Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Mesh vs. De/Vision

Agree? Yes No

Your loss. Songs like "Dinner without Grace" and "Try to Forget" are great pop songs.

You don't speak for your entire generation, neither. I can understand it not being your cuppa, but that just means you're not the target audience.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Agree? Yes No

You know, I didn't first respond because when you read a response like Kirilan's you know there just is no point..

"I'm sorry but id be embarrased to say I liked Devision becuase that music sounds like brit boy band pop aimed at 11 year old girls..That music sounds fine on kids tv shows or gay clubs which play that bland lovesong pop but my generation just find it dreadfullly embarassing.."

As Dusty said, it is up to you to decide if you like it or not. You are entitled to your opinion of course. But to just come on and say De/Vision is only for gay clubs, (homophobic are we?) and for young people not of our generation is rather..big headed. Delusions of grandeur perhaps? You must think you are pretty big shit, no?

Each time I come here I am reminded of the same few people who have egos so big you couldn't fit them through any door.. It always reminds me why this place has so few participants.

Tara

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Dingerz
    You know, I didn't first respond because when you read a response like Kirilan's you know there just is no point..

"I'm sorry but id be embarrased to say I liked Devision becuase that music sounds like brit boy band pop aimed at 11 year old girls..That music sounds fine on kids tv shows or gay clubs which play that bland lovesong pop but my generation just find it dreadfullly embarassing.."

As Dusty said, it is up to you to decide if you like it or not. You are entitled to your opinion of course. But to just come on and say De/Vision is only for gay clubs, (homophobic are we?) and for young people not of our generation is rather..big headed. Delusions of grandeur perhaps? You must think you are pretty big shit, no?

Each time I come here I am reminded of the same few people who have egos so big you couldn't fit them through any door.. It always reminds me why this place has so few participants.

Tara

lol Homophobic you are really backward if you think that. You sad little Nerd its people like you who make people cringe and put them of this place. You really are naive.

Bland Boy Band love songs apart from on TV are only played in Gay Clubs and 7 year olds birthdays party's and targeted at the gay and 7 year old market. That is not homophobic that is what the Record Companies target at because thats the musics main buyers.

I will leave you listening to your brain rotting bland mush and in your little reality Bubble.

Mesh and Devision both have done some great songs. But the recent Devision offering was bland and boyband sounding. Mesh at least done something good sounding and good luck to them.
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Agree? Yes No

You are.so..boring.

And also a confirmation why I don't post or visit here anymore.
    Someone really should shut this place down and start over.

All you get here is animosity, sarcasm, and I am better than thou crapola here. Maybe if half the ppl here weren't so nasty sarcastic, we'd actually be able to understand you.

Tara

PS: "Bland Boy Band love songs apart from on TV are only played in Gay Clubs and 7 year olds birthdays party's and targeted at the gay and 7 year old market. That is not homophobic that is what the Record Companies target at because thats the musics main buyers."

Uh.."bland boy love songs" last time I checked are played everywhere. Turn on the radio stations and you'll hear them as well. There certainly isn't only one audience for it...as so put by you. So what, only gay men, and children appreciate songs reflecting emotionally/sensitively on love accoring to you? Pretty sad for the rest of society, I'd say then. It's also a very tunnel view vision of who appreciates what.

Also, I would never put D/V songs into a "bland boy love songs" category. Some of the lyrics may come off as more sensitive, yes. Maybe it's not for you, fine - but to say it's only for gay men and children and therefore "dreadfully embarrasing" sounds pretty homophobic to me. Ever read back what you've written down before posting?

Anyways, I know there is no point to me discussing this. So I'll stop here.

Tara

Agree? Yes No

You are.so..boring.

And also a confirmation why I don't post or visit here anymore.
    Someone really should shut this place down and start over.

All you get here is animosity, sarcasm, and I am better than thou crapola here. Maybe if half the ppl here weren't so nasty sarcastic, we'd actually be able to understand you.

Tara

PS: "Bland Boy Band love songs apart from on TV are only played in Gay Clubs and 7 year olds birthdays party's and targeted at the gay and 7 year old market. That is not homophobic that is what the Record Companies target at because thats the musics main buyers."

Uh.."bland boy love songs" last time I checked are played everywhere. Turn on the radio stations and you'll hear them as well. There certainly isn't only one audience for it...as so put by you. So what, only gay men, and children appreciate songs reflecting emotionally/sensitively on love accoring to you? Pretty sad for the rest of society, I'd say then. It's also a very tunnel view vision of who appreciates what.

