Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mesh vs. De/Vision

Agree? Yes No

Default Mesh vs. De/Vision

I've always been a huge De/Vision fan. More so than a Mesh fan. However the last few years/albums Mesh has really stepped it up with WWOM and now with We Collide, both of which are absolutely fantastic CD's. And De/Vision seems to be going in the opposite direction with their last 3 studio albums being huge piles of stinking poo. Actually, each of their last 3 Cd's has one or two good songs/singles then the rest is just filler. Their latest CD, Subkutan, has really cool sounding bleeps and synthisized noise but there is no tune; they've lost the ability to craft a good song.
    Mesh on the other hand has, with their latest CD, could release 10 or 11 of the songs as a single. There is no filler on it. WWOM had a few duller songs, but again, most of the songs could have been a single.
    I sure hope De/Vision can pull something amazing off with their next CD, but I'm starting to lose hope. I probably won't be buying their next one. I'll just save up my money for Mesh's follow up to We Collide.
    sptest

Agree? Yes No

I pretty much agree with you in the sense that De/vision is going down and Mesh just keeps going up in quality.
    Shervin

Agree? Yes No

There has never been a contest at all for me - Mesh has been one of my all-time favorites since I first heard them in 1998.
    \"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in.\"
    - Homer Simpson

Agree? Yes No

De/vision > Mesh

lay off the crack

Agree? Yes No

I was wondering when this might happen!
    I will admit that I have listned to "WE COLLIDE" more already than "SUBTUKAN". I think overall that Mesh's new album has alot more punch and I like the progamming more as well!

I do like DE/VISION more!! I guess over the years they have had songs that you just can't beat!(Strange Affection, I Regret, Your Hands On my Skin, and many more)

MESH though are rising and it's becoming a little more difficult!!

but hey I love them both so I am happy they are still making music!!
    www.myspace.com/bravenewworldmusic

Agree? Yes No

I love both, but I prefer mesh...

Agree? Yes No

I've always liked De/Vision more too, but since Mesh's WWOM and now with We Collide, there music is so much better than De/Vision's last 3 CD's. I do love De/Vision's older stuff, Fairyland, Monosex and Two are fantastic. But their newer stuff just doesn't grab me. I can only listen to their older stuff for so long and then I don't listen to it as much. I'm always craving new material. And their new stuff just isn't delivering. But Mesh just keeps getting better and better.
    I always considered these two bands somewhat similar (maybe because when I bought my first De/Vision cd from ADD I also got a Mesh cd on the same order), and De/Vision at the time, I considered a much better band.
    So in summary:
    5 years ago - De/Vision > Mesh
    Now - Mesh > De/Vision

sptest

Agree? Yes No

I have to say, i like'em both equally. Although in all honesty i haven't heard any of the new De/Vision stuff.
    When a artist paints, they dip their brush in their soul, and with that they can paint life with all its vivid colors and aspects.

Agree? Yes No

De/vision has gone downhill ever since their 3rd member left the band. Like so many other synth artists their stuff just sounds boring, and uninspired.

Mesh, to me is really trying to move forward and gain a greater audience. Working with Gareth Jones was a great advance in their work. Although I think their newest cd is also not really super creative either but that is just me. It is decent though.

I can't think of any band that is really grabbing me right now. Hopefully AND ONE will give me something new and exciting soon.

Agree? Yes No

all of you saying that De/vision is going downhill are incorrect

REPENT AND BE SAVED HEATHENS!

Agree? Yes No

golly gee magic mirror, I see some hypocrites here....search another thread relating to 'Subkutan'. How many are still actively listening to it? By the remarks here, apparently not many.

'We Collide' is so solid, its not even in the same ballpark as De/Vision's latest efforts. Joel, you're still ridiculous.
    \"I\'m just an ordinary man
    With extraordinary hands
    I don\'t want to hear your answers
    I don\'t have the big plan\"

Agree? Yes No

and you're still a prick Dan

I'm still listening to Subkutan and I haven't seen We Collide since the first time I heard it. So chalk a bold one up for the De/vision side.

i'm going to keep repeating that I like Subkutan till someone with some sense about them agrees with me

Agree? Yes No

not again...
    google the archives to this domain... i bet tons of results about DM vs Mesh.

My personal view says, they both are boring, but you guys might have different backgrounds. They both feel like Human League without Prozac. Once again, that is way I see it. You guys might feel different.
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

Agree? Yes No

You crack me up, Joel. I like De/Vision much better than Mesh. I think that Devolution is one of their best albums. Six Feet Underground is very good especially the first half. The only song that I really didn't care for is the last track, Take Me To Heaven. Subkutan is decent. I don't like it as much as Devolution or Six Feet Underground when comparing their last three albums. Still, I really like The End, Addict, Still Unknown, and Star-Crossed Lovers. I was hoping that their second German only song, In Dir, would've been as good as their only other German only song, Endlose Traume, but it's still a nice song but not great. Mesh makes good music and writes very intelligent lyrics. My problem with Mesh is that Mark's voice is so whiney. If they had a better vocalist, I'd probably enjoy Mesh a lot more than I do now.

Agree? Yes No

does I'm Not The One = Steven?

Agree? Yes No

That's correct, Joel. :0)

Agree? Yes No

ah okay, it's been awhile since i've seen you with that username.... my memory still works yay!

and I brought We Collide to work with me today but I haven't listened to it yet... I'm gonna give it another go to see if it doesn't annoy me like it did last time.

Agree? Yes No

No, no, don't go to the dark side, Joel! :0)

Yes, good memory. It's been a very long time since I've posted under this name here.

Agree? Yes No

A tough call, but have to say I am prolly more in the Mesh camp now. I always loved anyway.. and saw them live at Synthpop Goes The World.. and cried through almost the whole set.. sure they looked silly and preppy.. but just amazing!! But both bands get me right at the heart. De/Visions latest effort is a bit weak.. I like it though and have played it several times, and I really don't have time to play CD's several times.

Agree? Yes No

I was at Synthpop Goes the World, too. I'm not a huge Mesh fan, but a few of my friends that were there are huge Mesh fans. We waited at the front of the stage for the longest time to see them. Boy, it was extremely hot in there. Their visuals were really cool with the movie screens, and it was nice when Mark brought out his guitar. I kind of like seeing bands look preppy. That's a cool thing about Iris is that Reagan doesn't dress in black or wear those big boots. It's just about the music. :0)

Thread Information