Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: What I think is wrong with most music

Agree? Yes No

This thread has gone way to long for me to read all postings so Iíll just reply to the original posting. Iíve been doing music for over a decade and even though Iíve learned a lot I still learn every day. I generally agree with Scar Chemik. What you have written could be directly copied from ďThe mixers and mastersĒ handbook (if there is such). Iím a singer, producer, mixer, arranger and you name it. All the things you have to be these days to get ahead. Foremost Iím a singer though so Iíll comment on the VOCAL-part.

Concerning the vocal, one can debate whether there is too much compression and to little dynamics, whether the voice it too much effected or not. But before taking that discussion one must ask oneself (and true and good friends), can I sing? The quality of the non-effected vocal is the number 1 benchmark for the potential success of a band (unless you look good or dance well ). If the question is no, I canít sing, donít give up, everyone can learn (and those who can not learn canít learn to play an instrument or do anything in music anyhow).

There is a problem with having to be ďa singer, producer, mixer, arranger and you name it.Ē, as you donít get enough time to practice singing. Further on, when working with computers and recording a demo-version of the singing early on, you donít get to sing in the making of your music.

A SUGGESTION TO THE ONCE OF YOU MAKING YOUR OWN MUSIC BUT RARELY PLAYING LIVE! DO NOT RECORD A VOCAL DEMO: SING WHILE ARRANGING THE REST OF THE MUSIC!

What Scar Chemik leaves out is the money that goes into all that studio equipment. When we (Marina Siertis) recorded the vocal to our last single, the chain of equipment just from the microphone to the computer cost about $10.000.

What he maybe donít stress enough is the skill needed to make use of all studio equipment. That takes years and years (we had a technician. even though we think we are somewhat skilled our self we arenít skilled enough).

What Scar Chemik definitely does not stress enough (if it is even mentioned) is the quality of the song itself. A good song should sound good using whatever style, whatever instrument, whatever studio technique. Iíll be blessed the day I right I really good song!

But to all of you having a demo band, embrace what Scar Chemik is saying, try to move toward a higher level but donít quit just because you donít get the quickly enough. We are doing our second album. After three years in the studio recording it (over ambitiously) I feel that with the album we release after that, weíll have come long enough to fight with the big ones. After 2 decades!

Cheers
    Martin
    Swedish synthpop music at http://www.marinasiertis.net

Agree? Yes No

Thanks for the input Martin. Very well said. I definitely did omit any discussion about using the gear you have or even buying what you need. Many times it is financially impossible to do what you know you need to do but the listening public will be the judge of how well you used what you had.

A great addition to the thread though Martin.
    I am on myspace because no one else is.:
    Scar Chemik

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by pop

This is it? This was your goal? The top music executive from EMI, a self-proclaimed best synthpop band of the east coast USA that repeatly I have to read in the past through your im, this is your final stop? By the way, I know I suck really bad, but I am better than you. This is all you wanted? Impress few people on this board and affilated boards. The total of around 250 people, 90% of them who are musicans, so they are really to busy helping themselves. Everyone has their own happiness. I am sorry. I believe there are more than 250 people in America who listen to Electronica. How many copies acts like Chemical Brothers sold in USA? You are a top person in EMI. You keep on reminding me over and over again in the past three years. Are you saying this is over, because of what you say and this site? Let's think about it. I am not sure I am an asshole much as you. You brought back the links to old arguments to prove you are an asshole. I am not a much of an asshole like you. I am not going to post all the certify im conversations to prove the record of the conversation to this site. People are lucky to have friends like you. Least, I talk shit on their faces. I don't stab others back and smile when they are around.
    My goals in life is not your concern you little scumbag motherfucker. Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe I'm happy doing what I'm doing

And again, I've proved that all you do is insult me, my friends, my wife, the users of this board, and the other artists that use this site as a resource. That's all your good solid producer self is good at because with no social skills it's not a hard to see how people learn to hate you so easily.

Oh Kevin Park, if that is even your real name, you are no Chemical Brother, nor will you ever be, throwing out numbers for a band you'll never be will do nothing. I'm sure with a little research you probably can find out how many they sold, I'm sure you'll find it on the web 2.0 somehow. /chuckle.

This is over now, tuning you out.
    Brand New Idol
    Listen to our music - Click Here
    http://www.brandnewidol.com
    http://www.mp3.com/brandnewidol (R.I.P.)
    http://www.nysynthpop.com

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by synth-master
    like it has been said.....everybody is a musician.

If we didnt have so many musicians in our scene....the music would be much better cause we'd stick to the quality rather than the quantity as we see today.

Yes.. I agree 100% with what you just said. The Music World is over fluctuated with bands. So its harder for A+R and brillaiant bands/artists of all genres to get heard amongst the clutter of less quality-more quantity bands...
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Thread Information