Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mesh vs. De/Vision

Agree? Yes No

'We Collide' is the best electronic album to come out this year. 'Crash' is the best single (and the b-side 'Soul') released this year. Those are undeniable facts which can't be denied.

I should've been the one to interview Mesh for the last Side Line issue.
    \"I\'m just an ordinary man
    With extraordinary hands
    I don\'t want to hear your answers
    I don\'t have the big plan\"

Agree? Yes No

"Crash" could be considered the best synthpop single... but I'd have to check some things before I agreed to best single period. "We Collide" is an album that doesn't suck... it's just for whatever reason I cannot get into Mesh as much as some of my friends. But Dan... c'mon... best electronic album? I don't think so. You can say best album to come out for this particular scene... best synthpop album... but not best electronic album period, that is a bit absurd.

Agree? Yes No

Joel, I'm not as eclectic in my electronic music tastes as you seem to be. I only have so much time to really devote to music these days and I'm finding more appeal in the emo/new wave revival bands than hit-n-miss indie electropop.

Just to clarify, when comparing 'We Collide' to the other recent onslaught of "scene" bands, including the 'other' band we're discussing (DV), Mesh released an album which is strong on production values, strong in songwriting skill and flows seamlessly from track to track without filler. It's solid through and through. The efforts are apparent. So, I suppose when I stated it was the "best" electronic album, I really meant "complete."
    \"I\'m just an ordinary man
    With extraordinary hands
    I don\'t want to hear your answers
    I don\'t have the big plan\"

Agree? Yes No

Joel,

I feel that Mesh did come up with a really solid album this year.. Who do u feel released a strong album too? Electronic music ofcourse.. Tomorrow I'll be doing some record shopping and will be buying Clear Static and the new De Vision. So please Joel, let me know. Lastly Joel, do you like the song "call my name" and "moments we shared" and "dress me when I bleed" by De Vision? Those songs are very very slick.. I like'm..

Here's my take these day's with the last 4 cd's of Devision... For some reason the remixes tend to sound better... Especially the Greencourt mixes or the Icon of Coil remixes.. Know what I mean?..For example, "hands on my skin" didn't do anything to me but the remix roooxx...

Btw, "leave you nothing" by Mesh is one of those tracks that made me think about things back in 2003. "Trust you" rox too..

Oh Dan, your avatar always makes me laugh.. My wife just said right now "ewww." l.o.l...

The query of who I prefer, Devision or Mesh is not a fair question....
    \"the sun is always hiding behind the clouds, stay connected\"

Agree? Yes No

Are we not typically talking Synthpop when we mention electronic music? Any other kind of electronic music is just an off shoot of synthpop with some harder, some softer etc. and I find it hard to imagine not being able to call the best synthpop album of the year also the best electronic style album of the year! I know some people that prefer screaming death chants with no melody to melodic music that really makes you want to dance or bounce around (synthpop) might disagree, but I don't count their opinion for much!
    VIVA SYNTHPOP!

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by tclutz
    Any other kind of electronic music is just an off shoot of synthpop with some harder, some softer etc.
    you must be the bright one in your family

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by tclutz
    Are we not typically talking Synthpop when we mention electronic music? Any other kind of electronic music is just an off shoot of synthpop with some harder, some softer etc. and I find it hard to imagine not being able to call the best synthpop album of the year also the best electronic style album of the year! I know some people that prefer screaming death chants with no melody to melodic music that really makes you want to dance or bounce around (synthpop) might disagree, but I don't count their opinion for much!
    Answer is clearly no. The form of Electronic music outdates Rock n Roll. It is even little before the Blues. The 80s generation is usually exposed to Synthpop as the first form of Electronic music, because Synthpop was probably the first form of Electronica that charted the mainstream radio. However, using electronic signals and tape edits to generate sounds have been around for years after the Romantic Era movement. In case some of you don't know what Romantic era was, it was around Chopin's time.

