Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: I guess we just blow crap up, right?!

  1. #1


    Agree? Yes No

    Default I guess we just blow crap up, right?!

    Hey, sorry I haven't been around a while. I've been doing the training crap. THey had us firing all kinds of neat weapons, tho. The M16A4 ( www.gun-world.net/ old/USA/M16/usmca4a.jpg ), the M203( http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/M203-1.jpg ), M249 SAW ( www.fas.org/man/dod-101/ sys/land/m249saw-2.jpg
    ), AT-4 ( http://www.hqmc.usmc.mil/factfile.ns...5627a007227ef/$FILE/AT-4.JPG
    ), and we threw the M67 Frag ( http://members.aol.com/panzersgt/pyro/m67.jpg ). It's been pretty cool, but I keep falling apart. The packs are so heavy and my knees have started to tighten up, My shin may have a stress fracture, my theighs are tight and burn... But I love it. It's like self mutilation with an 80 lb pack! lol! Also, I have some pictures of some of the platoon, some of the stuff we've done, and maybe a picture of me for the ladies... But I gotta get them developed.

    Hope everyone is doing well. I'll see you guys later.

    (If you wanna contact me and send cool pictures, email me at sn3aky_on3@yahoo.com)
    Go buy a box of straws and suck it the f**k up!
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y207/Akisu_kyuuketsuki/

  2. #2


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    I know you're really jazzed about the whole military thing but I have to chime in with my two cents here.

    I am so not for this war, we should get the fuck out because we have no business being there in the first place.... other then our meglomanic president defending his precious oil. I am pro peace and against violence. Typically violence and hatred breeds more violence and hatred. Over a thousand of our troops have already died needlessly in this sham of "war".

    Thats well enough now....

  3. #3
    Lead ElectroGardener cliffwalk's Avatar
    Joined
    February 22nd, 2002
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,305


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    Originally posted by ElectroSwank
    I know you're really jazzed about the whole military thing but I have to chime in with my two cents here.

    I am so not for this war, we should get the fuck out because we have no business being there in the first place.... other then our meglomanic president defending his precious oil. I am pro peace and against violence. Typically violence and hatred breeds more violence and hatred. Over a thousand of our troops have already died needlessly in this sham of "war".

    Thats well enough now....
    this is a different day and age and I don't see it as our role to tone it down for the sake of the patriotic so, fuck it ... let's not fail to mention nearly 100,000 Iraqis, mostly civilians... blowing shit up is not so cool... any moron can blow shit up...

    what have we built to replace what we've blown up?

    Come home in one piece and god's speed.

    Dave
    If you\'re reading this, you have a tiny penis.

  4. #4


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    I hope your not sent to Iran mate I really do but i reckon youll be an officer soon. We need soldiers not just for war but for peace keeping and humanitarian aid. Sadly the wars our lads and ladies are sent to fight are only benefiiting big buiness not the safety of our people. British and American soldiers have done brilliant work in peacekeeping missions across the globe. Shame the people who order are soldiers about are such criminals...
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

    http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

  5. #5


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    Right - In no way am I slagging off the brave men and women who give up thier lives to fight for the country. I just really think this whole war was a mistake, somthing to try to save Bush's approval ratings that failed miserable.

  6. #6
    Lead ElectroGardener cliffwalk's Avatar
    Joined
    February 22nd, 2002
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,305


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    Originally posted by ElectroSwank
    Right - In no way am I slagging off the brave men and women who give up thier lives to fight for the country. I just really think this whole war was a mistake, somthing to try to save Bush's approval ratings that failed miserable.
    I'm not slagging on them either...

    But... let's look at this thread... it was started by a person that's directly involved in this war... one of our soldiers... one of the people who has no other choice, by the design of their job, to buy into this war and go execute on orders...

    Order that are, at best, misdirected by a consensus of this WORLD's smartest and most educated people.

    I hate that dynamic.

    I will be there for my friends, loved ones, and maybe even some strangers when they come back from this fucking mess mindfucked, depressed, and physically deformed...

    But right now --- in the middle of it --- given our history ---- I'm starting to question how much I should be sparing their morale.

    Dave
    If you\'re reading this, you have a tiny penis.

  7. #7


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    Originally posted by cliffwalk


    I'm not slagging on them either...

    But... let's look at this thread... it was started by a person that's directly involved in this war... one of our soldiers... one of the people who has no other choice, by the design of their job, to buy into this war and go execute on orders...

    Order that are, at best, misdirected by a consensus of this WORLD's smartest and most educated people.

    I hate that dynamic.

    I will be there for my friends, loved ones, and maybe even some strangers when they come back from this fucking mess mindfucked, depressed, and physically deformed...

