Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: why some people are fucked on the net?

Agree? Yes No

Default why some people are fucked on the net?

According to recent research published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, I've only a 50-50 chance of ascertaining the tone of any e-mail message. The study also shows that people think they've correctly interpreted the tone of e-mails they receive 90 percent of the time.

"That's how flame wars get started," says psychologist Nicholas Epley of the University of Chicago, who conducted the research with Justin Kruger of New York University. "People in our study were convinced they've accurately understood the tone of an e-mail message when in fact their odds are no better than chance," says Epley.

http://www.wired.com/news/technology...l?tw=rss.index

That's why you can't take internet too seriously... I have been saying this for many years. I am gladly someone took time to do more research.
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

test

Agree? Yes No

BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

THE INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!!!!1111111

Agree? Yes No

That's so true!
    Crash

Agree? Yes No

A huge problem we have in modern society is we overuse and abuse sarcasm. As a result, no one trusts anybody anymore.

Think of this as an example:
    Person A says "I LOVE band X"

Person B replies in the same thread: "Oh yeah, I LOVE them too". Now person B could actually be agreeing but if Person B is say ...Dan1Boy then what they are really saying is "Hey fanboy cut the LOVE crap because it makes you sound like a dork which makes me want to make fun of you." A few of those, and you become jaded.

Dan, you know I'm kidding right?
    I am on myspace because no one else is.:
    Scar Chemik

Agree? Yes No

"A huge problem we have in modern society is we overuse and abuse sarcasm."

This is a *problem*?

Agree? Yes No

And the fact people can feel like they can be cyber-bully's and get away with it too. The overuse of abuse on this board is anything but disgusting. There is alot of research there as well.
    Brand New Idol
    Listen to our music - Click Here
    http://www.brandnewidol.com
    http://www.mp3.com/brandnewidol (R.I.P.)
    http://www.nysynthpop.com

test

Agree? Yes No

there is a lot of research that shows that some people are too sensative to take part in heated discussions on the internet and are better off staying out of them until they can learn not to take everything so personal

Agree? Yes No

From now on I'm going to correctly interpret the tone of everyone's posts to be in the style of C-3P0!
    Crash

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Brand New Idol
    And the fact people can feel like they can be cyber-bully's and get away with it too. The overuse of abuse on this board is anything but disgusting. There is alot of research there as well.
    The same people who do that are the first to argue it's not true! Must be their overwhelming need to always be right!
    LOL

Agree? Yes No

Please!!!!!!!!
    Over sensitive people are to conscious of their actions. If you are too conscious of your actions from others reactions, you are thinking too much on the empty lines you can't witness....

NOTE: THAT'S WHAT VOICES IN YOUR HEAD MEANS.

thank you.
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

Agree? Yes No

Damnit. Read the thread subject wrong. Thought it said "Why some people want to fuck on the net".

moving on
    ------------------------------
    www.myspace.com/noirtech
    ------------------------------

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Brand New Idol
    I'M GOING TO *INTERNET* KICK YOUR ASS!!!

ALL CAPS!!!

Agree? Yes No

Ooh. Paxyll, will you really internet kick my ass too?

That's a lot like getting googled, but...well, you know.
    A04 of SoundMine, self-proclaimed electromilitant

Agree? Yes No

LOL

Sarcasm is humour. Humour is supposed to be fun.

/Christina

Originally posted by Scar Chemik
    A huge problem we have in modern society is we overuse and abuse sarcasm. As a result, no one trusts anybody anymore.

Think of this as an example:
    Person A says "I LOVE band X"

Person B replies in the same thread: "Oh yeah, I LOVE them too". Now person B could actually be agreeing but if Person B is say ...Dan1Boy then what they are really saying is "Hey fanboy cut the LOVE crap because it makes you sound like a dork which makes me want to make fun of you." A few of those, and you become jaded.

Dan, you know I'm kidding right?

Thread Information