Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: AND ONE Military Fashion Show

Agree? Yes No

Default AND ONE Military Fashion Show

Just curious, has anyone been able to hear this new single yet? I can't find anywhere online that has clips up yet. I am positive it won't dissapoint, AND ONE never does. I can't wait, a new single now and a new album from them in the Fall. AND ONE will rule the world or something like that.

Agree? Yes No

I pre-ordered the single. It seems that there might be a love/hate thing for some people with And One. I love Steve's studio voice, and his quirky synth style is awesome. Yet, his concert voice isn't that great, but he does play to the crowd. I know that songs like Panzermensche or Deutschemaschine are played in the clubs, but I love the more poppy/softer side of And One like You Don't Love Me Anymore, My Story, Friends In Heaven, Mirror In Your Heart, Driving With My Darling, Men In Uniform, Der Pimmelmann, Get You Closer, It Happened Last Night, Friend of Stars, etc.

Also, it looks like Steve will be singing in English again on this new album, but I'm sure he's even more pissed that the USA is picking on Iran now than before the Aggressor album. I loved the Aggressor album, but it's difficult for me to sing every song in German.

Agree? Yes No

Smile AND ONE - Military Fashion Show (BODYPOP countdown)

Hey there everyone,

You can listen to a nice quality sample (1:33) of the new single "Military Fashion Show", along with "Computerstar" here:

http://www.outofline.de/content/newreleases.htm

This summer though, And One will make new fans worldwide, regain those lost and force the old school addicts back into the clubs with the full release of the new album BODYPOP, no doubt.

This will be the definitive I.S.T. style album (known in some German circles as IST3), where BodyPop will showcase sounds reminiscent of BodyNerv, Panzermensch, Metalhammer, Technoman etc. that has placed them on top rotation. Those of you who crave the softer quirkier side can swallow slow.

Just kidding, you'll have some surprises with Dreamwoman, or as its listed on the album: Traumfrau. Also, as I'm Not The One stated above, they've reintroduced English lyrics to their music. The Iran issue can get quite misunderstood for those who haven't traveled further than the nether regions of your run of the mill hickville swine counties. Ignorance flourishes even moreso today, so let's simplify for now by stating that the conflict you read or rather I should say see on TV is political, had been ongoing, and misconstrued. If you want to base an entire country's beliefs and political stance by headlines and political leaders, then be my guest. I suggest traveling, debating, truth seeking, an effort to empathize, etc. etc. That said, let's move on.

Currently, Steve, Gio and Chris are having the time of their lives performing on behalf of the Orkus Festival Club Tour 2006, which will progress throughout the year up until October.

On May 19th, 06, prepare for a full-frontal attack! And One are back, their sequencers are armed and ready … while the Body pop-Battle-Machine blows the bugle call for a Military Fashion Show. The title track is an infernal bastard, bred from stomping EBM-beats, weirdly beautiful synthesizer hooks and highly memorable melodies … addictive Body-Pop at its best! “Military Fashion Show” contains all the ingredients of a typical And-One-tune and yet manages to sound fresh, dirty and new at the same time. The two other new tracks on the single do not fail to amaze, either. ”Beauty Clown” is one of those strange and provocative German Electro Pop songs with which Steve Naghavi always manages to take the crowds by storm – a song that will rather inevitably lead to the one question: “why, for god’s sake, did England invent music?” After that, “Computer star” is revving the old engine up again a few beats to embark on a synthetic Road Movie … a delicate and fine thought, transferred straight from brain to computer. “Military Fashion Show” is And One in its purest form. Attempts at comparison are doomed to futility as this group has always been playing in a league of its own. This single is a smashing appetizer that will leave you longing for more … and a glorious first strike from the new album, due to be released in late summer. (Street date: 19.05.06)

I can also recommend, thanks to some of you here, Solitary Experiments "Mind Over Matter", Blind Passengers "Timemachine - Best of and New Stuff" and the recent Spetsnaz album titled, "Totalit". Sure to enduce nostalgia to AND ONE, DM circa '86 - '90 and NitzerEbb fans.

-OLMEK

1.Military Fashion Show (Club Hit)
    2.Beauty Clown (Bonus)
    3.Computer Star (Bonus)
    4.Military Fashion Show (Naghavi's Re-Something)
    5.Reklame "So klingt Liebe"

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASI...325098-8657004

Make sure you support GOOD MUSIC!!!

-OLMEK

Agree? Yes No

I'm listening to it now. It's pretty much what the ads say... it's IST3.

I like it... I'd play it definitely. The beat is very deutschemachine'ish... the lyrics are kinda dumb, like usual... it's vintage And One.

Agree? Yes No

It's everything I could want from AND ONE. AND ONE = DX7 kings. Even though they just rehash the same old sounds and many times hooks too I still can never get enough of those guys. Go AND ONE!!!!