I couldn't avoid this topic. In order to clear things out. I will put it on a simple way. Joel is exposed to lot more music than some of you. He probably downloads insane amount of crap a day. Probably illegally, but he probably purchases lots of CDs too. No one can really afford to listen to that many cds. Too clarify what is exactly better than other is a difficult question. It is based on what person is exposed to. There are two types of people. One person might have a higher degree of appreciation if the familiarities are given to them. Others might solely seek innovations, because quantities exposed to them daily might cause dislike toward repetitiveness of constant similarities. A good example is the behavior pattern of these sites. Many topics are similar. Some people enjoy them. Some people are running away. People who have families and busy with their jobs don’t have time to be exposed to new things. They are going to digest the same thing over and over again and enjoy them. If a person is busy, it is most likely the person is going enjoy the same cereal everyday and wouldn’t notice the difference. Some people might have tons of time to be exposed to new things and spend an hour day cooking breakfast for themselves. They aren't looking for the instant gratifications. There are many music in this planet. Last time I checked, there are over 20 million recorded tracks available on the net. It is difficult to measure what is better or not based on this measurement, because no one in this planet has exactly listened and exposed to the same quantity of music.
    That's why the top level music labels don't like the net. They can't control it or pinpoint people's tastes anymore.
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

Agree? Yes No

Alright folks,

I can't believe I bought "Two," "Devolution" "six feet underground" and "subkutan" by Devison today....I was going to buy the Shiny Toy Guns and Clear Static cd but.... Wow, for Devision..Some people say that they produce quantity without quality.. Time out, these albums are cool.. It's not upbeat like the new mesh cd but certainly the songs are good.. Songs like "drifting sideways," "digital dream," "a new dawn," "i'm not dreaming of you," "sstill unknown" are really good songs.. They do come up with these awesome hooks(choruses)..

Now at this moment, my favorite band is Devision..
    \"the sun is always hiding behind the clouds, stay connected\"

Agree? Yes No

I can say this album kicks ass, i'm on song 9 and haven't skipped any tracks yet, that's a rarity for me, everyone has their own tastes in music, Mesh just keeps getting better with every release, but someone else may disagree, i'm just giving my own opinion, if you like it great, if not you suck ass.

STEVO

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Stevo
    if you don't like it great, if you do then you suck ass like the rest of these chimps.

STEVO
    i couldn't agree more, very well said stevo

Agree? Yes No

i could write a book about it....
    as far as i know,
    mesh is still growing
    de/vision holds the same level or still go down.

---------
    mesh follow " a line" , there is a connection between every cd
    de/vision don't follow " a line", a new album is more different to the one before.
    it is your decision what way you prefer: small changes or heavy surprises ?

Agree? Yes No

I dont listen to boy bands...
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Agree? Yes No

no, you prefer to suffer by listening to your own crap

Agree? Yes No

i'm not a fan of mesh, but i like de/vision.

Agree? Yes No

here is my issue with mesh. it sounds like the standard synthpop from the 80s with a superior recording quality (not production) which many garage synthpop bands can't meet. that is all. nothing they do is cutting edge even with a well known producer. de/vision's new cd production is sooo freaking good. they must purchased many gears to jump this high from the previous one. here is my issue with de/vision now. they are stuck on their formulas. they have very obivious song writing formulas.These are very clearly defined now; from the themes of lyrics, arrangements, mood, and style. however, their production is all time high. newbies love formulas, but people who have been exposed to so many things, they become really boring.
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

Agree? Yes No

fyi de/vision's last CD was produced by the same people (josef bach and arne schumann) as their two previous discs. however steffen told me that he's been doing much more of the production work himself as time goes on, "subkutan" was largely his work

mesh doesn't use external producers, they only involved gareth jones to do mixing. however they have also made leaps and bounds from their previous work, the production on "we collide" is much improved from the old days of "the point at which it falls apart"

p.s. this board is dead

Agree? Yes No

de/vision no longer holds a torch in my heart.....MESH baby..MESH

De/vision's lack of quality is been killing me
    Shervin

Agree? Yes No

you're fucking fired Shervin

Agree? Yes No

You know..

This answer may be a bit late but essentially, I do not like bands who do the same thing over and over and over again.

De/Vision not following a "straight line" in my opinion is a GOOD thing. Is it less liked my the general masses? Yes, because the general masses don't like change. It is PROVEN and a fact. Sad..but true. People also don't like hearing that.

The one thing I will say is this - mesh is likeable really fast.
    De/Vision I find often you like, but not mega on the first few listens..then it sinks in and you REALLY like it. De/Vision also has morer sensuality to their music than mesh.

I like mesh for their raw anger and for mark's aggression while singing. You don't just hear the lyrics, you FEEL them.

I think for De/Vision people tend to write them off way too quick because it isn't immediately catchy and because of the sensuality, it's more low key at times.

Over a span of ten years now that I've been into the scene I now know who I can count on and who I can't. Mesh and De/Vision are at tops.

Now I just want Iris to put out another album or two to add themselves to that list.

Tara

Thread Information