Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Britain Needs another Punk Scene

Agree? Yes No

Mike I do prey that is the case but PHD is going for the mid sized labels (money wise i can see why) But like everything that becomes big give it a few years and a Major will be sniffing around to buy it out...
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Agree? Yes No

Isn't that just good business sense though? They are now in a position where they don't HAVE to distribute every label and can pick and choose.

Indie musicians and labels think that PHD are the be all and end all of alternative distribution in the UK but they are not. Seriously, have a look at some of the others names mentioned in my pervious post.

Rivetmike

Agree? Yes No

will do mate... One of the names is new to my ears...
    this is the new s**t

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Kirlian Blue

Punk does not have to be all Guitar , Im sick and tired of all Guitar bands.. I like crossover just not the Indie mulleted f**kwits who claim to be alternative but are just typical shoegazers with no originality . I do think the Music scene has been to long governed by Manchester a shift to london and the south would gvve it a fresher sound well away from all that Indie Crap...
    Fuck Shoegazers

Agree? Yes No

I rarely listen to the radio or watch any music channels for I know they don't nor will they ever cater to the music I listen to so I just don't bother. I often get asked the question as to how I tend to find out about new music. I find out about bands/artists through friends, magazines and by going out to a club like what people used to do. The net was never available and thankfully it is easier now to explore with the click of a mouse these days. Before the net that's what I did. I just went out and was determined to find what I was looking for with other alternatives. I've fallen in love with the synthpop/industrial/ebm(whatever you call it) scene with the result of that. Sometimes it was a hit or a miss, but in the end I've found exactly what I've been looking for through this genre of music. I believe it's up to the individual to do some exploring to find what they're looking for with other alternatives besides radio or television.
    \"Squish Is What Jelly Fish Do\"

Agree? Yes No

Problem with this genre the Amatures with little skill can be as big as a Professional's. Just look at the bands list on this place. You have some High End and some Low End artists/acts. Majority of plays and hype goes ot the Low End Amature stuff.

Seriously people saying they love Bubblegum amazes me. They whinge that Synthpop aint big. But like the worse sounding, badly produced, talantless crap. No wonder this sub genre is so small...
    this is the new s**t

Agree? Yes No

Lightbulb punkelctro

There is a lot of shit attitutes around at the moment and no -one seems to have a clue about anything people walk around and don't think for themselves Most of the bands today can be threaded back and have stolen their style and dress sense from some where or other. The charts are just a joke the thing about punk is that is was for a small segment of society that did not want the brainwash shit that was being pandered to them at the time. The same can be said for attitutes now anything electronic seems to be the only place that has any ideas thast are fresh and looking to the future.

Agree? Yes No

The UK charts and radio are all s**t now. I only bother with online radio statitions now (ebm radio/digital gunfire etc) and then I have to put up with the DM/VNV Clones on them. I agree theres to many bands with zero orignailty and the lyrics of most bands now days on every scene seem to be bland and the same. Theirs very few bands who take any risks or dare do something new and theirs virtually no label which will release it when they do in most cases.
    this is the new s**t

Agree? Yes No

Default Is it gbh or ghb?

The punks hated hippies the mods hated rockers. The main difference with the punks was the ethic that the music should be based on attitude as much as performance, not so much that the music was bland at the time, but it was mostly cock rock or middle of the road stuff. But th ediffernece in england was that punk was anti-establishment, anti-royal. They meant to shake up the establishment to scare people into changing things, th emedia picked up on it mainly because what they was saying was true, but a think post punk was much more interesting.as music was being made by intelligent kids who had been given the idea that they could do music for themselves. Each music movement from the 40,s onwards has been driven by a select drug jazz musicainswere into skag,hippies liked lsd punks loved thier speed ravers had ecstasy. Now you,ve got ghb which just makes you comatose, for eight hours. Or people just want to lose themsleves in oblivion to hard house on a saturday night.

Thread Information