Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Provision's 3rd Album / Official Release and More...

Agree? Yes No

Default Provision's 3rd Album / Official Release and More...

Greetings Everyone,

We've been hard at work with finishing up everything on our 3rd
    album, and the mixdown of the album took longer than expected...About 18 days actually.. but we had 3 of us doing it on multiple systems, so it'll be completely worth it in the end.

For the record, and so everyone knows...

The Recording of the album was completed on 12-31-05.
    (2 weeks earlier than expected)
    That's right, we actually finished the last 2 tracks on New Years Eve and celebrated that night. And you can bet we got our Drink On!!!

The mixdown endured 3 weeks of tests and changes, but we think this has to be the most effort we've ever put into anything we've done. So the release date was be pushed up, but only by 3 weeks. Everything is running along smooth. The album went to press on 2-14-06 (Our Original Release Date) and I spoke with the plant yesteday about the current status.

The album shipped out yesterday, and the Official Release Date
    is Saturday March 11th 2006!!!

The Official Provision Website is now updated, and features MP3 samples of each track on our new album. And!!! You can Purchase it as a "Consequence Pre-Order Promo Package" that includes:

The Consequence Album (Autographed if you prefer)
    A Consequence T-Shirt (In Black with White Ink, or Red with Black Ink)
    2 Provision Logo/Name Stickers
    2 Provision The Consequence Symbol Stickers
    And a special gift, your choice of one Free C.D. from us!!!

Heres the link for more info on this Exclusive offer- http://www.provision-musik.net/Consequence.html

Our New Record Label - Section 44 has posted a "FREE MP3 Download" on their website of the track - "Perversions of Conventional Warfare" at:
    http://www.section44.com/download.html

This track will be on our first Dual Single along with "Ideal". Perversions of Conventional Warfare is a song about how clubbing and the dating scene in general is like fighting a war, and how the Danceloor and a Nightclub can become a battleground for sex. The track is about Sex, Drinking,
    Jelousy, Drinking, Sex, Drinking, Love, Drinking, Lies, Drinking,
    Sex, Deceit, and uhhhhh did I mention Drinking???? :P
    Check it out, give it a spin. Let us know what you think.

And don't forget the Event you do not want to miss!!!

"Red Square @ Underworld" - Saturday March 11th 2006, Provision performs their 5th show at the Legendary Numbers Nightclub in Houston, Texas celebrating the release of The Consequence with Special Guests - Asmodeus X.

If you haven't already caught the post about it... Check our "Live"
    page located at - http://www.provision-musik.net/Live.html
    for all the infomation on this upcoming event!!!

If you don't take advantage of "The Consequence Pre-Order Promo Package" available from us, though our Official Website; you can Pre-Order The Consequence Now through -http://www.adifferentdrum.com and also very soon at http://www.musicnonstop.co.uk/store/erol.html

We will also have Consequence T-Shirts available on the site in a few weeks. We'll be adding Girlie T's, and of course you can pick
    up the regular T-Shirts on March 11th @ Numbers if you come out to the Official C.D. Release Party / Performance.

That's about it for now.
    Thank you all again for your continued support.
    You guys are the best!
    We Love You All!

Breye 7x

P.S. Keep your eyes peeled, The Consequence is coming!
    Section 44 Records
    Los Angeles Denver Houston
    http://www.section44.com

Agree? Yes No

Hey Breye...
    do you guys plan to be doing record release parties? Let us know.
    Can't wait to hear the new album. Woot!
    ------------------------------
    www.myspace.com/noirtech
    ------------------------------

Agree? Yes No

Breye somthing is confusing me if you are A+R for Section 44 and you we're signed to Section 44 did you sign yourself?
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Kirlian Blue
    Breye somthing is confusing me if you are A+R for Section 44 and you we're signed to Section 44 did you sign yourself?
    Well the true job of A & R is not to sign but simply to scout for new acts.

No I didn't sign myself. hahaha. That's would've been awesome though. ROFL....

Randall and Pierre started Section 44 as an outlet to release the Fixx and Dead or Alive Tributes when no other labels were interested in putting them out. I spoke with Steven of Eloquent at the last A.D.D. fest in regards to whom Eloquent would be releasing their 2nd album with and let him in on the few labels I'd talked to about releasing our 3rd one on.

