Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EGN Veterans

Agree? Yes No

Talking EGN Veterans

Hello everyone. I am A04 which is pronounced for whatever reason Areyo or Arejo (for people in Sweden) and I have been coming and going to EGN for several years now and seen its many incarnations.

I'd be interested to know how many veterans have come back...those who have a t-shirt, were one time blocked out of the forums for one of our fun-loving discussions...

It just seems that there is a new group of members which is cool, but I'd like to see some of the older flavor mixed in there as well.

Agree? Yes No

I strongly dislike saying, "those were the days" but what can you do or say when in fact "those were the days". Well, it looks like there are a few of the old gang lurking about here and I'm sure there are a bunch of new people that will make for some interesting times and discussions.

Anyway, it's good to see you again, A04.

Blog Entries

Agree? Yes No

I guess I am missing something from the past but I had been lurking around here for the past year or so and had been on the other forum before that was scrapped and now hang here with a few of the others that also joined in from various emails and online links.

So, not sure what is supposed to materialize here but if we just have various discussions on topics of interest then I think this place will be fine.

Blog Entries

Agree? Yes No

It would be nice to get some of the original members back and active again, but like Seraphim mentioned those days are in the past and this is a new day. IMO if this community is to grow then we need as much participation (topics and posting) from all of us to try and create a place where others, new blood, will want to join in. I was on the original site since the beginning, I think my user id was like 400 something so I have been around this site for a long time and watched all of what developed as the site grew and then shut down. I remember how hard we worked to build up membership and participation, and it was a long road even then.

So I do not think that EGN will ever be exactly what it was in the past as these are different times, but it can be what we make of it today and that is up to the people that participate here and now.
    ...I sure hope this is the real deal.

Agree? Yes No

Well hey there everyone, the old school post-whore is back in full effect!!! Well, I can safely say I won't be anywhere near the top poster this time around, but I'll be sure to chime in as often as I can...I'm really glad to see this site is still around after we all thought it was gone forever...

Greetings to all of my old friends you're all still my extended family, and to all of the new members welcome to the fold...We're a dysfunctional bunch, but the EGN has always been a good time

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Blog Entries

Agree? Yes No

Wow, Dan is here and that is really cool!!
    It's great to see you around here again Dan, welcome to the new forums.

Agree? Yes No

A04, why do people in Sweden pronounce it Arejo?

Quote Originally Posted by 7red7 View Post
    Well hey there everyone, the old school post-whore is back in full effect!!! Well, I can safely say I won't be anywhere near the top poster this time around, but I'll be sure to chime in as often as I can...I'm really glad to see this site is still around after we all thought it was gone forever...

Greetings to all of my old friends you're all still my extended family, and to all of the new members welcome to the fold...We're a dysfunctional bunch, but the EGN has always been a good time

DAN
    Hahaha, hey Dan. Good to see that you´ve come back. (and me too won't come anywhere top-posters this time.) Hehe.

/Christina

Agree? Yes No

Its kind of neat to see some folks that have a history here. I'd say welcome but I guess maybe you would more likely welcome me since I am a noob here.

Meanwhile, if there are all these other veterans out there couldn't someone just contact them and invite them back. They all probably have a myspace page, no one is really that far away anymore.

Agree? Yes No

All hail the EGN Veterans!!
    I am just messing around.

Hit me with some of that old school forum kung-fu!

Agree? Yes No

Well, if it's EGN veterans you're lookin for ... I'm still around.

Things have been a shambles for me lately but I still check in here daily, and I am trying to get my radio station back on the air. Here's hoping ...

Agree? Yes No

Like the million dollar man, EGN can rebuilt...stronger than before. Thanks for all the comments.

Avil> I did an event working with the Swedish embassy here in Tokyo and they spelled my name Arejo. I guess it's just that the 'j' in Swedish makes a 'y' sound.

Speaking of "those were the days", how come you never see "Mork and Mindy" reruns on TV...not that I would expect to here in Japan, but still.

Agree? Yes No

Quote Originally Posted by A04 View Post
    Speaking of "those were the days", how come you never see "Mork and Mindy" reruns on TV...not that I would expect to here in Japan, but still.
    That's an interesting point since I do not see the Mork & Mindy show in the US either. Seems that maybe the networks and cable channels have hit the limit on all the available content and are choosing their reruns more carefully.

But channels like TV Land that do run the older shows like The Andy Griffith show, etc. also do not run it. Maybe the show just never built up enough muster to last. "Welcome back Kotter" anyone?

Sorry if I hijacked the reunion thread.

Agree? Yes No

Hey guys i'm an EGN Vet from years back. The members who were around back then may remember me and my partner in crime AmyAGogo . Kind of annoyed that all that EGN history has been wiped. I had just been looking thru all the old posts with Amy a month or two back and reminiscing about all the great fun times and all the historical events the gang and us would comment on; the private jokes and all the playful ribbing we'd do to eachother!

I was also on the top posters list with 7Red7- doubtful i'll be on there again since i have less free time on my hands!

Talk to you all soon
    x

Blog Entries

Agree? Yes No

Hiya' Electroswank, and welcome!!!!

The EGN original forum was not wiped, it is intact and you can access it for read only from a link on the bottom of any one of the main pages on the site like from the home page. The link is called ARCHIVED FORUM on the bottom of the page.

~V

Agree? Yes No

its true
    i was also a member on the old forum and those thread are all still there it just got rolled up into an archive forum

Agree? Yes No

I've been a member for years, but never posted much.

Agree? Yes No

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky View Post
    Hiya' Electroswank, and welcome!!!!

The EGN original forum was not wiped, it is intact and you can access it for read only from a link on the bottom of any one of the main pages on the site like from the home page. The link is called ARCHIVED FORUM on the bottom of the page.

~V
    Oh good to know - the person who i heard that from then was wrong

thanks
    x

PS - just an FYI: Amy's been trying to log on to the site and gets a blank white page when she types in www.electrogarden.com Her screen name was AmyAGogo
    Last edited by Electroswank; December 18th, 2007 at 05:16 PM. Reason: just remembered :

Blog Entries

Agree? Yes No

Quote Originally Posted by Electroswank View Post
    PS - just an FYI: Amy's been trying to log on to the site and gets a blank white page when she types in www.electrogarden.com Her screen name was AmyAGogo
    Really? oooops. I'll forward this to see if we can figure that out.

Agree? Yes No

werd up 2 da original EGN playas !! howz ma homies doin?

Agree? Yes No

Hahaha, now we're getting somewhere with the old members. Good to see you electroswank and dan.

Thread Information