Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Band Ever

Agree? Yes No

Depeche Mode hands down Mesh is a very close second. Duran Duran used to be right up there with DM, but I'm not feeling the Duran vibe as I was in comparison to a few years ago.
    \"Squish Is What Jelly Fish Do\"

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by dxtc
    I've noticed your avatar is Red Flag. Have you ever thought about changing it to Neuropa? (Not criticizing, just curious...)
    Haven't found a small enough Neuropa-related pic to use for an avatar. Red Flag is a close second favorite band (really...despite all the posting I used to do in the RF forum the last go-round here! ), and the only reason they're second on my list is that I didn't like every single album they put out.
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

Depeche Mode......but I am only looking at the 83-95 era when I say this. Anything they made since does not make it to the top 40 list of mine
    Shervin

Agree? Yes No

until 1994 I say Information Society for sure... but after discover Mesh they become my #1 until today (followed by Droom).

Agree? Yes No

Crikey! This is tough. I am going back and forth between, is it the band you own the most stuff by or is it the band that evokes the most passionate memories of various times in your life?!?

I'll go with the latter and say a-ha.

(For those interested, And One is the answer for the first criteria)
    I am on myspace because no one else is.:
    Scar Chemik

Agree? Yes No

There are a few people sitting on the fence here!

@ Freddy - you cant have 3!!! Information Society, mesh or Droom? Only one please!!

And Joel - me obsessed with mesh?! Never!! :-)) Yeah you got me I just love these guys! Come on then - who is your choice? You must have one? Or are you scared of upsetting Reagan?

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by steverm
    And Joel - me obsessed with mesh?! Never!! :-)) Yeah you got me I just love these guys! Come on then - who is your choice? You must have one? Or are you scared of upsetting Reagan?
    what are you talking about Steve? LOL

i regularly say how much i despise Depeche Mode... if anything was going to upset Reagan it would be that.... but i dont think Reagan gives a rats ass what I think on any topic because he has his own opinions too.

but on this topic, i just don't obsess about bands and that's what i think happens with these fanatical depeche mode people

ps. you're still invited to my wedding

Agree? Yes No

Joel

This whole post is just a bit of fun. As I started by saying everybody has loads of bands that they like/love. Thats music. Im not sure if I obssess about mesh or not. In some peoples eyes the answer will be a definite yes. In mine I love them to bits and am just totally enthusiastic about everything they do. Its a fine line!

Like you I love my music and however you say it, thats the bottom line.

Reason I started this post is because somebody asked me the same question. And its not an easy answer.

Are you having a DJ at your wedding? Will you make sure he plays some mesh? Guess thats me off the guest list then!

:-))

Agree? Yes No

You will be my guest of honor Steve and there will be no DJ at the wedding. I'm having a polka band at my wedding and we will be doing traditional german dances only.

But we can play some Mesh at the afterparty and you can dance and have a good ol' time then.

Agree? Yes No

Its a deal!!

Agree? Yes No

Only one band??? Easy...Cause & Effect hands down my number one favorite band of all time
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Not easy............. probably a tie: talk talk and a-ha
    Costa Rica Synthfest, April 1st 06
    www.crsynthfest.com

Agree? Yes No

CharlesMingus.
    dont die...
    fen.

CTRL

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by skylla
    Talk Talk... good choice!
    Thanks...It has to be the most underrated band in history (In the nursery coming 2nd)
    Costa Rica Synthfest, April 1st 06
    www.crsynthfest.com

Agree? Yes No

Very original, once again, got to say Depeche Mode.
    Every single thing they've made I'm pleased with, some songs I couldn't even live without.
    Especially "What's your Name?" That's my favorite

wtf were they thinkin? P-R-E- Double T-Y?

Agree? Yes No

it may be predictable, but...THE CURE, hands down....no other band has been in my life quite like them...
    ...the revolution will be synthesized...

Agree? Yes No

A tie between The Cure, Mozart and Stan Getz...

Agree? Yes No

Tubeway Army
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Agree? Yes No

Talking

Originally posted by steverm

@ Freddy - you cant have 3!!! Information Society, mesh or Droom? Only one please!!
    hehehhe... I said 3, but only 2 in the top and in different times... you simply can't compare bands with around 10 or more years of difference, is like compare the Brazilian Soccer team from 70 and the World Cup 2006 team... everything changed, even you.

that's why I don't believe in this thing of "All Time Favorite" of anything, because everything CHANGE!

the right question should be:
    "what's your #1 band/artist right now?"

well, today my number 1 is mesh. but maybe the next Droom album could put them in my #1 list... heheheh :P

Freddy

Thread Information