Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electrogarden's back! Support it!

Agree? Yes No

Talking Electrogarden's back! Support it!

I never though I'll see this. Electrogarden alive and kicking. It brings back memories. I've had my joy at this forum and learned my lessons

In the old days I was swapping user IDs all the time but this time I'll be me. A lot of time has passed through the briges (bla bla bla). Could it be so that we are all two years older? Can't be! ;'(

I heard the new today and everyone is back, Skylla, A04...everyone.

So who am I then when not hiding in a multiple of user IDs?
    I'm Martin Löfgren, a Swedish bloak. Singer in the band Marina Siertis (formaly Marina Sirtis as on the tracks electrogarden feature). And that's who I'll be on this forum, the singer Martin Löfgren. No more the "piss everyone off"-guy or the "Save the world"-guy.

So, Electrogarden's back and I hope it stays that way. Last time expenses were running high and income short (I guess). I've already mailed the advertising guy at Electrogarden. I hope I can contribute to it's struggle by placing an add however small. I hope some of you do the same (actually I've not recieved an answer yet so it might cost a fortune )

Cheers
    Martin (my space is http://www.marinasiertis.net)
    Swedish synthpop music at http://www.marinasiertis.net

Agree? Yes No

Quit posting and put some sound samples from the new album up on your site, dammit!!! (been waiting 6 months now)

Agree? Yes No

Hey Martin! Good to see you again.

Like you, I was so excited to see EGN come back. I've turned over a new more positive leaf and I was ready to reconnect with all the wonderful peeps I met here.

Then the "what I think is wrong with music" thread happened. And for no good reason my husband and I were verbally assaulted and degraded... over and over and over and over and for what? Some bizarre pissing contest to prove who is ''cooler'' or ''knows more''?

I'm so saddened at what this place has become in less then a month that its been around. I was so on board to support it, but how can I support a place that allows such vile things and wicked & mean attacks to go on?

If people do not like it here, I wish they'd have the common courtesy and decency to just not post here. It ruins the spirit of what this place could be.

Agree? Yes No

Hoho, another Swede! Welcome back!

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by ElectroSwank
    Then the "what I think is wrong with music" thread happened. And for no good reason my husband and I were verbally assaulted and degraded... over and over and over and over and for what? Some bizarre pissing contest to prove who is ''cooler'' or ''knows more''?

I'm so saddened at what this place has become in less then a month that its been around. I was so on board to support it, but how can I support a place that allows such vile things and wicked & mean attacks to go on?

If people do not like it here, I wish they'd have the common courtesy and decency to just not post here. It ruins the spirit of what this place could be.

It's not really the place, but that a few certain someones have decided to pop back after not having been around on most of the other boards (but i guess you knew that already).

... And totally off topic: I don't remember you and tim (it was him and not his brother, right) being married back before egn closed down. When were you guys married... and a very very late congratulations.

Originally posted by skylla
    ...that a few certain someones have decided to pop back
    Heh... an unintentional joke.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by skylla

... And totally off topic: I don't remember you and tim (it was him and not his brother, right) being married back before egn closed down. When were you guys married... and a very very late congratulations.

Heh... an unintentional joke.

oh no, I didn't marry Tim, I married his brother Kris!
    xo

Agree? Yes No

Hello ElectroSwank, I've just been posting in that thread. It was to long for me to go through but the first page is really good. Maybe it goes sour somewhere (I've jumped in on page 13). Sprry it happened to you.

I've been there, getting attacked, delivering attacks and I've learned my lessons. Being in a forum isn't about the members you don't like but the ones you like. This time I'll charish the forum better and I'll be more carefull. I can give possetive critisism but I'll shout the bad stuff at my computer instead of typing it down.

Whatever argument one has on different threads (and yes, it is easy getting into trouble), the Electrogarden team does not post ill mannered texts (I certainly hope). When I say support Electrogarden I mean support the team. Those who are building this wonderfull, frightening, annoying, fun, important, unimportant time consuming forum. Support the team, forget some of the members´, embrace others.

I'll have it as a starting point to love everyone

And without going into prices, if you have a band on the verge of releasing a CD, I think it is well spent money getting an add here and supporting the EGN. The team also respond quickly and I'll bet they will give a proffesional handling of the matter /I'll be back to confirm that). There will be an Marina Siertis add on display sometime this spring, I promise you that!

Peace and Love/Martin

Agree? Yes No

I'm all for supporting any one who puts positive engergy into an environment like this.

peace & love right back at you
    xo

Agree? Yes No

Anna, don't worry about a thread here and there where people start up negative stuff...It's part of the internet, sadly, and besides, every family has its share of drama...The community that makes up this place is much more important and we're more or less a pretty good bunch who love having you around. *Hugs*
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

I don\'t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :loco: :goofball:

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by labrat
    Anna, don't worry about a thread here and there where people start up negative stuff...It's part of the internet, sadly, and besides, every family has its share of drama...The community that makes up this place is much more important and we're more or less a pretty good bunch who love having you around. *Hugs*

OMG, you're so sweet!

See, this is why I love this place. I know that theres a bunch of really super people here... you included... who i really enjoy exchanging ideas and feelings with.

