Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: electro/scene in your town?

Agree? Yes No

Default electro/scene in your town?

hi, there are people on this site from wround the world and maybe you can share how is the music scene in your local area. clubs, record stores, events, and so on. it would be interesting to hear what is happening with electronic music as a culture from different parts of the us and world.

Agree? Yes No

we have a club here called www.dataage.com I haven't been but maybe this Sat....
    \"the sun is always hiding behind the clouds, stay connected\"

Agree? Yes No

The only regular synthpop/industrial/goth club night here in Louisville is Fridays at Main Street Lounge, run by promoter Kent Cothran (I hope I spelled that right). The Triad - DJ Shahn, Rev. Spook and DJ Sorrow-Vomit - spin all types of synth/electro/darkwave.

As far as record stores, there's only Ear X-tacy, and it's more indie rock/emo and dance. We depend a LOT on online forums like here at EGN for new music.
    Edgar / RE:Active
    http://www.dxtcmusic.com

Agree? Yes No

In my town, we have nothing at all. Some students recently started a club playing some EBM/Industrial/electronic music, but I've only been there once, but not many people at all showed up.
    Nothing else. B o r i n g

Agree? Yes No

If you want to find out about the Buenos Aires scene the best webpage I know is

www.buenosaliens.com

it's in Spanish though...

Agree? Yes No

Utah in general = no electronica. Sure Todd's ADD is located here but it doesn't mean the general population here likes that style of music. Case in point, when the ADD festival happens it's almost all out of towners. The electro scene is either dead or almost non-existent in Utah, either that or its so underground that I'm just not cool enough to find it. It could be the last one I suppose.

Agree? Yes No

Madison? Awesome.

Venues:
    Inferno
    High Noon
    King Club
    Cardinal
    Club Majestic

Clubs:
    Inferno
    Cardinal
    Majestic

Bands:
    Stromkern
    Null Device
    Stochastic Theory
    Sensuous Enemy
    CTRLSHIFT
    Samarah
    Oneiroid Psychosis/Signal12
    and many more...
    Eric Oehler
    wonko@nulldevice.com
    www.nulldevice.com

Agree? Yes No

I live in London ..I could not list the amont of clubs/labels/bars or events ..would take forever...Its the home of Dance and all its sub genres (apart from ebm/industrial)..club scene is huge must be at least 1000+ club nights playing electronic music a month in london..

I actualy like rock and metal and you cant get much in london none really its the opposte to the states...
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Agree? Yes No

here in san antonio, the sin13 peeps are going to be in a new venue (or an old venue we all used to go to). a friend and i think think we have figured it out but she is hoping for the place next door to the popular place of 7 or 8 years ago. i hated that next door place. they would get mad when a friend and i smoked in front of it on the sidewalk since it was 21 or over and we were 19 then.

i still think it will be a different place though- this cool club i remember from when i was about 17. i hope so.

ill let you know when there are more details.
    \"Insincerity is merely a method by which we can multiply our personalities.\"

Agree? Yes No

Default Asylum Nightclub

Hey! My first post in this site in months.

So...Tucson, AZ. We have Asylum Nightclub (www.clubasylum.com). I'm one of the DJs and the live band promoter, and forum admin, and and and. Don't ask. I've been friends with the owner before this club opened. We're opened 5 days a week, so we're doing fairly well. The club has been opened many years now, and it spans many genres.

----------------------------------
    Tuesdays: Reaktor = Old school industrial, EBM, Electro & requests
    Wednesdays: Electro Groove = Synthpop, Electronica, Futurepop, 80s Electronic
    Thursdays: Awakening = Brit-pop, Indie, Mod, Shoegaze, Trip-hop
    Fridays: Razor 80s = New Wave, 80s Retro
    Saturdays: Club Asylum = Industrial, Synth-pop, Electro, EBM, New Wave
    ----------------------------------

Tucson, for whatever reason, has a very healthy scene.
    ------------------------------
    www.myspace.com/noirtech
    ------------------------------

Agree? Yes No

hey, nice to read all of the above. i travel around alot doing construction so we are not in the same place for too long. in the baltimore area now and there is a club here called the 9:30 club and we will be going there to check out a show sometime soon.

Agree? Yes No

There are a few places in Toronto that cater to fans of gothic/industrial/ebm/synthpop(whatever you call it) But the night club I seem to frequent to is here.... www.savagegarden.ca on Saturdays.

-R-
    \"Squish Is What Jelly Fish Do\"

Thread Information