Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Is it just me...?

  1. #1
    Lead ElectroGardener seraphim's Avatar
    Joined
    April 10th, 2001
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,612


    Agree? Yes No

    Default Is it just me...?

    Is it just me that is incredibly bored with what’s being released lately?

    This boredom isn’t genre specific; instead it is quite an equal opportunity boredom that caters to almost every genre. Perhaps it has to do with my insatiable appetite when it comes to music and how quickly I devour and burn through it. A new release only lasts a day or two before another one is sought out and then put aside to repeat the process ad nasuem. Almost every new release doesn’t have much “new” to offer, nor do they spark any sort of fire that makes me want more. Most of what I hear these days is greeted with much…indifference.

    Perhaps I’m missing something?

    Am I overlooking or have I missed that “next great thing”?

    The only things I’ve been listening to lately are CYLAB and XS01 and a bunch of old Post-Punk things. I’m open to suggestions…

  2. #2


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    I've been feeling this way about music in general for a while, nothing new exists, just repackaged to look new...

  3. #3
    Lead ElectroGardener seraphim's Avatar
    Joined
    April 10th, 2001
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,612


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    Originally posted by intervox
    I've been feeling this way about music in general for a while, nothing new exists, just repackaged to look new...
    There are a lot of talented artists out there, don’t get me wrong. A lot of skilled people who know the formula. Still, kind of bored now. Heh.

  4. #4


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    My tastes have become so broad in the last few years, I can always find something new to listen to and enjoy. If there isn't a any new releases I'm interested in, I begin to dig around for older stuff I may have missed (or dismissed) in the past.

  5. #5
    Lead ElectroGardener seraphim's Avatar
    Joined
    April 10th, 2001
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,612


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    Originally posted by paxyll
    My tastes have become so broad in the last few years, I can always find something new to listen to and enjoy. If there isn't a any new releases I'm interested in, I begin to dig around for older stuff I may have missed (or dismissed) in the past.
    Pretty much the same here, my tastes are varied and eclectic. I’ve really been digging into the ‘forgotten’ pile of my collection (blowing off much dust). That’s really keeping me more happy than most anything I’ve picked up recently. Still though, I'd really like to be turned onto something current and exciting

  6. #6
    Lead ElectroGardener Bornslippy's Avatar
    Joined
    April 22nd, 2002
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,782


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    why do you think I started listening to KIIS and ACDC and Led Zep...To try something new for me ... Even that takes time for me to get used to..My ears have been conditioned to electronics that guitars makes me want to puke.. kidding.
    \"don\'t tell me, don\'t tell me, Depeche Mode right, yeahhh I like his stuff. Keep it up.

    Simon Lebon of Duran Duran

  7. #7


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    Isn't PWEI releasing a new CD soon Phim?

    On the topic, what I've found out about myself is that I can only take in so much at a time before I get tired with everything and think it all sucks. After awhile I start to put back in my car again and the next thing I know what I thought sucked is now brilliant to me. I am currently in the sucks part though and I just bought 3 new cds (Spetsnaz, Proceed, and the Pale reissue by Diorama).

    I was really disappointed with the new Absurd Minds cd but I can see putting that back in my player later and thinking it rocks somehow.
    I am on myspace because no one else is.:
    Scar Chemik

  8. #8


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    The last time I was completely blown away by something new was 2003! That was Alice In Videoland's first release. Sure there have been a few records in the last few years that I have loved, Rupesh Cartel, Universal Poplab, Shiny Toy Guns etc... but they have all been really good albums in a style I really like...good, but unsurprisingly good. When Alice In Videoland came out however I was bowled over, they sounded fresh and unlike anything I'd heard as well as expertly crafted.
    So It's been two years I've been waiting to feel about a new discovery the way I felt about that record!
    If you haven't heard them, check them out. You might like!
    There are a few exiting things on the horizon, Pet Shop Boys, Camouflage and now Echo Image, all this year. I'm pretty sure I will love all three of these releases but I'll have to see if they 'blow me away'.
    I sometimes know how you feel though; maybe it's music overload?
    Crash

  9. #9
    Lead ElectroGardener NoirTech's Avatar
    Joined
    April 4th, 2001
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    2,530


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    I LOVE Alice In Videoland.
    I agree. There sound totally blew me away as well.
    ------------------------------
    www.myspace.com/noirtech
    ------------------------------

  10. #10
    Lead ElectroGardener seraphim's Avatar
    Joined
    April 10th, 2001
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,612


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    Originally posted by Scar Chemik
    Isn't PWEI releasing a new CD soon Phim?

    On the topic, what I've found out about myself is that I can only take in so much at a time before I get tired with everything and think it all sucks. After awhile I start to put back in my car again and the next thing I know what I thought sucked is now brilliant to me. I am currently in the sucks part though and I just bought 3 new cds (Spetsnaz, Proceed, and the Pale reissue by Diorama).

    I was really disappointed with the new Absurd Minds cd but I can see putting that back in my player later and thinking it rocks somehow.
    Yup. That is the rumor and talk going 'round town, that the boys are back in the studio working on some new tracks (which are due out sometime later this year). Seriously, that was some of the best news I had heard in a long time (other than, "Hey the new Cylab album is being shipped out to stores in a few days").