    But right now --- in the middle of it --- given our history ---- I'm starting to question how much I should be sparing their morale.

    Dave
    exactly.

  8. #8


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    Me, and this is just me, I couldn't be part of an organization that was commanded to perform illegal and imoral acts at the expence of thousands of lives.
    It is a soldier's duty to follow the orders of his commanding officer, but it is a citizen's duty to question authority's bad desicions and a human being's duty not to commit murder.
    Take the SAS, they are, I believe, the only fighting force in the world that has the option to decline a mission...and they declined to be involved in the invasion of Iraq (they have since been involved in covert and rescue tasks) which they saw as illegal and wrong.
    There's nothing wrong with being in the army as a career, for the benifits, the fitness, the training etc... (and blowing crap up IS cool!) but once they tell you to kill another man for their reasons you have to start asking the big questions of yourself and your authority. If your gonna' end someone else's life you'd better be damn sure it's for the right reasons.
    I sincerly hope, Sneaky, that you are never sent into combat. Keep having fun! The training does sound cool, something I would like to do, but I couldn't deal with the authority or the orders to kill !
    Crash

  9. #9
    ElectroGardener Paradoxxx's Avatar
    Joined
    March 11th, 2002
    Age
    45
    Posts
    578


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    THey had us firing all kinds of neat weapons

    Somehow I have an issue with the word neat and weapon being in the same sentence. But I guess it's my problem to deal with.

  10. #10


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    Originally posted by Paradoxxx
    THey had us firing all kinds of neat weapons

    Somehow I have an issue with the word neat and weapon being in the same sentence. But I guess it's my problem to deal with.
    No Mr. Hottie Mc Hot New Avitar... I have the same issue with that statement as well.

    BTW did i mention i think your new avitar is hot?
    xo

  11. #11
    ElectroGardener Paradoxxx's Avatar
    Joined
    March 11th, 2002
    Age
    45
    Posts
    578


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    Originally posted by ElectroSwank

    BTW did i mention i think your new avitar is hot?
    xo
    *blush*

  12. #12


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    It's not the country I fight for, or the president, or any of that crap. It's you guys and the others over there. I can do what I can to keep them alive, and by fighting in another country, it keeps you safer. You don't have to worry about waking early one morning to a group of insergents saying they're taking yor house so they can get some sleep.

    As for the 'Neat weapons' thing... I got to make targets go boom. It's like playing with those green army men and firecrackers as a child... Only much louder and you feel the explosion in your chest. It kinda makes me smile.

    I'm not infantry, so I won't be headed to Iraq. I'm doing a security forces job where I'll stay in the states and guard a base or something. The chances of me going over seas is VERY slim for my whole time in the service. But by my being on a base here, that lets someone else go to Iraq or where ever. (And I can't say I've heard anyone say they don't wanna go.)

    Everyone in the squadbay WANTS to go for whatever reason. It's not like they're crazed murderers, or just want to kill someone. I've heard everything from "Just wanna do what I can" to "I've lost some friends over there" or "Others have died over there and I want to do what I can to avoid losing more people." But don't get me wrong, some of the guys are kinda crazy... Lighting their hands on fire with Purell or using the MRE heater as a firecracker...

    But yeah... I never said I was for the war.
    Go buy a box of straws and suck it the f**k up!
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y207/Akisu_kyuuketsuki/

  13. #13


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    I'm a squid, (in the navy), you Jar heads are incredible people, i love you bastards, that's all.

  14. #14
    ElectroGardener Paradoxxx's Avatar
    Joined
    March 11th, 2002
    Age
    45
    Posts
    578


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    Originally posted by Stevo
    I'm a squid, (in the navy), you Jar heads are incredible people, i love you bastards, that's all.
    I love all guys in a uniform. *grin*

  15. #15


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    Where are you stationed, Styevo? What do you do in the Navy?

    Paradoxxx: I think we'll have to talk... Heh, I just kid!
    Go buy a box of straws and suck it the f**k up!
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y207/Akisu_kyuuketsuki/

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

EGN Keywords

sn3aky_on3@yahoo.com

,

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


ELECTROGARDEN | ARTIST NETWORK | TRACKS | MORE TRACKS | ARTISTS | MORE ARTISTS
NEWS | LIFE IS MUSIC | MAINSTREAM ARTICLES | ARTICLES | REVIEWS | FORUM | ARCHIVE | STORE | CONTACT | TERMS OF USE
THE ELECTROGARDEN NETWORK is a Trademark of ELECTROGARDEN.COM.
Copyright © 1999-2018 ELECTROGARDEN.COM, all rights reserved
Subscribers to Electrogarden Network Forums Feed Tweet this page! TWEET