Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: S.P.O.C.K. Assignment: Earth CD

Agree? Yes No

Default S.P.O.C.K. Assignment: Earth CD

Anyone know where I can get a copy of this CD? Assignment: Earth from S.P.O.C.K. I've looked in the usual places and cannot find it.

Thanks.

Agree? Yes No

Default S.P.O.C.K. Assignment: Earth CD

Eric

You can pick up both the European and American formats for the album at the German mail-order company Indietective at www.indietective.de

The European format is selling for €8.99 (special price), while the American format is selling for €18.99 and includes a different cover as shown in your message and additional tracks.

If anyone from America is looking for old Synth Pop releases from European bands from the 90’s, start your search at either, or both Hot Stuff in Sweden - www.hotstuff.se and Indietective in Germany.

Synthetic Wishes
    Danny

synthetic pop - ‘synthetic vision’

www.myspace.com/syntheticvision

Agree? Yes No

Thanks a lot for the information! I knew I could count on Electrogarden members to hook me up!!!

Agree? Yes No

I'm selling it. Look on the updated cd sale list in the selling forum on here.

a lot cheaper than buying it new from europe

Agree? Yes No

Their record label has a site where you can pay and download albums but unforturnately now you can't download that album. Here is the link anyways.

http://www.klicktrack.com/shop/relea...C.K&cp=3&r=449

Agree? Yes No

I was hoping some more people would chime in here and talk about S.P.O.C.K. I'm a really big fan of their work. I'm not a Trekkie, but I do enjoy watching Star Trek. I've been watching it lately on G4.

I think that S.P.O.C.K's lyrics are very creative and cute. Plus, I like Alexander "Hof The Man" Hofman's (Android) vocals a lot. However, I really don't like the way that he sings in most of 1999. His voice is a little rougher, and there aren't too many vocal melodies and hooks in 1999 as there are in the other four albums.

My favorite S.P.O.C.K album is Five Year Mission, and 2001: A S.P.O.C.K Odyssey is a close second. I think that it's cool how A Dream Within A Dream from 1999 ties into The Awakening/Reactivated from 2001: A S.P.O.C.K Odyssey.

Does anyone have any favorite songs or albums from them? Also, does anyone like Aaron Sutcliffe? Johan Malmgren from Elegant Machinery/S.P.O.C.K teams up with Covenant's Eskil Simonsson to make some awesome Elvis synthpop tunes. I love it.

Face the fact
    Beware of an attack
    All E.T.'s aren't nice

Usually I am a nice little prick
    Especially when I swing my silver dick
    You see I am an android

I'm out of water
    I'm out of food
    It's getting hard to breathe
    This doesn't look good

Agree? Yes No

S.P.O.C.K. is an excellent group. I've been into them since first hearing them in the Sometimes I Wish I was Famous comp.

Although I hated it at first, 1999 is one of my favorite albums by them. Out There and Android's Dilemma are very cool songs as well as Dr. McCoy.

Assignment Earth is very good but I'll take the Earth Orbit Live album before that. That is one of the best live cds IMO. Alien Worlds is next for me and 5-Year Mission is a good, if not a little too dry, cd. I never picked up 2001:ASO since I didn't like the singles.
    I am on myspace because no one else is.:
    Scar Chemik

Agree? Yes No

I've yet to hear their version of Ice Machine or Duran's Planet Earth.

Well, maybe 1999 can grow on me. I'm not too scared now with you saying that you hated it at first. I do agree that Out There is really good. It sounds like Johan sings a bit with main vocals in there. I'm not big on Android's Dilemma, but the lyrics are hysterical. Dr. McCoy is ok. I'm impressed that they sang it in German and in Swedish on the single. My faves on 1999 are Out There, Dark Side of the Force, A Dream Within A Dream (probably my fave on the album), and Agent 5.

I don't have the Earth Orbit Live album, but I like Assignment: Earth a lot. Meanwhile and and Force of Life are fillers to me, but I love Out In Space. Great pounding bass/percussion in that song.

I actually like all three singles from 2001. At least, you really should check out Back On Mars. I think that it's one of their best of all time. The chorus is so awesome. I don't care for Alien Hand Healing or Astrogirl's Secret, but I dig the rest. Yo-Haan sings Mr. Jones, or that's how it seems to me.

Agree? Yes No

the reason i bought Assignment:Earth and not any of the other albums was simply because of "Force Of Light"

Dj eMptyx, who Steven knows but the rest of you probably don't, played this track when he was dj'ing at the Tower Records one night and I heard it and loved it because it doesn't sound like most other synthpop bands... it kinda sounds Kraftwerkian actually... so that was my first exposure to SPOCK

I need to get that album 2001:A Spock Odyssey because I had the singles off that album and I liked them... especially that Covenant remix.

Agree? Yes No

You like Force of Life, Joel? I should've known. You think that Covenant's Europa is their best album. hehe That's what's great about music is how we can like the same bands but like different songs or albums.

I remember you playing S.P.O.C.K during your DJ sets at Synthpop Uprisings.

DJ eMptyx is very nice. He's in the land of northern light now, right? Lucky Jason!

I love Utopia, which Yo-Haan sings, and When We Were Human off of the Where Rockets Fly single. When We Were Human shouldn't have been a b-side. I love it. The Covenant remix of Queen of Space (Stop Dave, I'm Going Crazy 2001) is decent but nothing great to me. Just check out Aaron Sutcliffe instead. hehe

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by I`m Not The One
    You like Force of Life, Joel? I should've known. You think that Covenant's Europa is their best album. hehe That's what's great about music is how we can like the same bands but like different songs or albums.

hhaha i remember that discussion we had about Covenant. C'mon, Europa is their best album. Which one did you like again?

DJ eMptyx is very nice. He's in the land of northern light now, right? Lucky Jason!
    yep, he is in Sweden.. doing quite well too last time i talked to him

I love Utopia, which Yo-Haan sings, and When We Were Human off of the Where Rockets Fly single. When We Were Human shouldn't have been a b-side. I love it. The Covenant remix of Queen of Space (Stop Dave, I'm Going Crazy 2001) is decent but nothing great to me. Just check out Aaron Sutcliffe instead. hehe
    what is Aaron Sutcliffe? i love that Covenant remix.

Agree? Yes No

Europa is bland. It's about USOM (what a surprise, eh?) and Northern Light with Sequencer close behind.

Glad to hear that Jason is doing well.

Aaron Sutcliffe is Johan (Yo-Haan) Malmgren of Elegant Machinery/S.P.O.C.K on vocals with Eskil Simonsson on keys. They play Elvis synthpop. All of their songs are Elvis covers. Johan sounds almost like Elvis. Johan can really sing. Their EP and their album, Last Train to Salinas, are really good. I just think that it's neat that they decided to make synthpop Elvis tunes.

Agree? Yes No

Zombie thread alert!!! Almost 9 years later! I did manage to get Assignment Earth, Alien Worlds, Five Year Mission, and Earth Orbit Live CDs. LOL Still excellent stuff and I still love S.P.O.C.K!!! Is there anyone still around here? Last time I dropped in at Electrogarden for synthpop, it was a ghost town!!

Thread Information