Agree? Yes No

My favorite song from them has to be "Sometimes"..That is so catchy!

Joe
    To get a little taste of the direction of the new 2007 planned cd, check out these snippet links..

http://www.spuriousmusic.com/brandnewday/

Order \"Starting Over\" over at http://www.adifferentdrum.com

Brand New Day - Diverse Electronic Pop.
    http://www.brandnewdaymusic.com

Agree? Yes No

Thanks for that descriptive post, Olmek. The pics are very nice. I see that you posted one of Andy Krueger of Melotron. From what I read, it does look like the new album is quite aggressive in its sound.

As for Steve's lyrics, I can't say that their dumb. I think that they're quite clever and funny. Yes, in my opinion, Steve is not a great lyricist like Morrissey, Martin Gore, Neil Tennant, Roland Orzabal, etc.; however, I like And One lyrics for the most part. I think that the lyrics in Virgin Superstar, other than Wet Spot, showed a very mature side to And One. Though with Wet Spot, I still enjoy the lyrics. How many bands will sing about wet spots? The lyrics to Driving With My Darling or Der Pimmelmann may be considered dumb, but they're really cute and funny. I think that was Steve's point was to make them funny.

Sometimes is awesome. It starts out so slow and dark, and by the end of the song, the music is so aggressive with the beautiful strings layered on top of the driving beats and pounding synth lines.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of instrumentals, but I love And One's intro instrumentals on I.S.T., Nordhausen, and Aggressor.

Agree? Yes No

You guys can listen to even longer samples and even purchase the single on this site:

https://www.beatport.com/label/Out+Of+Line

One Love

Agree? Yes No

I got the single in this week, and I love it. I do agree with Joel that the lyrics to Military Fashion Show are kind of dumb. Maybe Steve should've had someone proofread the lyrics. "Who's gonna living on my body now?" Typically, Steve's lyrics make sense, but some of these lines don't make sense. Still, as mentioned above, it has the classic And One synth hooks, and Steve's voice sounds great.

England hat musik erfunden. Tanz fur England!

Agree? Yes No

Sorry, don't listen to And One to analyze the lyrics. The new single is a lot of poppy, bubbly fun. I dig the Naghavi edit better than the club version. Looking forward to a great album as I skipped over "Agressor" for personal, moralistic reasons.
    \"I\'m just an ordinary man
    With extraordinary hands
    I don\'t want to hear your answers
    I don\'t have the big plan\"

Agree? Yes No

I like it.... I dig And One.. It's one of those bands that don't change they're sound you know.. I appreciate that..

Dan, I don't analyze lyrics either...
    \"the sun is always hiding behind the clouds, stay connected\"

Agree? Yes No

It's probably a fault of mine that I analyze lyrics. I grew up listening to Depeche Mode, Tears for Fears, Morrissey/The Smiths, etc. I don't mind silly lyrics. I know that some people can't listen to bands when their lyrics are silly as in many Funker Vogt, T.O.Y., etc. songs.

However, I thought that Steve wrote some really nice and somewhat intelligent/deep, well written (grammatically speaking) lyrics in Virgin Superstar. He touched on several different topics in that album like drugs ("Don't Need The Drugs"), gambling ("Life To Lose"), teen girls' insecurities about how they look and turn to plastic surgery ("Wasted"), relationships ("You Don't Love Me Anymore"), sex ("Wet Spot"), politics ("Panzermensh"), etc.

So, I have gotten some value by paying attention to or analyzing And One's lyrics.

It's also nice that the lyrics in "Der Pimmelmann," "Driving With My Darling," "Sweety Sweety," etc. make me laugh.

As for the new single, I prefer the Club Hit version better than the Naghavi re-something version. The remix is like a stripped down version of the club version. To me, the club version really amplifies the classic And One synth hook lines.

As for "Aggressor," I bought the album and the "Krieger" single even though I know most of the story as to why Steve decided to sing in German and due to his interest in the US/Iran/axis of evil conflict. He has his right to express himself politically being a German citizen even though he's an Iranian refugee just like some expressed their political freedom by deciding not to buy the album for moralistic, personal, etc. reasons to oppose Steve's beliefs. Plus, "Aggressor" is very good. I love it.

Agree? Yes No

i just heard it a few hours ago on LIVE365 and dug it...ordered the single from a different drum immediately...

i've liked most of what they have done..i have to say that VIRGIN SUPERSTAR is one of my alltime favorite albums...i know it's kind of a love/hate thing with most and one fans, there is just something about it...
    ...the revolution will be synthesized...

Agree? Yes No

http://www.andone.de/html/bodypop.html

Done and done. /Electronic Body Music done impeccably

This and the material from the band Oomph! has been extraordinary.

Agree? Yes No

Im a huge fan of And One. Miltary Fashion Show sounds a bit of a mix of past classics.. Great single though..
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Thread Information