yes No

Default Re: any fans or all artists

Originally posted by Duhb
    now that i have been trying to make my own music and lurking on some of the sites around reading topics and so forth i think it looks like there are mainly artists around and not really any fans or at least very few. With all the new tools and such and everyone can make something and post it online it seems that there is just people that make the music and little or no fans in the traditional sense and in many places online the artists just take shots at each other and there is little true fan presense. dunno maybe it just seems that way.
    It is damn pirated copies of Fruity Loops and Acid. Those program should be banned from existence. I started programming 20 years ago. Anybody can download the technology made way too many bad bands.

Also, it is hard to make famous Electronic artists in America, because bars don't support that type of music and club promoters are usually snobs.
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

Agree? Yes No

im all fan, baby! i leave the music making to the experts.
    \"Insincerity is merely a method by which we can multiply our personalities.\"

Agree? Yes No

A very simple way to put it is the net has changed how music is made. The concept of web 2.0 which means anybody can create contents for the net is becoming a problem. There are so many djs now. The quantity of DJs are all time high now. One out 10 close friends are djs now. All of them trying to promote a club night. Thanks to p2p, free mp3 sites, and plenty of music discussion boards made easier to find the rare dance floor hits. In return, it made many electronic musicans to convert as dance musicans to get exposure at the dance floors. Also, there are so many musicians who record at home thanks to cheap condensors, gears, computers, and software. It is so easy for a person who has no musical training to download something like fruity loops and record his or her basic song with a mouse. I am not fan of easy to use technology, but the music technology will get easier as the time passes by. I personally think even Electronic musicians should study music and classical theories, but I am sure others will disagree. In matter of few years, babies will be writing their first synthpop song before the 2nd birthday.
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

Agree? Yes No

I am one of the rare ones who is just a fan. Without mainstream radio stations playing this type of music a lot of people don't know it exists. As for those who do know about electronic music, have to agree with Pop on this one. IMO it's just that many of the fans are curious about how it's made and with the technology getting simpler to use, yeah, a lot of people are going to mess around with it and come up with their own projects.
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Thread Information