Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy Valentine's Day

Agree? Yes No

Oh I agree completely...Nothing like snuggling under the covers and and catching up on our TiVo!!!

Oh what a blessed piece of heaven the TiVo has become in our house
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

ahh, you have Tivo - We have digital cable and netflix!

Agree? Yes No

We have the digital cable setup, but our crappy provider hasn't forked over the On Demand feature yet so we're stuck without good movies to watch without a trip to the video store...

How is does NetFlix work exactly??? Is it an automatic payment through a credit card monthly??? And as for the movies themselves, do you only get a new one in the mail once they have received the old one back???
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by 7red7
    We have the digital cable setup, but our crappy provider hasn't forked over the On Demand feature yet so we're stuck without good movies to watch without a trip to the video store...

How is does NetFlix work exactly??? Is it an automatic payment through a credit card monthly??? And as for the movies themselves, do you only get a new one in the mail once they have received the old one back???
    Exactly! Thats just how it works. There are different packages tho. We do the 3 movies at a time. So we always have 3 films. You can do the 1 at a time for less, or 2 at a time... depends on how much time you spend watching movies.

Agree? Yes No

That sounds awesome!!! As for returning the movies though...Are you responsible for the envelopes and postage, or do the movies come in a pre-addressed packaging???

We tend to stay fairly busy with our television programs, but if I can get a new release at my fingertips guaranteed than I'd be all over that if the package deal was fairly priced

Agree? Yes No

The movies come in this really clever packaging that turns into a self adressed and prepaid envelope. You dont get the dvd box or liner notes, but all the discs come in a sleeve that has a synopsis on it...

www.netflix.com

The other thing i love about it too is that you can make a list or 'queue' and assign in what order your movies arrive. you can for instance check off that you want to see a movie that isn't out yet, and put it at the top of your list, then when its released, you get it right away.

You can also type in friends' emails and see thier lists and see what movies they rated if they liked it, hated it or loved it

xo

Agree? Yes No

I was just talking with Kris about it and we are going to look into it...Neither of us are huge movie buffs, but I know we'd love to be able to get new releases and she mentioned that we could rent television season shows as well

Thank you for all of the info and the link!!!

Agree? Yes No

Anytime
    We just got really fed up with how pricey actually going to the movies can be... Unless it's something major, like King Kong...we just wait and get it from NetFlix.

We also use the On Demand feature on Digital Cable too, you can get some great free programs and movies!

xo

Agree? Yes No

Hehe, King Kong really sucked imo. Have you seen it? A lot of special effects and stuff, but quite boring actually. I expected more...

This Tivo-thing sounds cool, even though I don't need it at all.

/Christina

Originally posted by ElectroSwank
    Anytime
    We just got really fed up with how pricey actually going to the movies can be... Unless it's something major, like King Kong...we just wait and get it from NetFlix.

We also use the On Demand feature on Digital Cable too, you can get some great free programs and movies!

xo

Agree? Yes No

King Kong was ok... I just like seeing those big movies on a big screen!

Agree? Yes No

Again, we're still waiting on our cable company for that one...We have the On Demand button on our remote, and the channel on our cable box, but no picture yet, just a searching for signal display...According to our provider, our naighborhood hasn't been approved for the upgrade at this time, yet we still pay the additional cost to have it...I love how that works...

And I'm right there with you on going to the movies...I can't fathom shelling out almost ten bucks per person to listen to babies crying, the newest ringtone from Lil' Jon, and the people munching away at overpriced concessions...

The last movie we paid to see was Underworld 2...Not sure if it was worth the $9.50 we paid to see it, but it was very good

Agree? Yes No

Aww i'm the only scrouge eh? Glad to hear everyone had a great one though!!!!
    When a artist paints, they dip their brush in their soul, and with that they can paint life with all its vivid colors and aspects.

Agree? Yes No

Dan Dan Dan Dan...I told you about Netflix years ago! All that snuggling and cuddling with Kris is affecting the ole' noggin bro. heh.

If you have a Blockbuster near you, might want to check out Blockbuster Online. Similar in presentation but the new offer is they send, via printable email, an instore coupon every WEEK for a free rental. I switch back and forth between the two. BBO is shaky (the company is in serious financial trouble..) but the coupon offers are kinda cool....both services cost the same.
    \"I\'m just an ordinary man
    With extraordinary hands
    I don\'t want to hear your answers
    I don\'t have the big plan\"

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by CaffeineQueen
    Aww i'm the only scrouge eh?
    Well, if other people are happy in their lives and having a good time I don't rain on their parades. But with that said, nope, you're not the only one, Brandie...I'm cursed to be single all the days of my life. (IM me or something if you want to trade sob stories. I really did dress all in black yesterday, he he he.)
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

Me, I cooked (chicken tagliatelli(sic)) and pamered my other half. Did ponder eating out but eating out on V-day can be a nightmare!
    Crash

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by labrat

Well, if other people are happy in their lives and having a good time I don't rain on their parades. But with that said, nope, you're not the only one, Brandie...I'm cursed to be single all the days of my life. (IM me or something if you want to trade sob stories. I really did dress all in black yesterday, he he he.)

:: huug:: I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, I only try to bring laughter ^_^

But with that; I think there should be a holiday for singles.. Muahaha
    When a artist paints, they dip their brush in their soul, and with that they can paint life with all its vivid colors and aspects.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by CaffeineQueen

:: huug:: I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, I only try to bring laughter ^_^

But with that; I think there should be a holiday for singles.. Muahaha
    You know... I totally agree with you! What's the deal with that? Like single people don't like chocolate and cards??
    xo

Agree? Yes No

Oh no, we single people love our chocolate, cards, dining out, and flowers...we just set them up for ourselves the other 364 days of the year! Do you know how hard it is to find all that stuff on Valentine's Day, anyway?

:digging into strawberry charlotte--they were out of chocolate at the store:
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

My V-Day was spent with someone who I like a lot and likes me back, but he still hasn't budged in the right direction. Anyways, the best part was in the end when I was leaving, ahh it makes me melt... :: sigh :: Sometimes it is the little things, like the look he gave me and the sudden way he got so nervous, that matter the most...
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by melibita
    My V-Day was spent with someone who I like a lot and likes me back, but he still hasn't budged in the right direction. Anyways, the best part was in the end when I was leaving, ahh it makes me melt... :: sigh :: Sometimes it is the little things, like the look he gave me and the sudden way he got so nervous, that matter the most...
    He hasn't budged in the right direction? Is he insecure of what he wants or? I feel like an expert after reading all those books now so I can tell exactly how he feels.

/Christina

Thread Information