Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Your Job Title

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Crash

Becasuse 90% of AOL coustomers (I'm speaking about the UK at least) have no idea their is any alternative.
    For instance, with AOL having it's own software to access it's own news, it's own chat, it's own groups & boards, it's own sites etc.. you would be astounded to discover just how many AOL users really have no clue the internet exists outside of the "AOL internet", seriously they think thats all their is.
    Sad, isn't it?
    I can't imagine only using AOL

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by cliffwalk

I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve been working professionally with the Internet since it went commercial... in most people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s world that\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s the \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"lifetime\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" of the internet...

If you would have told me in 1993 that AOL would still have customers in 2006 I would have BEGGED you for the number to your dealer.

I have NO IDEA.. NO CLUE. why? how? what the FAHHHHK?

AOL barely gets by selling their services. They were in a serious financial trouble few months ago until Google came into a rescure and dump some money on them. AOL makes more money from suggestions than sales of their services.
    Earning money is not always about trading goods and services for cash. Some times, it is all about the entitlements and representation by the masses. We live in an information age. It is proven information is never traveled equally. Some times, it travels in unusal geometric patterns. That\'s why a simple secret knowledge has made people millions.
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by ElectroSwank

Sad, isn't it?
    I can't imagine only using AOL
    I just... it's foreign to me... to not "get" it.

I don't know anyone that doesn't get it enough to know that AOL is a useless chunk of crap to even have installed on your machine.

Dave
    If you\'re reading this, you have a tiny penis.

Agree? Yes No

Well I've heard some horror stories and I truly feel bad for some of the people I've filed claims for...

AOL will take your card number when you install a free trial disc and then auto debit your card once a month and automatically sign you up for extra services without notifying you...Also, they will give you your cancellation number and still bill you for the service...

I have had to play mediator at times and call in for a cardholder and those idiots at AOL are some of the most completely moronic people I've ever encountered...

I kid you not, this was one conversation...And I can vouch this is the way they are paid to act toward people who call into their customer service department...

Me: Good evening, my name is (...) agent number (...) with Bank Of America Visa...I'm calling on behalf of a mutual client of ours Mrs. ??? We'd like to reconcile a few erronious charges on her statements for the past three months.

AOL: Are you the account holder?

Me: No sir, again I am with Visa, I have legal right to discuss this account as our mutual client is disupting their current due charges as being erronious.

AOL: Can I have the account holders name please?

Me: Sure it's Mrs. (...)...

AOL: I'm sorry that is not the name on this account...

Me: This client has been receiving billing statements charged to her Visa card for the past six years, yes I can assure you her name is on this account. If it isn't, then I must advise you that AOL may be in fact charging the wrong card number..

AOL: Okay...*places me on hold without any warning*

AOL: I'm sorry sir but I'm going to have to speak to Blackheart Darts and Billiards...

Me: Excuse me sir, but that would be impossible...*wait for it, wait for it*

AOL: And whay is that sir?

Me: That would be impossible sir because that is the name of the business this Visa card is under, and Mrs. (...) is the owneer of said business...To speak with Blackheart Darts would mean you would be speaking to a mass of concrete, brick, and whatever else their location is constructed out of...

AOL: Well sir I am going to have to speak to Blackheart Darts if I am to discuss anything about their account...

I shit you not, this went on for another five minutes or so until I got fed up with this moron and brought the woman on the line to talk with him and I advised her of what was going on before I brought her on...When she came on, she told him her name was Blackheart Darts and the freaking idiot took her word for it...

AOL I fart in your general direction for you are the worst company of all time...I literally file at least ten AOL claims per day, of which at least one will turn into me having to call AOL personally...

And now back to your regularly scheduled program...

DAN
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

AOL was very hard on cash last year, so they hired outsource Customer Service companies to convince you to stay. It might change little bit, because now they have some cash for P.R. They were so hard up on cash in the past, they didn\'t care. AOL also makes money by bundling their AOL software with others. They get some few changes when an user installs the optional software and authenticate to an unique IP with an account. It is a basic business for survival when stock prices are falling. When stock holders are yelling, top level business decision makers worry about losing their jobs by the top stock holders. However, reversing poor customer relationship costs more money down the line when options are large for today\'s consumers. I am not a fan of AOL. I stop using them in the mid 90s, but I understand why they make their decisions in an unlogical way.
    www.myspace.com/pswk

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

- Charles Baudelaire

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

Agree? Yes No

Bad AOL coutomer servise story No. 01:
    Many years ago I worked for AOL in tech support, well it was actually CompuServe but by then it was all the same thing. I worked the CompuServe tech helpdesk, I was in second line, supporting two products, CompuServe & CompuServe2000.
    About six months after 9/11 (I'll tell you why that is relevant later) AOL decided to discontinue CompuServe2000 with no compensation, offers or, most importantly, warning to the users (even though AOL had decided on this months prior).
    Of course the complaints started rolling in. People relied on this service, particularly as it was geared toward small businesses.
    So what do AOL do? They dedicate the Billing/Cousomer line to sales and deliberatly bounce complaint calls to Tech Support...without briefing Tech Support or Telling us what to say, if we could offer anything etc... I can fix you DUN or Router but I don't know shit about your account, I've never been trained to and frankly never want to...but we got the calls none the less.
    Example of calls...one guy who ran a Holiday Homes business in the English countryside (most of his business was US tourists). His email address, his CompuServe2000 email address, had just gone out in tens of thousands of holiday brochures and catalogs and mailing lists all over the world. His company's main point of contact had just been stripped from him with no explanation or alternative (AOL didn't even offer email forwarding!). This guy was crying down the phone to me, half of his business had crumpled after 9/11 and the travel slump, and this would just kill the rest, he was finished! And it was me..a computer geek in Tech Support who AOL fobbed off the call to! What the fuck was I supposed to say to this man who was essentialy ruined? I was just told to get rid of him a soon as possible so I could take some more peak rate calls!
    The didn't give two fucks about their users!
    Two weeks later I quit because they wouldn't give me time off as my band was playing EuroRock in Belgium! Fuckers!
    Crash

Agree? Yes No

my gosh! how is it that a company with such business practice can even stay in business ... that's like wal-mart and their stupid smiley face! WalMart isn't fun, no one there is happy ... but people still go there in droves. Aol and their crappy little running stick figure. *arg*

i was an aol user for a couple of years .. and it did take me a couple of weeks to realize i could use Internet explorer to get on the net. i am so glad to be away from those fockers!

And yeh i had some fun calls... one tip; never mention suing them .. they will hang up on you. The minute you talk about taking legal action 'supposedly' they can 't continue the conversation with you.

sucky service, sucky product ... what is it the marketing?

i dunno; i don't get it
    it\'s a pleasure to be here
    and an honour to meet you ...

Agree? Yes No

their marketing?
    same thing applies to most large tech companies, a little information you have more money they can make. that\'s what happens when you sell science to the masses.
    www.myspace.com/pswk

- Pablo Picasso

- Charles Baudelaire

Thread Information