Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: da best interview of DM ever ever(to Swank)

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Joe Ramey
    "Keep it up"??

That can be described as rude?

I dont get it!

I didnt take it that way, but then again i wasnt there to see in the manner that it was said in!
    definitely. it's something an established artist says to a n00b artist.
    d e l o b b o . c o m . m u s i c and r e m i x e s
    forum / myspace / discogs / gallery / last.fm

Agree? Yes No

Smile

Originally posted by delobbo

definitely. it's something an established artist says to a n00b artist.
    I still dont see it in that manner as a talking down bit..Maybe as in them being at it for 25 years and dont quit now type of remark.

Maybe i'm just putting a positive spin on it!
    http://www.brandnewdaymusic.com

STYLE single coming out in 2006.

CD # 2, coming out in early 2007.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Joe Ramey

I still dont see it in that manner as a talking down bit..Maybe as in them being at it for 25 years and dont quit now type of remark.

Maybe i'm just putting a positive spin on it!
    ok.. how about the "wait wait don't tell me.... (pause)..... (pause)......

Depeche Mode, right?"

want to give me a "positive spin" on that part too?

It's all about context man.

Agree? Yes No

Ok, Ok!!!

:-)
    To get a little taste of the direction of the new 2007 planned cd, check out these snippet links..

http://www.spuriousmusic.com/brandnewday/

Order \"Starting Over\" over at http://www.adifferentdrum.com

Brand New Day - Diverse Electronic Pop.
    http://www.brandnewdaymusic.com

Agree? Yes No

I'm assuming this was a party and Simon maybe had a little too much to drink.. I don't think it was intended to be rude.. SOmetimes when people drink, people say the strangest things.. Trust me, I know..
    \"the sun is always hiding behind the clouds, stay connected\"

Agree? Yes No

Unless anyone was actually there - its rediculous to assume in what context this all was taken. What if it were Dave overracting? Please... forgetting a name or a face isn't a sin... you know how many people these dudes meet in a month - lol

gimme a break

Agree? Yes No

yea and I have heard Simon is quite the inebriated/f'ed up type in many a public occasions - he says and acts quite strange when meeting people.

but seriously - he should know who Depeche Mode is. Both are artists that started about the same time and shaped their own regions of music which, while dissimilar in many ways, are also quite similar in many ways.

Agree? Yes No

what color is martin's underwear?
    sarcasm.
    i can't believe you guys are arguing over someone's scarcasm. this clearly states some of you don't have any humor.
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by pop
    what color is martin's underwear?
    sarcasm.
    i can't believe you guys are arguing over someone's scarcasm. this clearly states some of you don't have any humor.
    oh so you know for a fact that Simon was being sarcastic? what's it like to be psychic?

Agree? Yes No

i heard anal people have pencil stuck up in certain places... is it true? please tell us. what is the color of martin's underwear? i think you know. wait, i can't use sarcasm here, because some of you just don't get it.
    www.myspace.com/pswk

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

- Charles Baudelaire

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by pop
    i heard anal people have pencil stuck up in certain places... is it true? please tell us. what is the color of martin's underwear? i think you know. wait, i can't use sarcasm here, because some of you just don't get it.
    we were having a civilized, constructive argument until you stepped in. thanks.

Agree? Yes No

an argument about what duran duran said to depeche mode during a party (you can assume people were drunk) is nothing but civilized. when do we discuss about martin's underwear?

you want to be civilized? we can talk politics, enviornmental issues, and crisis in iran, and what new future holds for the new iraq. wait... that doesn't sound civilized compare to drunken arguments between two pop stars and color of their underwears.
    www.myspace.com/pswk

- Pablo Picasso

- Charles Baudelaire

Agree? Yes No

you're not worth my time or thought.
    d e l o b b o . c o m . m u s i c and r e m i x e s
    forum / myspace / discogs / gallery / last.fm

Agree? Yes No

great come back!!!
    something little boys would say!
    ROCK ON... PARTY ON...
    i guess you don't want to talk about IRAQ?

Instead of getting insulted. Let's just think about this... Is your own life so boring that stupid celebrity gossips excite your life? They were at the party. Who cares? People get drunk and do more stupid things. Like sleeping with the wrong people. I judge artists based on their music they write. I thought that was what the underground music was about. If you are so interested in stupid party drunk arguments of pop stars, next step sounds like talking about size of R&B singers' breasts. Fact that you are excited about someone said what on at the party, especially the people you never met and party you weren't at, I say there is a problem with this conversation
    www.myspace.com/pswk

- Pablo Picasso

- Charles Baudelaire

Agree? Yes No

trust me, I don't feel insulted at all.

Agree? Yes No

good...
    i personally don't care about what artists do outside their writing and recordings. i care what were said at the party i was at and what my friends were doing. that is all. i have seen two CEOs fist fight after few drinks over a girl who looks like a porky pig... alcohol does funny shit to human brains
    www.myspace.com/pswk

- Pablo Picasso

- Charles Baudelaire

Agree? Yes No

That was a great interview. Made me chuckle. The Twin Towers vid was eerie, but great!

Thread Information