Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Any German here?

Agree? Yes No

Question Any German here?

Seems like I'll be moving to Germany next year. Anyone here from Germany I could take to? Maybe even from Mannheim?

/Christina

Agree? Yes No

Why would you want to leave Sweeden?
    Crash

Agree? Yes No

I have been to Mannheim.. it is a nice town, but beware of the two DJ's that run their Monday night there.. nice guys but they think they run the world. That is one thing odd about Germany, maybe that is true about all of Europe (I am no expert, because I have only been to a few countries).. they rarely leave their own city except for Holiday, and are oblivious to all that goes on around the surrounding communities.. at least in "the scene".. 30 miles might as well be 500 over there. All a matter of perspective I imagine.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by coppertop
    I have been to Mannheim.. it is a nice town, but beware of the two DJ's that run their Monday night there.. nice guys but they think they run the world. That is one thing odd about Germany, maybe that is true about all of Europe (I am no expert, because I have only been to a few countries).. they rarely leave their own city except for Holiday, and are oblivious to all that goes on around the surrounding communities.. at least in "the scene".. 30 miles might as well be 500 over there. All a matter of perspective I imagine.
    I can't speak for the rest of Europe, but for the UK that's kinda' true. Having lived a few places in the UK that's pretty much my experiance. Londoners won't leave London...full stop. The rest of the country will travel to London for one of the bigger clubs occasionally and travel to London to see bands but rarely travel around the rest of the country for clubs, there is a hardcore that try to attend lots of events but it is quite small.
    It's pathetic really, considering how tiny out country is!
    When I was living in Bristol ther was a time I was clubbing regularly in Bristol, London, Brighton, Leeds, Southhampton & Bradford. I rekon I'm getting too old for that now Anyway, now I'm a Londoner I don't have to leave London, it's the rules!
    Crash

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Crash
    Why would you want to leave Sweeden?
    I more or less have to. I have to study abroad (a german-speaking-country) for a semester, so I choose and was accepted to Universität Mannheim (the best in Germany and one of the best in Europe).

/Christina

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Avil

I more or less have to. I have to study abroad (a german-speaking-country) for a semester, so I choose and was accepted to Universität Mannheim (the best in Germany and one of the best in Europe).

/Christina
    In that case, congrats!
    Crash

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Crash

In that case, congrats!
    Thank you! I'm very excited!

Agree? Yes No

Hey Avil,

Just stay away from the fourth reich, and you'll be ok. Have fun and don't get pregnant or itchy.

One.

Agree? Yes No

Hey, I'm from Germany, but I don't live there anymore. Moved to the US in 2000. And yeah... until opportunity knocked, I never even considered living in another town then where I lived all my life. Moechtest Du vielleicht ein bischen Deutsch sprechen ueben bevor's los geht?

Viel Glueck und jede Menge Spass!

Agree? Yes No

One of things that annoys me the most about Belgians is that when they drive 30Km they call it a road trip already. Most won't understand why I drive 2 hours or more to go to a party on the other side of the country, in The Netherlands or in Germany.

Most are born is small shitty villages of 2000 people and they have no ambition to know more about the world. Bores me to tears. They'll marry some boy/girl from their little village and stay living there near their parents.
    Ah yes they'll leave their shitty small village to go to Turkey or somewhere in Spain in Summer, where they'll pretend to be in another country and environment but in fact they will only socialize with other tourists of their own country (of their own village if possible).
    Most of Europe is becoming stagnant. People have no ambition anymore. Average became OK.
    *steps down from soap box*
    Hmmm a shitty local party yesterday put me in this mood.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by OLMEK
    Hey Avil,

Just stay away from the fourth reich, and you'll be ok. Have fun and don't get pregnant or itchy.

One.
    Haha, thanks for your (as always) wonderful advices.

Originally posted by Y-my-R
    Hey, I'm from Germany, but I don't live there anymore. Moved to the US in 2000. And yeah... until opportunity knocked, I never even considered living in another town then where I lived all my life. Moechtest Du vielleicht ein bischen Deutsch sprechen ueben bevor's los geht?

Viel Glueck und jede Menge Spass!
    Hey,

Where in Germany did you live?

Ja, warum nicht. Ich habe viel über die deutsche Geschichte und die deutsche Wirthschaft lernen, aber ich muss mein allgemeine (?) deutsch verbessern.

/Christina

Thread Information