In the end since Randall is in Eloquent too, it only made since for the 4 of us to form a label together to release our albums and then expand over time.

But to answer your question, Steven brought it up to Randall and Pierre, and they actaully signed Provision. I became a co-label head right after.

Breye 7x
    Section 44 Records

Agree? Yes No

Cheer's.. Just thought it looked a bit odd..
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by NoirTech
    Hey Breye...
    do you guys plan to be doing record release parties? Let us know.
    Can't wait to hear the new album. Woot!
    Yes, we definately will!!
    And you know I'll get in touch with you soon.

Cheers!

Breye 7x

Originally posted by Kirlian Blue
    Cheer's.. Just thought it looked a bit odd..
    I understand, it's cool.

Randall's main influence for Section 44 was Factory Records (Joy Division, New Order, etc...)

A label run by more than one big head, doing everything and making all the decisions.

I think it works, and with all the individual experiance we bring to the table, in working together it makes us stronger I think than some labels who only have one person doing everything and limited experiance.

Breye 7x
    Section 44 Records

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Breye 7x

No I didn't sign myself. hahaha. That's would've been awesome though. ROFL....
    I thought signing yourself was better known as being "self-released"?
    :runs away:
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by labrat

I thought signing yourself was better known as being "self-released"?
    :runs away:
    We self released a handfull of albums and E.P.'s but we did it under the name of our studio Red Square Digital.
    I never considered that we signed ourselves because R.S.D. is not and has never been a label.

In the talks with Steven, Randall, and Pierre it was very much like an interview, and we talked in length about long term goals with Provision. The decision to sign us came after careful consideration and the decision that they were going to press forward as a real label, rather than just an idea that began from an outlet to release compilations. Provision was the first real signing, with Eloquent following us, and then the KMA buyout.

the guys at S44 knew I had the experiance to be a valueable member of the team, and the offer for me to become part label owner was something I had to consider financially and artistically. It is something I had always toyed with doing one day, but never would have done with R.S.D. And like Provision, it's something I'd never want to do alone.

I believe in success in numbers, and I was behind Randall's theory that a team of us could probably do this much better than just one of us on our own. We all have extensive experiance and specific abilities that we bring to the table, with no power trips or attitudes getting out of line. We're a team working together for a common goal. That's the foundation of Section 44.

Breye 7x
    Section 44 Records

Agree? Yes No

Thought I'd pipe-in. Yes, Breye approached us to release The Consequences. We knew that he was one of the hardest working guys out there with promotion and touring. So, we offered him a position of leadership with the label while releasing his material.

There are some similarities with Factory Records.. minus flushing money down the toilet with a night club and having New Order on the label. I really liked the idea that a collection of artists were all under one collective after the same thing... to release and promote music. There's an organic element working behind the scenes. Things are happening at a pace that's natural. Not growing too big. Not ignoring any band. Everybody is on equal footing. Why just promote one band when we can promote six or twelve?

Our combined interests are pooled together to get tasks done. For instance, advertising. No one band can afford a full-page ad in Side-Line, but we come together to be strong as a team. Together, the collective under one unified name have more longevity and positive imagery. Makes sense to us. That's how we're dong things. Call it a label. Call it a club. Call it what you want. But we're here to stay. As seven bands or 100.

Randall
    www.tristraum.com

test

Agree? Yes No

I just ordered the promo package. I didn't see a place to indicate what kind of shirt or cd I'd like to get. Did I miss something? LOL. I have all your cds as it is, so this isn't really all that necessary. I just want to support you as much as I can. You deserve it. You rock!

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Stephanie
    I just ordered the promo package. I didn't see a place to indicate what kind of shirt or cd I'd like to get. Did I miss something? LOL. I have all your cds as it is, so this isn't really all that necessary. I just want to support you as much as I can. You deserve it. You rock!
    No, you didn't miss anything, Steph. You can send Breye and company an email with the details; otherwise they'll contact you. I got my package last Friday, and am really enjoying the new album. (Thanks to the entire band for autographing it for me! You guys rock and so does the music!!!) It has a little less dancey edginess that I associate with Provision, but their signature sound is still there. "Ideal", "Defying Culture", and "Perversions of Conventional Warfare" are my fave tracks. Also (maybe this is just me???) but it sounds like the vocals are a little farther down in the mix than on the previous two albums. It makes the music stand out more though, so that's not a bad thing.
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Thread Information