    I'm really looking forward to this new Poppies album, as the last was brilliant (imho). They SO don't get the credit they're deserving of. You've heard their snippets of the new material, right?

    Hm, yeah. Back on topic, I think the majority of my problem is that I tend to really listen to one style full force (I need to go back to the days of listening to many different styles a day). I think perhaps coming off DJing at a club where I had to hear and spin "Helektro" and "TerrorEBM" week-in and week-out just killed it for me. Plus just seeing too many of those bands playing to a laptop with the other members going through the motions of playing just kills the musical soul in me. Ha, ha.

    I'll have to disagree with you about the latest (Absurd)Minds though, as I enjoy it (more for the lyrical content than the musical, admittedly).

  11. #11


    Agree? Yes No

    Default Re: Is it just me...?

    Originally posted by seraphim
    Is it just me that is incredibly bored with what’s being released lately?

    This boredom isn’t genre specific; instead it is quite an equal opportunity boredom that caters to almost every genre. Perhaps it has to do with my insatiable appetite when it comes to music and how quickly I devour and burn through it. A new release only lasts a day or two before another one is sought out and then put aside to repeat the process ad nasuem. Almost every new release doesn’t have much “new” to offer, nor do they spark any sort of fire that makes me want more. Most of what I hear these days is greeted with much…indifference.

    Perhaps I’m missing something?

    Am I overlooking or have I missed that “next great thing”?
    No, i've felt the same way for like three years now... you're not alone.

  12. #12


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    Originally posted by seraphim
    I think perhaps coming off DJing at a club where I had to hear and spin "Helektro" and "TerrorEBM" week-in and week-out just killed it for me.
    Yup, that'd just about do it!
    Crash

  13. #13


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    Originally posted by seraphim


    I'm really looking forward to this new Poppies album, as the last was brilliant (imho). They SO don't get the credit they're deserving of. You've heard their snippets of the new material, right?

    Poppies? You mean Puppies? I've never heard of Poppies and if it is the Puppies then no, I didn't know they were working on a new one. I loved GRoTR but I am in the minority apparently.
    I am on myspace because no one else is.:
    Scar Chemik

  14. #14


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    Im actualy looking back at late 80's early 90's dance. Some songs I overlooked. Also one band I never bothered listening to them actually getting quite into Carter The Unstopabble Sex Machine (C.U.S.M) recently.

    They were a local band from New Cross and done very well in uk Charts in early 90's they sought of we're Indie/britpop in the sense of being non 60's ish and very alternative, there was a rock punkinfluence and also a electronic element.

    Also I dug out the Paradise Lost - Host its very electronic album and was a bit of a culture shock for mettalers when it came out. Excelent Album... Some Good New Dance (well alt-dance-electro) acts out there. Half of them dont get the radio play or promotion they deserve..
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

    http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

  15. #15
    Lead ElectroGardener NoirTech's Avatar
    Joined
    April 4th, 2001
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    2,530


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    When I was living in Germany I was very into Carter USM. Great great underated band.
    ------------------------------
    www.myspace.com/noirtech
    ------------------------------

  16. #16
    Lead ElectroGardener seraphim's Avatar
    Joined
    April 10th, 2001
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,612


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    Originally posted by Scar Chemik


    Poppies? You mean Puppies? I've never heard of Poppies and if it is the Puppies then no, I didn't know they were working on a new one. I loved GRoTR but I am in the minority apparently.
    Ha, ha. No. Poppies as in Pop Will Eat Itself. ;p


    Originally posted by NoirTech
    When I was living in Germany I was very into Carter USM. Great great underated band.
    I have mad respect for anyone who names themself, Fruitbat. Carter USM were great. I listened to them a lot back in the day, along with EMF and Jesus Jones (Liquifier, their first album, right? was really good, then I dont know what happened to them).

  17. #17


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    mmm, did somebody say CARTER USM - the most underrated and talented British band to never gain proper recognition??

    1992 - The Love Album = pure genius
    \"I\'m just an ordinary man
    With extraordinary hands
    I don\'t want to hear your answers
    I don\'t have the big plan\"

  18. #18


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    I had a 'run-in' with Fruitbat once, it was backstage at a PWEI gig they were supporting. He was fucked and being all leary over my then girlfriend and a bit of a twat, I think he was married at the time too. There was violence...I was young and impulsive.
    Still used to like CarterUSM though, 'Bloodsport for all' rocks!
    Crash

  19. #19


    Agree? Yes No

    Default

    yes i here mr carter another carter like myself from new cross was quite a wild card... I think if he was leary he got what he deserved .
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

    http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

EGN Keywords

,

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


ELECTROGARDEN | ARTIST NETWORK | TRACKS | MORE TRACKS | ARTISTS | MORE ARTISTS
NEWS | LIFE IS MUSIC | MAINSTREAM ARTICLES | ARTICLES | REVIEWS | FORUM | ARCHIVE | STORE | CONTACT | TERMS OF USE
THE ELECTROGARDEN NETWORK is a Trademark of ELECTROGARDEN.COM.
Copyright © 1999-2018 ELECTROGARDEN.COM, all rights reserved
Subscribers to Electrogarden Network Forums Feed Tweet this page! TWEET