Also, I would never put D/V songs into a "bland boy love songs" category. Some of the lyrics may come off as more sensitive, yes. Maybe it's not for you, fine - but to say it's only for gay men and children and therefore "dreadfully embarrasing" sounds pretty homophobic to me. Ever read back what you've written down before posting?

Anyways, I know there is no point to me discussing this. So I'll stop here.

Tara

You can shove your pathetic accusations of homophobia back into that empty brainless cranium of yours. It's not my fault your life revolves around the ADD online store.
    this is the new s**t

Agree? Yes No

Yeah, that's the sort of response I expected from you.

By the way, it's interesting how you assume I like a particular type of electronic music.. When in reality you are dead wrong. But thanks for being entertaining at least heh..

Tara

Agree? Yes No

Yeah, that's the sort of response I expected from you.

By the way, it's interesting how you assume I like a particular type of electronic music.. When in reality you are dead wrong. But thanks for being entertaining at least heh..

Tara
    I find your ignorance humerous.
    this is the new s**t

Agree? Yes No

"I find your ignorance humerous."

Uh ditto. You are the one who places people in boxes and makes wide ranging assumptions based on one piece of information. You say I like a certain kind of music because I like a song and that a certain sound ONLY belongs in certain mediums.

Now you're backpedalling because you are so dead wrong on the sort of music I listen to. Ooops..wrong kiddo.

So if I've misinterpreted you - I couldn't have helped but do so based on your quick and rediculous assumption of who I am and what I listen to. Think before you write next time.

Speaking of mesh, I love the Claustrophobic Dance Floor Mix of Petrified. Mmm..so good.

Tara

Agree? Yes No

Tara

You really are backward. You accuse me of me being Homophobic over something which is not. If you have never heard of Record Companies targeting music at certain sectors such as 7 year olds and The Gay Market you must be backward. Devisions last album sounded no diffrent to bands that we're doing that same style off stuff as the bands makeing disposable mushy pop in the UK (which is big in the Top 40 pop charts) These bands have big features in most the Gay Mags and Magazines and Also these Bands are featured in Magazines aimed at Seven-11 Year Old Girls. That was my point so its not me who's gone back on myself. I stated the ovbious and obviously that was to much for you to understand.
    this is the new s**t

Agree? Yes No

Oh forget it..that is NOT at all what your original comment intended. Love you trying to put a "logic" twist to your so called argument. Took you a while, but it looks so damn good up there doesn't it?

Anyways, this conversation is so yesterday. And it's sad that it's the only new thing on this board in a month.

Tara

Blog Entries

Agree? Yes No

Well, I kinda' lost the point towards the end of this thread but since I started to look around at current music happening now, and found both Mesh and De/Vision from this board I can safely say that I dig them both.

As for which is better, I will leave that to the experts in this thread, for now.

Agree? Yes No

So what does everyone think of the new De/Vision album??

Tara

Blog Entries

Agree? Yes No

Ooops. I still have not picked this up
    Where is a good place to order D\V from? Any suggestions?

Agree? Yes No

Where are you? These two are great places:

www.adifferentdrum.com - US
    www.musicnonstop.co.uk - UK

Tara

Agree? Yes No

Default noob

well, Tara, if you're asking, I got Noob the other day. I have listened to it twice through.
    I started this thread sometime last year because I noticed how much better the last few Mesh CD's were compared to De/vision's last few efforts; and I always like De/vision better but I couldn't deny that Mesh was really putting better songs together than De/vision.
    That being said, I'm kind of digging Noob. It's no Monosex, Two or Fairyland, but there aren't any songs I really dislike. Nothing really has jumped out at me yet, but I think this is a CD that will probably grow on me as I continue to listen to it. Maybe I'll post in three months and give my opinion then.
    sptest

Agree? Yes No

Check it out for yourself

Friday Novenber 23rd Bristol Bierkeller MESH + special guests De/vision

Saturday November 24th Satan's hollow Manchester MESH + special guests De/vision

Sunday November 25th Electric Ballroom London MESH + special guests De/vision

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by missile
    Check it out for yourself

Friday Novenber 23rd Bristol Bierkeller MESH + special guests De/vision

Saturday November 24th Satan's hollow Manchester MESH + special guests De/vision

Sunday November 25th Electric Ballroom London MESH + special guests De/vision
    too far for me but can you point me to some online mesh videos of live shows?

thx

Thread Information