Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Industrial like early Nitzer Ebb?

Agree? Yes No

Default Industrial like early Nitzer Ebb?

I have a quick question. I need to go back to learning Industrial music production again, which I have forgotten, because of lack of practice. What today's bands or even the late 90s (i haven't listened to industrial for over 12 years) sound like old Nitzer Ebb's Belief?

thanks
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

Agree? Yes No

listen to Combichrist's new single Get Your Body Beat... the video is on their myspace page

Agree? Yes No

i can't see the video. they sound too futurepop with way too much distortion to me.
    www.myspace.com/pswk

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

- Charles Baudelaire

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

Agree? Yes No

well that's as close to a nitzer ebb style that i know unless you want to listen to some actual electro. all the industrial these days doesn't sound like the old school stuff as far as i know.

on the new frontline assembly they are using a ton of dnb beats... which is nice... suits the aggressive style quite well and i'm surprised it took them this long to do that. sure beats the trancey crap.

Agree? Yes No

I can understand why Goth kids would like this band. They have a cool image that Goth kids will like, but for the rest of us it is outdated look that isn't even fashionable. Actually, I get really turned off by that Futurepop fashion look. You know the 1983's Blade Runner, 1983 Front 242 jumper suits, and 1980's Mad Max fashion. If they are assuming fashion is based around few cult classic films, it is kind of patheic. It is becoming like the rapper fashion. You don't know why it is trendy. Also, music is too simple and missing the Nitzer Ebb power hooks and I am not digging his vocal. His voice is annoying and I am not hearing any innovation since 1983. I guess I will rely on Veterans' cds get some ideas. Yea, it hasn't changed much. I guess this should be easy soon as I find a new vocalist for Requiem.
    www.myspace.com/pswk

- Pablo Picasso

- Charles Baudelaire

Agree? Yes No

pop - granted they sound more like That Total Age NE but Spetsnaz is the closest anybody has ever gotten. To the point where I think they actually do it better thanks to modern production. Grand Design was their best but their new one Totalier is also good and more varied. Actually Totalier is a little more Belief-like now that I think about it.
    I am on myspace because no one else is.:
    Scar Chemik

Agree? Yes No

yes, Spetsnaz.
    \"the sun is always hiding behind the clouds, stay connected\"

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by mpresev
    yes, Spetsnaz.
    hell yes. some of their stuff sound like long lost nitzer ebb that was just discovered in a time capsule

Agree? Yes No

thank you for the info. i will check them out.
    www.myspace.com/pswk

- Pablo Picasso

- Charles Baudelaire

Agree? Yes No

3 bands that have that "NE" sound & style

as mentioned,

SPETSNAZ "TOTALITAR"

also

IONIC VISION "ACTUAL"

and my favorite of the bunch, and most authentic, IMO...

ORANGE SECTOR "BASSPRODUKT"

very NITZER EBB / DAF ... hot album!
    www.souvenirrecords.com

Agree? Yes No

Also try a band called Proceed.....

Rivetmike

Agree? Yes No

Yes, SPETSNAZ and the old and newer ORANGE SECTOR (not in- between synthpop stuff, which i like) sounds just like The Nitzer, i totally forgot i had these cds, i don't really care for this sound, that's probably why i forgot i have them.

STEVO

Agree? Yes No

Here is a thing. Least, EBM was EBM. Futurepop is laughed by the real Trance listeners, because such a crap ass boring prodcution. So what is the point? People don't give a shit about Virus SAW ARP patterns. They are boring. It has been overused by every person who owns Virus in this planet. Least, EBM focus has been the bassline, not some premade arp patterns for people who can't even program one for themselves. I guess only the Electronic musicians understand where I am coming at. I hate the Virus arp patterns. That isn't Trance. That is just GAY, not in a sexual way.
    www.myspace.com/pswk

- Pablo Picasso

- Charles Baudelaire

Agree? Yes No

If you like Spetsnaz, you should also check out "Military Cheerleaders on the Move", that I think is even better than Spetsnaz. The single "freaks" is really cool.

Agree? Yes No

Yep, that single is *very* good but unfortunately the album didn't come anywhere near living up to that single

Try before you buy.....

Rivetmike

Agree? Yes No

How ironic, I was listening to MCoTM's Strike One this morning on my way to work. I think I 'get it'. But, I'm not sure that I like it. Clearly they were going for some minimalistic/artistic angle but some songs are just so empty and repetitive I don't know if it works or not.

I do like the line "Papa's got a new toy" in Absolute. Cool song.
    I am on myspace because no one else is.:
    Scar Chemik

Agree? Yes No

Honestly if you want to listen to some industrial production, listen to Imperative Reaction. They got that intricate Nitzer Ebb bass shit down, with a very Y2k modern edge.

They probably have the best IDM/EBM sound going these days. This is honestly where it's at.

Here are a few songs on myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/imperativereaction

Listen to the track "Something I left Behind" You'll hear what I mean.
    Brand New Idol
    Listen to our music - Click Here
    http://www.brandnewidol.com
    http://www.mp3.com/brandnewidol (R.I.P.)
    http://www.nysynthpop.com

Agree? Yes No

You are totally right with Imperative Reaction is where it's at, i love the band, when i think of them i think of a saw starting and as their song goes on, the saw has more and more of a stronger and louder sound, the way they use their equipment kicks total ass, the vocals rule (i'm a sucker for clean vocals, i like to hear what the fuck the song is about), the music rocks, i love the band, but i wouldn't and have never compared them to Nitzer Ebb though.

STEVO

Agree? Yes No

Maybe it comes from a bit another direction, but try 12"s of Terence Fixmer, The Hacker. They are hard enough to compare them with Spetsnaz.

Thread Information