Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: X3 -- Anyone?

Agree? Yes No

Default X3 -- Anyone?

Has anyone else seen it? Nobody seems to have mentioned it. Or did I miss a thread somewhere?

---

The film was FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC. And I found out AFTER the fact that I missed some scene that was supposed to have taken place after the final credits. Ugh!

The movie takes place where the last one left off. Cyclops and Wolverine are grieving the loss of Dr. Jean Grey (Phoenix), and whoosh! (literally) -- she's back. But not as you'd expect. Well, if you're a fan of the comic books -- you may have known what was going on. I'm not a fan of comic books. Just the films they spawn.

In fact, if you've only seen X1 and X2 with no history of reading the comics, none of this film is what you'd expect. If you're waiting for sunshine and rainbows brought courtesy of Storm, then you are sadly mistaken.

And yes -- room is left open for a sequel. I take that back. Room is left open for a spinoff. Maybe two.

People die. Mutants die. The Golden Gate Bridge dies. And a mutant or two are 'cured'.

Stunning special effects. Twists and turns along the way. Action that'll make your eyes bug out.

My kind of film.

***1/2 out of a possible four. Run, do not walk -- to this film.

Agree? Yes No

I saw it twice. Once on opening night and a second time with a group from a trek forum Im a member of. I know, im a major geek.

When I first saw it, It felt like they tried to cram too much into the movie. I was also dissappointed at the fact that they didnt do more with Jean Grey/Phoenix. She just stood there through a lot of the movie. However, after seeing it a second time and having more time to absorb it, I thought it was a great movie. The special effects were incredible and highly enjoyable. I'll be getting it on DVD!

PS, Not too mention that Juggernaut was HOT!

Agree? Yes No

Default Re: X3 -- Anyone?

Originally posted by Efreak

In fact, if you've only seen X1 and X2 with no history of reading the comics, none of this film is what you'd expect. If you're waiting for sunshine and rainbows brought courtesy of Storm, then you are sadly mistaken.
    Actually...the X-Men comic book stories are some of the most depressing ones out there in the Marvel Universe. If you get a chance, check out the graphic novel "New X-Men Vol. 1 - by Grant Morrison" and you'll see what I mean. Or for some excellent 80's stories (where tons and tons of mutants die) check out "X-Men: Mutant Massacre".
    ------------------------------
    www.myspace.com/noirtech
    ------------------------------

Thread Information