Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mesh vs. De/Vision

Agree? Yes No

see... that is what Mesh is good for... making girls cry. now that i think about it, all the big Mesh fans i know are women... and Steve of course.

Agree? Yes No

+ 1 for Mesh.
    e n d o r a : chicago-based synthpop
    info@endpop.com
    www.endpop.com

Agree? Yes No

Thumbs down

both suck

the really wierd thing is ive been listening to subkutan and we collide in my car while i go to work for almost a month now

geez i guess im an hypocrite, for my first statement...
    whatever

both suck but i listen to them in the car because is new nice background music
    ...From Strangelands and Unknown Places...

http://www.myspace.com/ezert
    ElectroAlternativePop (synthpop if you like):
    http://www.myspace.com/horizontelied

Agree? Yes No

wow Alex......we see eye to eye on so many things.....but never thought you wouldn't like the new MESH
    Shervin

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by joel_sgx
    see... that is what Mesh is good for... making girls cry. now that i think about it, all the big Mesh fans i know are women... and Steve of course.
    most strong women don't bother crying...
    little girls' hormones are out of control, so mesh has a market place for cry babies.
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

Agree? Yes No

Most strong women don't cry?? wow! I guess I am just a weakling and prolly a victum waiting to be raped too. Most strong women don't cry? Some repressed women don't cry, because they are afraid to. I love the synthpop of Mesh and De/Vision because it helps me cry and that feels good to me. Women don't cry because of their hormones, I do not believe it.. I have dated too many boys that cry.. they cry because they are not afraid to. Hardly a weakling. Bring it on synthpop boys.. make me cry, and oh BTW we can meet up in the parking lot if you want to brawl later.. remember I do 100 push-ups a day!

Agree? Yes No

I actually like both of these CDs as well. Granted, neither of them are ground breaking. Every Mesh track sounds familiar to me. And yes, both bands have released better CDs in the past. However, the CDs are still damn good. Im sorry, but even a "bad" De/vision CD is still better than 90% of the electronic stuff that's out there.

Agree? Yes No

Both groups are on the top of my list for best synthpop artists of the past 10 years or so. However, I agree that De/Vision's latest cds are not nearly as good as the earlier stuff eg. Two/Monosex and earlier and Mesh seems to be on the top of their game still. Overall, De/Vision has the greatest masterpieces overall considering their earlier work, but for their newer Cds, I would probably take Mesh over De/Vision if I had a gun to my head and could only pick one.
    VIVA SYNTHPOP!

Agree? Yes No

I would say I like both but for very different reasons.

Why I love mesh is very different from why I love De/Vision. That's what makes it so great.

If they both offered the same thing well then I can see why one would choose. But I just don't see it that way.

Mesh's new album is more easily accesible and it is easier to like better on the offset. Face it, more dancy tracks on any electronic groups album - people gravitate to those first. (We Collide is more dance track oriented)

I listen to both albums a ton still. I'm just glad both those bands continue to put out great quality music.

Tara

Agree? Yes No

It all depends on my mood. De/Vision and Mesh are my 2 favorites bands.

I used to think De/Vision was better hands down. Now its evened out with the release of the last couple albums.

I enjoy their albums slightly more then Mesh, though Mesh has always had my favorite songs.
    Kris \'Destral\' Wilke
    kris@destral.net
    www.destral.net

Agree? Yes No

In my opinion,...Mesh took it this year.
    ------------------------------
    www.myspace.com/noirtech
    ------------------------------

Agree? Yes No

De/Vision for me all the way. Mesh sounds like they're always out of breath, and a bit too emotional for my tastes. Good music, don't get me wrong, very good just not quite on the mark.

I enjoy them both, but if I had to choose.

Agree? Yes No

I agree with you, Olmek. Mesh makes nice music and writes intelligent lyrics, but Mark's voice is way over the top and is on the verge of whiney. So, I go with De/Vision, but both are really solid bands. Hopefully, De/Vision will have another album out next year.

Agree? Yes No

anyone who chose De/vision rules. anyone who chose Mesh sucks.

that's just the way it is. sorry.

Agree? Yes No

it's really not hard to believe Joel only has a 7th grade education
    \"I\'m just an ordinary man
    With extraordinary hands
    I don\'t want to hear your answers
    I don\'t have the big plan\"

Agree? Yes No

Hey Joel_sgx

You say the nicest thing :-)

Rich

Mesh.

Agree? Yes No

I'm a big fan of both... 2 years ago when I bought the DeVision live DVD 95-96 tour, I was really high on them and bought more Devision cd's that I did not have(especially they're earlier earlier stuff). When I bought the Mesh album last Friday, Mesh is my fav right now.. I don't have "Subtukan" by Devision.. I will get that.

Hi Rich, I'm a big fan of Mesh and pretty much have everything you guys have. .. Even video bootlegs too and cd live bootlegs...
    I hope you learned a lot from Gareth Jones as well..
    \"the sun is always hiding behind the clouds, stay connected\"

Agree? Yes No

Thanks mpresev,

He was a great guy to work with, had a really good laugh as well.

Cheers mate

Rich.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Dan1boy
    it's really not hard to believe Joel only has a 7th grade education
    it's not really surprising that Dan doesn't have the first damn clue as to what he speaks about. if he wasn't talking out of his ass about me, it just wouldn't be Dan.

and sorry Rich... i speak my mind regardless of who it's about, i mean no offense. my comment up there was meant to be taken sarcastically and as a joke... but i think at this point De/vision makes better music which isn't surprising since they've released more albums. your albums are nice as well but it's never been a secret that i've had a hard time getting into Mesh albums. i could just lie to your face though and tell you how much i love your music... but then i'd be just one of these other assholes and that wouldn't be any fun

Agree? Yes No

Hey,

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I admire your honesty. I certainly haven't taken offence, it's part of this business you take the praise with the critisium.

I love reading these forums for peoples opinions on stuff (even if they are wrong...only joking).

Best wishes

Rich.

Thread Information