Thanks so much - i've been feeling a little stressed lately. I know that it's not always rainbows and sunshine but I wish everyone were as kind and thoughtful with the way they react or respond.

You rock chica bonita.
    (Hugs) for everyone!

xo

test

Agree? Yes No

Hey Martin! Good to see you again.

Like you, I was so excited to see EGN come back. I've turned over a new more positive leaf and I was ready to reconnect with all the wonderful peeps I met here.

Anna,

I only read less than half that thread and then my head started to hurt and I jumped to the last page at the time. I didn't see those posts, but knowing that they were there disturbs me. You were ALWAYS very nice to me and I appreciated and valued what you had to say. I can't believe that people would attack you and your hubby. That truly makes me feel disappointed because I never thought we'd ever be here again. If people can't be grown up and be adults, then they need to go back under the rock from which they came. Gah!

Agree? Yes No

Thank you Stephanie. Your kind words mean the world to me.
    That whole thread just got progressively personal and vicious with each new post. I thought I'd be the bigger person and just ignore it, but it just steamed me when my husband and I were just getting picked on with very personal comments.

This place may be just another forum or whatever to some, but honestly, I really dig this place. I know I am not alone... Call me corny, or whatever but I have made so many connections here with wonderful people, like yourself, and learned about so many great bands, etc. It just really upset me to think that people would just come here to crap on everything and start trouble... you know? I'm here to support this place - warts and all - I know it's not rosey all the time, but at the end of the day, what good does it do to just be negative and knock everything over and over?

((hug))
    Thanks again chica
    x

test

Agree? Yes No

After this board went down, I took a break from music messageboards. I got tired of the ego trips and sniping. I usually post on makeup boards. LOL. This place is great though. We got a second chance and I am glad to be here. It is our home. =)

Agree? Yes No

OMG, you're so sweet!

See, this is why I love this place. I know that theres a bunch of really super people here... you included... who i really enjoy exchanging ideas and feelings with.

Thanks so much - i've been feeling a little stressed lately. I know that it's not always rainbows and sunshine but I wish everyone were as kind and thoughtful with the way they react or respond.

You rock chica bonita.
    (Hugs) for everyone!

xo
    :hugs Anna back: Thanks for the kind words...I've been a little stressed lately myself. About that other thread, I only read the first page or two and after I saw it blow up into multiple pages in one night I figured that it had sadly devolved into a shouting match, so couldn't bring myself to open it up anymore...Call me a wimp, but it seems like if I play the flamers' games, I'm not going to come out ahead in it. I'm sorry to hear that people were giving you and Kris crap there. Guess some people don't have anywhere else to vent their frustrations, and the internet provides an anonymous locale to do so. Anyway, take care!
    \"I will live forever in your mind, thoughts are forever intertwined...\" Red Flag \"Eternal Flame\"

Agree? Yes No

I hear you ladies loud and clear - and i can't agree with either of you more.

Labrat - you're no whimp... I don't mind a friendly debate but when it gets personal - well you know...

Stephanie - I feel like we really did get another chance also. I too feel at home here. Its where I met you guys! (hug)

xo

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by labrat

:hugs Anna back: Thanks for the kind words...I've been a little stressed lately myself. About that other thread, I only read the first page or two and after I saw it blow up into multiple pages in one night I figured that it had sadly devolved into a shouting match, so couldn't bring myself to open it up anymore...Call me a wimp, but it seems like if I play the flamers' games, I'm not going to come out ahead in it. I'm sorry to hear that people were giving you and Kris crap there. Guess some people don't have anywhere else to vent their frustrations, and the internet provides an anonymous locale to do so. Anyway, take care!
    Yes, long threads with long messages get so played out. Ugh. It's like being at work. I gave up on that thread long ago.

Anna, I too just learned your married. Congrats. What a bummer for us bachelors. All the god ones getting snapped up. I better do some ab crunches or something...get in shape for the chicks.
    Complicating. Circulating.
    Operating. Generating.

Agree? Yes No

Yeah, it's too bad there are people who can't share differences in opinion without feeling like they are being threatened just because someone doesn't agree with them. It sucks...How come the internet has to mimic real life sometimes?

::group hug::

Agree? Yes No

I think one (just one though) of the problems with music-board, where everyone is more or less into amature musicians themselves, is that they (2 years ago include me) take out their frustration on the board.

One come here for the first time, and most of us are hoping that this will be a great door out into the world to show our mp3:s. One start planning world tours and get all blown up.

After a while one discover that it isn't, and that creates a lot of frustration. (Anyone know any clubs to play in LA or San Francisco at the end of march by the way )

For me it has taken all these years of EGN both online and offline (EGN was my first forum-lover) to value the board for what it really is. A few hundres just hanging out.

So hang in there!

Agree? Yes No

I totally understand Martin! But frustration shouldn't be an all access pass to make personal attacks on people

xo

Agree? Yes No

Nope. That's why I, in case of emergency, will shout at my screen instead of typing what I'm shouting

On another issue: I've just got our new single "Disease" back from the mastering. After listening to the results, I'm officially announcing my self as a musician

Thread Information