Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite Erasure CD?

Agree? Yes No

Question Your favorite Erasure CD?

Ya love 'em, ya hate 'em...it's all good, baby. What's their best CD?

For me, without hesitation: I Say I Say I Say. It's the perfect Erasure album. Andy's hitting those highs and lows, and Vince's synths are thumping, thipping, and gurgling in all their analog glory. Even the B-sides kick ass..check out the "I love Saturday" single with "Ghost", "Truly Madly Deeply" and "Tragic".
    Complicating. Circulating.
    Operating. Generating.

Agree? Yes No

I Say I Say I Say is a brilliant album!!! I'm also a huge fan of the self-titled because Rock Me Gently is my all time favorite track by the band...

Last year, the wife and I went to see The Erasure show for the Nightbird tour...Excellent concert, and that album has quickly risen to the top of my Erasure list...I know it's all soft synths, but man is it great music
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Chorus !!!!
    Shervin

Agree? Yes No

I we're gonna list some favorite b-sides though I'm going to go with:

Supernature
    Waiting For Sex
    NO GDM

Awesome stuff...When are we gonna get a b-sides collection already??? Some of the b-sides are better than the album tracks
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Wow that's hard I can't pick just one! lol If I had to it'd be I Say I Say I Say. The new album, Union Street, looks like it's going to be beautiful though... click here for some clips if you didn't hear them yet:
    http://www.erasureinfo.com/releases/...ionstreet.html

Originally posted by 7red7
    I we're gonna list some favorite b-sides though I'm going to go with:

Supernature
    Waiting For Sex
    NO GDM

Awesome stuff...When are we gonna get a b-sides collection already??? Some of the b-sides are better than the album tracks
    I know - I bought Kris all four singles box sets! It would be nice to have the bsides and rare songs on like a double disc set or whatever.

Agree? Yes No

Although I have been informed by my lovely wife that if in fact we do get an Erasure b-sides collection, it might be the last release we get from them...

Legend has it that if they release a b-sides collection it would be their going away present so to speak...

Although that info may have changed and god know sthey aren't anywhere near taking a neverending hiatus...There is Union Street and they are already writing for a new studio album as well

It just hit me that Erasure have officially been going strong for over 20 years now

Agree? Yes No

I would say Chorus or The Innocents

Agree? Yes No

I would vote for Wonderland, their first album. I listened to it the other day and it's SO catchy. It has aged better than other things...

Agree? Yes No

1. The Innocents
    2. The Innocents
    3. The innocents

10 (or something like that): erasure
    11. chorus

PS: If abba-esque we're a full lenght it might have squeezed in at numer 7 or so.

PPS: Loveboat is highly underrated.

Agree? Yes No

I like Chorus.
    ------------------------------
    www.myspace.com/noirtech
    ------------------------------

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by 7red7
    I Say I Say I Say is a brilliant album!!! I'm also a huge fan of the self-titled because Rock Me Gently is my all time favorite track by the band...

Last year, the wife and I went to see The Erasure show for the Nightbird tour...Excellent concert, and that album has quickly risen to the top of my Erasure list...I know it's all soft synths, but man is it great music
    Chorus is my favourite..beside Wild (For the song brother and sisters mostely)

And i also love their early albums but they are a little bit outdated today..
    Krister Petersson

Agree? Yes No

Chorus is my favourite album, but The Innocents means the most to me if you get what I mean.
    Chorus has my favourite songs on but The Innocents brings back a lot of memories. When I hear Ship Of Fools I can see certain faces, hear cartain voices, I can actually smell a certain somwhere...big nostalgia trip.
    Still, Chorus is the best!

--edit-- And this thread has made me listen to The Innocents. Wow!, there are very few songs that can really conjure up smells in my head!
    Crash

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Crash
    --edit-- And this thread has made me listen to The Innocents. Wow!, there are very few songs that can really conjure up smells in my head!
    hope they are pleasant ones

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by ElectroSwank
    hope they are pleasant ones
    Thankfuly yes!
    Crash

Agree? Yes No

can you imagine? ''this track reminds me scooping elephant poop! - ahhh memories''

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by ElectroSwank
    can you imagine? ''this track reminds me scooping elephant poop! - ahhh memories''
    LOL
    Crash

Agree? Yes No

For me it's Chorus or The Innocents. The Innocents came out when I was 18 years old and going through some really rough relationships. The Innocents is so emotional and to me when you experience hardships and listen to albums repeatedly during those hardships, they usually end up as your favorite. Just like Black Celebration is my favorite DM because back when I was 16 the world seemed to come crashing down around me and that record hit home.

Lead ElectroGardener Bornslippy's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

Nightbird, Chorus and Cowboy.
    \"don\'t tell me, don\'t tell me, Depeche Mode right, yeahhh I like his stuff. Keep it up.

Simon Lebon of Duran Duran

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by emicanal
    I would vote for Wonderland, their first album. I listened to it the other day and it's SO catchy. It has aged better than other things...
    You know, Wonderland is really good. "Heavenly Action"...classic.
    Complicating. Circulating.
    Operating. Generating.

Agree? Yes No

It changes periodically...Right now, it's probably The Innocents.
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Thread Information