Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: de/vision + iris tour 2006

Agree? Yes No

Yeah, I totally forgot about what else was going on. I remember seeing the guys from andone in the park on Sunday, seeing the guys from Covenant walking on queen st. I also checked out the dark rave that was going on in reverb on that saturday and saw the guy from T.O.Y. So many memories and met a ton of people, I wish they would do that again but basically all the support came from the states and other countries. Talked to the guys from Stormingthebase.com and todd from adifferentdrum.com I would gladly pay 150.00 again to see 15 bands. I still have my id badge they gave us plus bought 2 more in different colours.
    DJ Arcatek

Agree? Yes No

"And One just blew Mesh away with that performance, and Mesh is my favorite band."

What? You think? I thought And One sounded horribly off key that night! It was sort of too bad. I actually preferred the Toronto mesh show to the Weissenfels show I saw in Germany a year later.

Tara

Agree? Yes No

I found this snippet from a January 06 article at shout.ru. I hope that what Thomas says is true. I wish that I could go to that PlusWelt show to see De/Vision, Iris, and Beborn Beton. I've seen Iris and Beborn Beton live, but I've never seen De/Vision live.

Alex: Also I guess De/Vision's page on MySpace is your attempt to reach your American listeners, right?

Thomas: Yes, of course. MySpace is a very popular platform and a great chance to get into contact with American listeners/fans but also with fans from all over the world. And since we have planned to play some shows in the U.S. towards the end of the year, MySpace is just the perfect tool in order to mobilize our American fans.

Agree? Yes No

You lucky bastiches and your synthpopalooza. When I first saw that lineup I wet myself.

Agree? Yes No

November..

Agree? Yes No

I SO wish that there would be another SPGTW.

But without a garbage workers' strike. *whorf!* There was enough goose shit between the venue and our hotel to choke a horse; and Kevin from A23's hard case wheels fucking MELTED on the way back to the hotel; as in, literally melted and fell off the case by the time we got back because the asphalt trail to the hotel was sooooo hot. Good LORD it was hot out that weekend....and I survived on booze for most of it and didn't get sick. Ahhh, good times...

Any-hee; I understand that there was supposed to be some sort of De/Vision tour over here; our local booker has mentioned it before; but I haven't heard anything since. They are not played on a lot of dancefloors in this country, and neither are Mesh, which is a shame.

Agree? Yes No

You have some inside info, Tara? :0) I really want to see De/Vision live.

lol at fritter! I was at SGTW. I remember seeing all of that trash that lined the city streets, and it was hot. I enjoyed the city. I even got to go to the Sky Dome to watch the Blue Jays play the Expos.

Agree? Yes No

De/vision themselves has said they want to come and play shows in America... it's just a matter of making it work. It'll happen though. I mean VNV has done shows, so there is no reason why De/vision couldn't.

I'd personally like to see De/vision tour with Iris here in the States and then Apop do a tour here a couple months after that with someone like Icon of Coil or Sweep opening.

Agree? Yes No

I really like your thinking, Joel! De/Vision and Iris have done two European tours together. It's time that they do a North American tour together. What's going on with Sweep? I liked their debut album a lot which is saying a lot because I don't really care for too many ADD bands. I don't know when Icon of Coil will ever see the light of day again with Andy doing his CombiChrist/Panzer AG/DJ thing and Sebastian doing his Moonitor/Monofader/Zombie Girl thing.

Agree? Yes No

"I'd personally like to see De/vision tour with Iris here in the States and then Apop do a tour here a couple months after that with someone like Icon of Coil or Sweep opening."

Yes..Apop is the one god damned band I have not seen yet. I missed the ONE show they ever played herein Toronto because it was in 1998 and it was the night I returned from the states after following DM. I was too busy basking in having hung out with DM the night before to care to go.

Now I regret not going..bah..

I spoke with Thomas and Steffen and yes..there are plans. But nothing is set in stone yet. But plans have been laid - it's not just a "oh, yeah we're thinking about it!" All I can say is in your own respective areas, start plugging De/Vision and requesting that DJ's play them. Maybe if you get more ppl hyped up it might look all the better for those who are putting the tour together.

Tara

Here are a few pics I took!

Thomas and I:

Steffen and I:

Live!

Tara

Agree? Yes No

I can't believe that I've actually seen a band that Tara hasn't seen! :0) I saw APB back in 2001 at the TransCommunion Festival. Except Europa, CTRL, iris, cut.rate.box, and Clear Vision all played there as well.

Those are great pics of De/Vision! Your concert pics are really up close. That must've been cool getting to hang out with them. I'm glad that plans have been laid for a North American tour. That means something is getting started.

Agree? Yes No

Great pics, Tara. No disrespect, but you and Thomas kinda look like brother and sister, no? Thanks for posting!
    \"I\'m just an ordinary man
    With extraordinary hands
    I don\'t want to hear your answers
    I don\'t have the big plan\"

Agree? Yes No

I have some video from the shows too.. I'll post that tonight. Dan1boy - nah, no disrespect. Same angular face structure? Dunno, never looked at it that way!

I was just happy to meet them and get pics.

Tara

Agree? Yes No

Hey Tara!

You could possibly be the coolest chick ever!
    www.myspace.com/bravenewworldmusic

Agree? Yes No

k, I lied - I ran out of time last night. I'll have the video up for Thursday night.

Tara

Agree? Yes No

Alright, some of these are big mind you, and the sound doesn't come through.. But these are the best De/Vision videos from the shows that I got. You'll see why it would be so awesome to see TWO hours of this..

Berlin - The End - Steffen having fun with Lars and Thomas sings.
    http://download.yousendit.com/2EAE72022D52C586

Berlin - Subtronic - great concert opening!
    http://download.yousendit.com/DD0B7F173099CABB

Hamburg - My Own Worst Enemy - some of the sound actually isn't garbled! This was sooo nice live.
    http://download.yousendit.com/525CF9BC4622E690

Tara

Thread Information