Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: How's the scene up in the S/F Bay area?

Agree? Yes No

Default How's the scene up in the S/F Bay area?

This is a question to those who live up near San Francisco/ Oakland bay area..

How is the scene (Industrial/synthpop/electronica) up there? I'll be moving up there pretty soon for college (California College of the Arts, baby!) and i'm just curious.. Moving away from a good chunk of friends and i'd like to know if there's any good clubs i should note and etc.
    When a artist paints, they dip their brush in their soul, and with that they can paint life with all its vivid colors and aspects.

Agree? Yes No

Sweet it will be cool to have another friend up here!!! I relocated here last year myself...I've only been to a couple clubs since I arrived, but my wife is always mentioning a place called Death Guild...They play a lot of goth/industrial/ebm and have dedicated nights for live shows and events as well...Oh and there are tons of god acts playing at the DNA Lounge (including the upcoming show that we'll be at on May 6th with Cylab)...

I can honestly say that you won't be at a loss for something to do or places to visit...There is always something cool going on in San Francisco

You can check out Death Guild here: www.deathguild.com
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Haha nice! Good to see i'll have some connections up there when i do relocate. I'll be moreso in the Oakland area, but i've heard the BART system works like a charm. Can't wait ^_^
    When a artist paints, they dip their brush in their soul, and with that they can paint life with all its vivid colors and aspects.

Agree? Yes No

BART is a great system...It's far superior than any public bus sytem I've ever ridden...Clean, bright, friendly people, and very very safe...We can catch it just two blocks from my house and hit Oakland, downtown San Francisco, San Jose, and just about everywhere else you'll need to go

Check it out!!! www.bart.gov
    Just click on the map to the left of the page and you can see everywhere it goes

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Niice. The place i'll be staying in Oakland is thankfully only about a mile from the BART station. I went and visited the college and such on thursday and just got back.

All i have to say is wow. What a great place! Oakland is huge, but has an incredible small town feel to it; especially with the pitsbergish architecture (Guess i should say german architecture in that sense..) S/F on the other hand was charming in the fact that it's a huge industrialized city; although i will admit i only saw about the 3 blocks around the CCA campus.

Agree? Yes No

Just be careful where you travel in Oakland...There are some really nice parts, but there are some not so great areas as well around the Oakland/Richmond city borders

Once you're up here I definitely recommend checking out Telegraph Ave. in Berkeley...They have a ton of neat shops there, great indie record stores, and it's walking distance to the Berkeley campus (which is always fun to hang around)

Agree? Yes No

Yea, I heard that there's been alot of crime lately in the Oakland area. It's gotten so bad that CCA has hired security guards to escourt people after 8pm.

Haha one thing though; are there any shops that sell any good synthpop/industrial cds? (hmm wait isn't there an Amoeba in the Berkeley area?)

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by 7red7
    [b]Sweet it will be cool to have another friend up here!!! I relocated here last year myself...I've only been to a couple clubs since I arrived, but my wife is always mentioning a place called Death Guild...They play a lot of goth/industrial/ebm and have dedicated nights for live shows and events as well...Oh and there are tons of god acts playing at the DNA Lounge (including the upcoming show that we'll be at on May 6th with Cylab)...
    Thanks for the plug. However, CYLAB isn't playing at the DNA Lounge on May 6 (we're in LA on the 6th), they're playing Dekonstrukt on May 7th w/ Scrape.dx and Exillion.

http://www.dekonstrukt.net/

Agree? Yes No

Ah I stand corrected my bad sorry about the incorrect date...

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by 7red7
    Ah I stand corrected my bad sorry about the incorrect date...
    Just wanted to make sure you're there on the right day. Would hate for you to miss it

Agree? Yes No

No we'll be there on the right date

Agree? Yes No

Bah too bad i won't be up there until august ):

Agree? Yes No

Oh and there is a great benefit show going on tomorrow night to benefit AIDS research at SF State University...A killer group by the name of SpekrFreks are gonna be tearing it up electro/techno style and the drag queens and kings will be in full force

Thread Information