Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your first concert?

Agree? Yes No

I only know "Round and Round" by Ratt... but surely they rocked, right?

I have some embarrassing shows too - Like EZO, who also had an unknown recently signed band called Guns and Roses open up for them! I remember they were selling cassettes with photocopied art work for like a few bucks so I picked up and like a couple months later they were all over mtv and were massive news! lol

Agree? Yes No

Man, thatís going way back. My first concert was back when I was 10 or 11 and in 6th grade. My Aunt took me to see The Plasmatics as a graduation present, and then later that summer I saw Bow Wow Wow. So those were my first and second concerts.

test

Agree? Yes No

all of you who are naming the first concert you chose to go to... are CHEATING

name the shitty band you saw when you were a kid... and stop lying!

Agree? Yes No

I did.
    ------------------------------
    www.myspace.com/noirtech
    ------------------------------

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Joel

I don't think I was cheating but I don't think it is in the spirit of the thread to talk about all of the crappy concerts your parents drug you to. I grew up in a country music household so the first concert I ever went to was Jeannie C. Riley (she sang Harper Valley PTA), & Grandpa Jones of Hee-Haw fame at the Mt. Vernon County Fair, Ohio. I was bored senseless.
    I am on myspace because no one else is.:
    Scar Chemik

Agree? Yes No

01. RickSpringfield. 1979. 7 yrs old.
    02. QuietRiot, HoneymoonSuite, Helix. 1983.
    dont die...
    fen.

CTRL

test

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Scar Chemik

I don't think I was cheating but I don't think it is in the spirit of the thread to talk about all of the crappy concerts your parents drug you to. I grew up in a country music household so the first concert I ever went to was Jeannie C. Riley (she sang Harper Valley PTA), & Grandpa Jones of Hee-Haw fame at the Mt. Vernon County Fair, Ohio. I was bored senseless.
    i like that answer better

the first show i went to go see in NYC was Dinosaur Jr... and it was so loud that i almost went deaf... i had to stand all the way in the back of the club because i felt like my ears were going to explode

that's my official answer taking into account the "spirit" of this internet topic

Agree? Yes No

My first: Thompson Twins on the "Into the Gap" tour. (1984, I believe.)

I was pretty young and a bit scared of the huge stoned crowd at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, so my father asked a security guard if we could go up to the balcony (no tickets were sold for up there). Sure enough, he let us, and then about half way through the concert, Tom Bailey saw us up there and said hi to us. I was probably 12, and I felt pretty cool.

By the way, if any of you ever make an appearance on IPMRadio.com (check it out - they play nothing but cool indie music, mostly electronic in one way or another [including synthpop], and they actually broadcast live out of a real studio every Saturday night...), this is the first question they ask visitors who have never been on the show before. I was just there a couple of weeks ago, so this answer was fresh on my mind!

-mark
    mark nicholas
    info@marknicholas.org
    http://www.marknicholas.org
    http://www.myspace.com/marknicholasmusic
    I felt like a bit of a poser using the name Cosmicity. So, now I\'m just using my name. -Me

Agree? Yes No

Ha, ha, ha. I didn't choose to go to either of these concerts. My Aunt, who was very active in the Punk Rock scene back then took me. I didn't start going to shows of MY choosing until many years later.

Agree? Yes No

Information Society, A-ha, Capital Inicial, Nenhum de Nůs & Debbie Gibson at Rock In Rio II in 1991. I had 15 years old.

I went with my mother and a friend. :P

Agree? Yes No

Dramarama - '87 (late)
    Eazy 'muthafukin' E/NWA, Young MC, 2 Live Crew, EPMD - '88
    101 Rose Bowl - '88

quite diverse?
    \"I\'m just an ordinary man
    With extraordinary hands
    I don\'t want to hear your answers
    I don\'t have the big plan\"

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by dxtc

First one I actually liked: Howard Jones and The Human League opening for Culture Club during the Big Rewind tour in '98. Got to meet HoJo backstage-- schaWEET.
    Grrr, I am jealous. No fair. :P

I went to a few backyard gigs where the "bands" were kids who just bought a guitar, mic, and drums the week before. I have no clue what their names were now.
    M3L1B174

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Dan1boy

Eazy 'muthafukin' E/NWA, Young MC, 2 Live Crew, EPMD - '88
    You was witnessing the strength of street knowledge while busting a move as you popped that coochie while keeping it strictly business???

Freaking lucky bastard man, you always go to the good shows!!!

I named my first actual concert...I was drug there..Hell man I was ten years old, I had no clue who DM were aside from the fact that they dressed weird and one of them clapped all the time...
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

My first 2 concerts I believe were Paul Anka and Pete Seeger/Peter, Paul and Marry all in the 70's. Obviously I was dragged there by my mom

Puff the magic dragon lived by the sea . . .

Kris
    Brand New Idol
    Listen to our music - Click Here
    http://www.brandnewidol.com
    http://www.mp3.com/brandnewidol (R.I.P.)
    http://www.nysynthpop.com

Agree? Yes No

Im so thankful my parents aren't from this country and didn't torture me with crappy concerts LOL

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by ElectroSwank
    Im so thankful my parents aren't from this country and didn't torture me with crappy concerts LOL
    You're so lucky...Seriously, do you know how close I came to witnessing a freaking Oakridge Boys concert when I was seven??? Ooooh let's just say it was purdy freaking close, and I'm so happy my grandmother was able to baby sit me that night *LMAO*
    "For every minute of my life I spend unhappy, that's one minute of my life I've wasted, and I refuse to spend my time wasting my life."

Agree? Yes No

I wouldn't say I was tortured, I was enlightened Of course I also grew up with my fathers stash of stripper records from the 60's.
    Brand New Idol
    Listen to our music - Click Here
    http://www.brandnewidol.com
    http://www.mp3.com/brandnewidol (R.I.P.)
    http://www.nysynthpop.com

Agree? Yes No

LOL - 7R7

As an aside, I did have to go to my first concert with my older cousins but at least it was something I wanted to see (Adam Ant). I remember my mom gawking at the price of a concert ticket. Back in 1982 it was a whole 14.00!! lol My, how times have changed. I think you can buy a keychain for that price at a DM or Duran show for that money now!
    xo

Agree? Yes No

I remember my mom gawking at the price of a concert ticket. Back in 1982 it was a whole 14.00!! lol My, how times have changed. I think you can buy a keychain for that price at a DM or Duran show for that money now!
    xo
    Swank, your starting to sound like my parents! Isn't that scary? We're probably about the age that our parents were when they used to say stuff like that.

Agree? Yes No

My concert wallet rape story...

Ticket for DM Singles Tour 98 Concert= $65.00

Cost of parking my car at said DM concert= $15.00

Bnd tour t-shirt= $25.00

Souvenier DM watch being sold at said concert= $85.00

Showing up to said concert fifteen minutes late only to find someone already in your seats and argung with you and security about having to move= priceless...

There are certain things money shouldn't buy...For everything else there is eBay

Thread Information